Beware of fake Beats Mixr headphone
Jun 3, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #4 of 31
Very useful info, thanks. Not that I'd ever use it.

Jun 3, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #5 of 31
This is why you should ALWAYS buy from an authorized dealer. People never learn.

Willing to bet the fake was bought due to some absurdly low price. You think you get a deal... you get crap.

Jun 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #7 of 31
Regardless of whether or not I'd ever actually purchase the headphone in question, these threads are always interesting and a great service to the headphone community.  Thank you soundtech for sharing you findings with us! :)

There is, however, one burning question that is still unanswered: how does the sound compare between the original and fake?

Jun 3, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #12 of 31
The fakes indeed might sound better. The only thing people buying these are looking for is the logo. Fake or not they won't notice.

A guy at work wants to buy the big expensive Beats. He told me "If people buy them that much they have to be good".

OK. Whatever.

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #14 of 31
You know, these really don't sound as bad as a lot of other Beats products. I tried them in the official store (SoHo) out of my iPhone directly, and was pleasantly surprised that they weren't a total pile. They're not "good for the money" but they're definitely a few steps above the other Beats I've heard in both construction and sound quality. Smoother and less muddy.

Still, don't buy them. Deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back