Best way to spend US$550 on an DAC and on an amp
Nov 6, 2012 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Piano man

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, I bought a sennheiser HD600 this week, it will arrive next month, and I am planning to buy an amp and a DAC to pair with the HD600, so, my budget is $550 to the Dac and the amp, and I wanna know the best way t spend that money, if $200 on the DAC and $350 on the amp for example. I was thinking on the Odac by audio poutine and The schiit Lyr, but I didnt find Where to buy the Schiit lyr, What do you guys think?

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Hello guys, I bought a sennheiser HD600 this week, it will arrive next month, and I am planning to buy an amp and a DAC to pair with the HD600, so, my budget is $550 to the Dac and the amp, and I wanna know the best way t spend that money, if $200 on the DAC and $350 on the amp for example. I was thinking on the Odac by audio poutine and The schiit Lyr, but I didnt find Where to buy the Schiit lyr, What do you guys think?

I'd say either go Asgard/HRT MSII+ or Valhalla/HRT MSII

Both should be highly musical with the HD600.  You can always just go DacPort and still get wonderful performance while saving a LOAD of cash.

IMO, the Lyr goes better with the Planar Magnetics vs. the Dynamic headphones, but once again, that's a preference that others may or may not agree on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back