Better to have multiple "good" pairs, or one killer pair? POLL!
Feb 21, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #91 of 122
you need many pairs, for many a reasons:
- Different voices, come-on perfect might be perfect, but eventually that's gonna get boring where as you have three good ones you can just switch around happy as a clam.
-What happens if that perfect pair gets "hurt" or pops and there is no warranty.
hmm at least the guy with three can switch to the next one.
Sure those K1000 might be perfect, but it is it a worth it forever, doomed to hear just one ?

Feb 21, 2007 at 8:14 AM Post #95 of 122
I just want a single pair of perfect headphones. Not only that it will be a lot easier on my mind that I have finally "nailed" it, but having to build multiple systems around different sounding headphones will be financially straining. Plus, I think I am pretty close to finding the perfect phones for me anyway
340smile.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #96 of 122
I'd prefer one excellent set, though I think that certain types of headphones are better for different things. Obviously a set of UE-10s and something from Stax would be optimal.

Feb 21, 2007 at 9:49 AM Post #97 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2, that is what I do, once I love a heapdhone, I get the mate for it....

Later on, I even put them together the whole night in the same drawer, very close and play some romantic music through them, but no luck, no breeding....
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

LOL!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #98 of 122
I'm for the idea of "perfect" being relative. For listening in bed, the K701s are an awful choice because they keep my wife away. For public use, the SR60s are a poor choice because I can hear everything BUT the music. Both are stunning used in the right place, though.

Feb 22, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #100 of 122
Multiple good pairs. Because

1) Diminishing returns on ultra-expensive headsets
2) Different headsets for different genres, and different locations (work, home, or outside)
3) Once you get one, you'll end up wanting more

Can't stop, won't stop...

Quote:

Sure those K1000 might be perfect, but it is it a worth it forever, doomed to hear just one ?

Hahaha he puts up a good point too

Feb 22, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #102 of 122
At the end of the day, you're looking for equipment that will provide the most realistic possible portrayal of the music within your given limitations. The most general limitation is your budget. On the "headphone" level, you also have to deal with the extremely unrealistic soundstage and imaging inherent in all headphones.

No "combination" of headphones will provide this solution. Perhaps solutions to a few of the problems, but not all of them. You simply cannot get the most realistic portrayal possible out of owning more than one pair of headphones. After all, you can't listen to all of them at once, and you shouldn't want to anyway. So, really, it's better to have the "killer" headphone that will most accurately portray the music for ALL music, given the limitations.

Feb 22, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #103 of 122
One.. It's kinda obvious

If one headphone can do it all, why wouldn't you?
There wouldn't be a synergy problem, no conflict in your head on which one to listen to (i know you do it
biggrin.gif
)

As for me, when i have 2 headphones one of them always takes up at least 90% of the time

Feb 25, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #104 of 122
Once a new piece of equipment becomes my "favorite", I forget the other pieces that I own. Keeping one killer pair and selling the others works best for me. Of course there's always room to try something new.

Feb 25, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #105 of 122
What about one killer pair, and multiple "good" pairs?
wink.gif

Killer = Omega II
Good = Lambda Pro & SR-X/MK3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back