Beware of fake Beats Mixr headphone
Jun 4, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #16 of 31
Regardless of whether or not I'd ever actually purchase the headphone in question, these threads are always interesting and a great service to the headphone community.  Thank you soundtech for sharing you findings with us! :)

There is, however, one burning question that is still unanswered: how does the sound compare between the original and fake?

My fake Studios sound like the real Studios, crappy. But they look cool.

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Ha!  Go figure that an "authentic" Beats sound would be easily and cheaply replicated. 
rolleyes.gif

I seen there are a bunch of fake studios floating around with "custom" color schemes.  Since the vast majority seem to buy them exclusively based on looks/trendiness and they sound alike, (and I'm sure durability wouldn't take much of a hit either) it seems that buying fakes is actually the way to go in this case.

Jun 4, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #18 of 31
i think the title should be "beware of beats in general"....

Jun 4, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #19 of 31
Monster sources the drivers for their Beats series from Chinese oem manufacturers anyways, so in essence both fake and real Beats share the same basic drivers.

Woah did somebody just say something?

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #20 of 31
Ha!  Go figure that an "authentic" Beats sound would be easily and cheaply replicated. :rolleyes:

I seen there are a bunch of fake studios floating around with "custom" color schemes.  Since the vast majority seem to buy them exclusively based on looks/trendiness and they sound alike, (and I'm sure durability wouldn't take much of a hit either) it seems that buying fakes is actually the way to go in this case.

A friend got them for me in Beijing, they're the Superman style. One of these days I'm going to replace the 40mm drivers in them with something decent and re-tune them, then I'll send them to Tyll for measurements.

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #23 of 31
Jun 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:
I think the fake should sound better then original haha so be glad there are fake ones cause when you buy beats your money is wasted anyway why in the world would you buy such a crap headphone...??!!

Ditto ........ with an emphasis on 'crap'.

Quote:
it looks cool, and lots of people own it now. i just make a mistake.

An understatement! (the mistake part : )

Quote:
yes, i bought this earphone just want to try Beats headphone, few of my friends are using studio. looks cool.

That's about it - they may look 'cool', but just be sure to have a pair of JH13 Pro IEM's inside the Beats to be actually listening to!

Quote:
i think the title should be "beware of beats in general"....

Pretty well sums it up .......... oh, and remember - NEVER bring da Beats to Headphone meets (won't even pass the 'cool' test)

Quote:

There's that 'crap' word again - Beats can only be described with four-letter words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back