Beyer DT770 Pro/ 80 Detachable cable MOD
Jan 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #16 of 315
great thread! thinking of now doing this
atsmile.gif
 Also just enquired with the Australian Slappa for that case- looks great.

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #17 of 315
Awesome guys! I hope this inspires people to mod their Beyers. The only thing that was turning me off with them was that they weren't as portable as other headphones. NOW THEY ARE :D

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #21 of 315
That pair of 770's are beautiful! I thought about getting a jack that would be totally custom like the XLR but I liked the idea of being able to change out cables whenever I want. It's way easier to do with the mini jack. Maybe someday ill make an adapter with an XLR plug and a female 3.5 on the other end to keep them somewhat universal to 3.5's.

Mar 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #26 of 315
Quote:
Does anyone know where else I can get the small input jacks at? I don't have much room in my cans. Thanks.

This one looks pretty small. I think it's the same one I used on my DT770's. I'm pretty sure they carry these in the store itself as well.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103452&clickid=prod_cs

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #27 of 315
Quote:
This one looks pretty small. I think it's the same one I used on my DT770's. I'm pretty sure they carry these in the store itself as well.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103452&clickid=prod_cs

Thanks I will try this. I assume the lead nearest the opening is ground, but do you know if the lead closest to the ground lead is L or R?

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #28 of 315
Quote:
Thanks I will try this. I assume the lead nearest the opening is ground, but do you know if the lead closest to the ground lead is L or R?

I cant recall which is left or right. I knew when I did the mod. On the page before this you can see how I wired mine, it will be the same if you're doing this to anything Beyerdynamic, I'm sure.

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #29 of 315
These mods are awesome. I came across a vintage set of DT990 and stumbled upon these threads. I caught the headphone mod bug! I will be doing some really simple mods to my DT770, including this jack mod. I am thinking of a RCAx2 to 3.5 for the DT990. Maybe some color changes for both of them....

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #30 of 315
Quote:
These mods are awesome. I came across a vintage set of DT990 and stumbled upon these threads. I caught the headphone mod bug! I will be doing some really simple mods to my DT770, including this jack mod. I am thinking of a RCAx2 to 3.5 for the DT990. Maybe some color changes for both of them....

Awesome! The RCAs on the DT990 is going to be pretty cool, I havent seen that on any beyers yet. Post up some pics here when you complete the mods!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back