Beyer with no 1k flagship can?
Oct 14, 2006 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

coolshot

500+ Head-Fier
well there are tons of FOTM cans out there and it seems beyer has been left in the cold when it comes to these types of discussions. Even the 2006 models didnt get super crazy hype like 701s, gs1000s etc. I also wonder why they dont have 1kish flagship model to showcase what they can do if money were no object. My philosophy is if it doesnt have a Case/Box, then its not an end game can (exceptions of course I.E ad2000). Once you get into that range its all preference. So id like to see Beyer do a 1k Beyer house sound can.

companies that have/had top tier cans
sony: qualia
AT: L3000/W5000
AKG: k1000
Grado: GS1000
Senn: Orpheus
Stax: OII
ultrasone: that $1400 thingamajig

Oct 14, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 44
Notice how only 2 of those companies currently have headphones over $1000? Expensive headphones don't bring in the big profits like the $100-300 market does
wink.gif

Oct 14, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 44
My DT880's came in a leather case....

What exactly are these sorts of threads acheiving (lumping AdamCalifornias output in)? I mean discussion of headphones is great, but it really seems like a decent percentage of posts on here are for the sake of themselves these days. Spend your time listening to great music, not postulating about meaningless stuff.

Oct 14, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_cs
What exactly are these sorts of threads acheiving (lumping AdamCalifornias output in)? I mean discussion of headphones is great, but it really seems like a decent percentage of posts on here are for the sake of themselves these days. Spend your time listening to great music, not postulating about meaningless stuff.

I understand that some posts/threads can be annoying. But this is a *headphone forum* after all. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. It's not like you're in a cancer/alcoholism/abuse support forum and people are posting about "LOLZ teh new Red IPOD RULZ".

Oct 14, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #6 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
Notice how only 2 of those companies currently have headphones over $1000? Expensive headphones don't bring in the big profits like the $100-300 market does
wink.gif

indeed, but nearly all of the major companies have some sort of a flagship product, like the epitome of their capabilities.

Oct 14, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #10 of 44
Quote:

it is all about expressing yourself. you do want to express yourself, don't you?

anyway such posts sink quickly here.

Oct 15, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #11 of 44
Quote:

the point about this thread is that i find cans in the $300 great bang for buck cans. They either do all around solid like 8 (1-10 scale) or they do one thing really well and have some areas that are really lacking i.e 10 in details 5 in bass.Through personal experience through meets and borrowing other members gear, i can safely say that not one company can produce a top tier results in the $300 range where any fanboy of a particular brand can say, yeah that can totally sucks(cept maybe the gs1000). There are just too many corners to cut to get down the price of production.

So my thing is why hasnt beyer had a flagship throughout the years even one that had limited production and now dicontinued.

Oct 15, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #12 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolshot
So my thing is why hasnt beyer had a flagship throughout the years even one that had limited production and now dicontinued.

The ET1000 was their flagship and was discontinued in the mid-80s.

Oct 15, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #13 of 44
oh my mistake, i was born in 1981 but i digress. i wonder if 80s technology still holds up to contemporary cans of today.

Oct 15, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolshot
oh my mistake, i was born in 1981 but i digress. i wonder if 80s technology still holds up to contemporary cans of today.

For electrostatics, sure. Technology hasn't improved that much in the past 20 years.

Oct 15, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
If they made a super-high end can with a similar sound to the DT880 I'd buy it in a flash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees
X2!!!!!!

X3!

Actually, Beyer understands that it is equally or more important to have quality recordings & sources behind your headphones, and that you should allocate more funds toward that.

I can't understand why people will spend $$$$ money on a pair of Grado GS-1000's or even Stax O2's, and use them with a sub-par source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back