beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
Feb 20, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #616 of 623
if you dont mind adding hardware, the schiit loki mini works wonders with the t70. i personally think the treble is spot on stock, but i do wish for more bass. the loki is perfect for that purpose! i give a slight increase to both the sub and mid bass knobs, and leave the mid treble and upper treble alone, and the t70 sounds awesome. all the mid/treble details it's know for, plus a noticeable increase in bass slam and weight. i did play with the loki's treble knobs and the t70 took it fine without distorting. i just like a bit of brightness, so i prefer the treble stock.

i have the dekoni sheepskin ear pads on, super comfy, and the deeper side walls keep my ears from touching the driver screens. great pads! they add just a touch more bass resonance, without dramatically affecting mids/highs.

Hello, do you know what the outer dimensions of the T70 original pads are? Some Beyers are 110mm and some are 100mm. Is the T70 100 or 110? Brainwavz sells a round pad that is 100mm outside dimension. I'm wondering if it will fit the T70?

Thanks for the help

Feb 20, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #617 of 623
Hello, do you know what the outer dimensions of the T70 original pads are? Some Beyers are 110mm and some are 100mm. Is the T70 100 or 110? Brainwavz sells a round pad that is 100mm outside dimension. I'm wondering if it will fit the T70?

Thanks for the help

Please disregard this - I had that wrong. The Beyers are all 100mm.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #618 of 623
The right driver of my T70s died today. It is far quieter than the left. The dc resistance of the left is 230 ish ohms and the dc resistance of the right is about 10 kilohms. I'm not quite sure what happened to cause this.

I found the sheepskin leather brainwavz pads (110mm) to be the best of the ones I tried (stock, dekoni pleather) They don't fit quite properly, but they sound great.

Feb 2, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #619 of 623
The right driver of my T70s died today. It is far quieter than the left. The dc resistance of the left is 230 ish ohms and the dc resistance of the right is about 10 kilohms. I'm not quite sure what happened to cause this.

I found the sheepskin leather brainwavz pads (110mm) to be the best of the ones I tried (stock, dekoni pleather) They don't fit quite properly, but they sound great.

Did you found out what happened to your driver?

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #620 of 623
Did you found out what happened to your driver?
No, but I think it was in some way related to my amp or dac. Since then, the right driver of a pair of modded DT880s and 1more triple drivers have died in similar ways, and they were using different amps, but the same DAC. I sent in the DAC (a modi MB) to schiit, and they said it works fine, so I have no idea what's going on.

Feb 2, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #621 of 623
No, but I think it was in some way related to my amp or dac. Since then, the right driver of a pair of modded DT880s and 1more triple drivers have died in similar ways, and they were using different amps, but the same DAC. I sent in the DAC (a modi MB) to schiit, and they said it works fine, so I have no idea what's going on.

Wasnt it that amp that put out massive DC voltage after being turned off with headphone still plugged in becose Schiit decided to not put a relay inside? I think it was called Asgard. Anyway, thanks for explaining this thing, I was worried for a moment that T70 might be unreliable. By the way, was it the 250 ohm version or the 32 ohm P version?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #622 of 623
Wasnt it that amp that put out massive DC voltage after being turned off with headphone still plugged in becose Schiit decided to not put a relay inside? I think it was called Asgard. Anyway, thanks for explaining this thing, I was worried for a moment that T70 might be unreliable. By the way, was it the 250 ohm version or the 32 ohm P version?
They were 250 ohm

Apr 12, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #623 of 623
David at Triton Audio Cables modified my T70 for detachable balanced cables :)

10272806.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back