Best Westone 4 seller w/ intl. shipping + why isn't Westone 4 bundled with the E6?
Sep 10, 2011 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sicksugar

New Head-Fier
Hi,

It's been a long while since i posted on head-fi... i'm looking to rebuild my portable setup, and decided to get the Westone 4 after a few good years with ER-4's.
Earphone solutions do not ship to my country for some reason (Israel), so i'm trying to see if there are any alternatives.
Currently my options are the official Westone store, or an eBay authorized seller called Audio Vengeance (or unauthorized people which sell much cheaper, though no real warranty i guess). Can anyone offer any insight on any of these options or recommend other options?

Secondly, i was wondering why the Westone 2 and 3 come bundled with the E6, yet the W4, their leading universal fit model, does not. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Noam

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 9
1) usually someone with the funds to purchase the most expensive universal from westone's line will also want to look at much more expensive amps.
2) the westone 4 being their newest, premier product, it sells well enough on its own to require any sort of promotion.  however, their lower end / older models are older and would benefit from a promotion. just like how apple products only go on sale right before a new generation is announced to replace it.

sorry, i can't answer your main question, as i don't have any experience with ordering with either!  i have read on here that you can make a 'best offer' through audiovengeance for a bit of a discount though.

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 9
Yes,

I also face similar issue at the moment, I'm in AUstralia, so I got my W4 from this store earphonesolutions.com/westone-4.html they'll send overseas with FEDEX priority over the weekend, I have received my W4 now as I'm enjoying it now :)

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #4 of 9
Also, with Earphone Solutions, try using the coupon code CLASS. Not sure if it's still current but I got my W4Rs from them with this code from another HeadFier and saved 20% off the normal price.

Sep 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
Also, with Earphone Solutions, try using the coupon code CLASS. Not sure if it's still current but I got my W4Rs from them with this code from another HeadFier and saved 20% off the normal price.

Well, I typed that already but it expired :-|

Therefore i was using HI5 for 15% discount instead.

Sep 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #7 of 9
Sep 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #8 of 9
Honestly you won't gain much aside from volume off Fiio E6.

Westone 4 is easier to drive than you thought they are. 

I usually just listen them through my audio interface's phone out and directly drive from iPod classic.

never need to push pass 12 o'clock to make my ears bleed.

if you want to benefit from headphone amp(in terms of sound quality instead of volume), you might want to check the other options.
E6 won't do  much for W4 in terms of these.

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Honestly you won't gain much aside from volume off Fiio E6.

Westone 4 is easier to drive than you thought they are. 

I usually just listen them through my audio interface's phone out and directly drive from iPod classic.

never need to push pass 12 o'clock to make my ears bleed.

if you want to benefit from headphone amp(in terms of sound quality instead of volume), you might want to check the other options.
E6 won't do  much for W4 in terms of these.

Hm.. yes, thanks for the sharing here, I'm using Fiio E1 for my Logitech UE700, I couldn't barely notice any improvement at all ?

and now I got Westone W4 I bought Fiio E11 with me to see if there is any improvement yes I can feel it a little bit in terms of gain and soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back