Beyer DT770 Pro/ 80 Detachable cable MOD
Feb 23, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #167 of 315
Hi all!

I modded my headphones successfully. This is what I used:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ML4A2Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Mogami W2893 (Purched off Performance Audio)
Rubber Washer
Loctite Plastic Bonding System
Soldering Iron
Fine Electric Solder 60/40
Dremmel (For those of you that don't have one I got this one and it worked great http://www.amazon.com/WEN-2307-Variable-100-Piece-Accessories/dp/B00A8DXKXS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424713322&sr=8-2&keywords=dremmel)

Notes: I had to use a dremmel to make the whole a bit bigger to not only allow the chassis to fit but also so it could be snug and I could fit the rubber washer on.

There it is. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Feb 25, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #175 of 315
You can just put it over both cables, tie a knot on the inside of the cup on one of the parts where the sleeve is, route it through the headband and into the other cup, and then tie a knot there as well in a place where the sleeve is. It won't move that way and you wont have to use heat shrink. Obviously, allow some slack of extra wire for the parts connecting to the drivers.

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #178 of 315
Heya, I recently installed a 3 pin mini xlr in DT-770 250omh. I would presume that the different Ohm versions look the same internally, but have your mods been a tight fit or have you had to file down either the connector or the filaments inside? I had adjust the cut out for the jack towards the back of the can.

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #179 of 315
  Heya, I recently installed a 3 pin mini xlr in DT-770 250omh. I would presume that the different Ohm versions look the same internally, but have your mods been a tight fit or have you had to file down either the connector or the filaments inside? I had adjust the cut out for the jack towards the back of the can.

Yeah, I think for most adapters you need to make the hole larger. I used a dremel on mine but I used a 3.5mm. I would just make sure that the hole is filled as you don't want any open space or it will change the sound. I used a rubber washer and some epoxy. Epoxy works really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back