Best value IEM's for 50$ ?
Jul 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:
I'm really interested in the M5's,
What music are you listening to?
Are they good for rock, metal, trance, rap? I like punchy bass but I want to hear something besides wubwubwub, should I get them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, just FYI. I have a  brand new unopened box of these in the for sale section. $28.00 delivered, including the PayPal fees.

Sven

Jul 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #17 of 30
Jul 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Thanks for your reply,
I checked out the chart and basiclly it's not that different from the big comparison thread here at head-fi, as I mentioned before,
I saw alot of good earphones with high score in sound but the thing is that no one says to which types of music the buds fit best.
As i'm new here and at the hi-fi community in general I don't understand terms such as "great mids, lows and highs" and therefore
I don't know how to look at those terms.

I need a 70$ shipped earphones for the music I mentioned before and to fit for the gym and a pair that looks nice.
which one should I take? there's alot to choose from and I get different answers from people.

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #21 of 30
I suggest you look into an IEM called SoundMAGIC E10. I will give you one review to get started.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/581119/review-soundmagic-e10

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #22 of 30
I suggest you look into an IEM called SoundMAGIC E10. I will give you one review to get started.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/581119/review-soundmagic-e10

They actually look great, how good is the bass and the fit to my requirements (type of music, to stay in the ear while I'm at the gym) ?

Plus if it's important I can buy foam tips, I looked it up on eBay and the comply costs like 20$ for 6 pieces of foam... That's insane! There's one Chinese seller that sells foam tips for 3$ shipped, they seem nice, should I get those?

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #23 of 30
They actually look great, how good is the bass and the fit to my requirements (type of music, to stay in the ear while I'm at the gym) ?

Plus if it's important I can buy foam tips, I looked it up on eBay and the comply costs like 20$ for 6 pieces of foam... That's insane! There's one Chinese seller that sells foam tips for 3$ shipped, they seem nice, should I get those?

Yes, E10 will suit your genre's, they're very versatile, especially good for EDM, dubstep because they have a slightly mid centric feel which brings the instruments forward a touch. I've use them for walking without any problems. E10 are rather musical having good pace, rhythm and timing. As the reviewers suggest punching way above their asking price sounding more like an $80 IEM. They were my gateway drug into Head-fi, have a slightly forward low end, however, if you really want to get them pumping add yourself a little $20 FiiO E6 portable amplifier and use the bass boost, they respond well.

You can try foam tips if you want, however they're expensive. I just paid $26 for 5 pairs of foam tips because one my earphones simply does not sound right without them, But again, don't order the foam until you absolutely need them because there are many silicon tips provided in the package and a cool draw string carry case!

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #24 of 30

Yes, E10 will suit your genre's, they're very versatile, especially good for EDM, dubstep because they have a slightly mid centric feel which brings the instruments forward a touch. I've use them for walking without any problems. E10 are rather musical having good pace, rhythm and timing. As the reviewers suggest punching way above their asking price sounding more like an $80 IEM. They were my gateway drug into Head-fi, have a slightly forward low end, however, if you really want to get them pumping add yourself a little $20 FiiO E6 portable amplifier and use the bass boost, they respond well.

You can try foam tips if you want, however they're expensive. I just paid $26 for 5 pairs of foam tips because one my earphones simply does not sound right without them, But again, don't order the foam until you absolutely need them because there are many silicon tips provided in the package and a cool draw string carry case!

Thanks a lot for the huge comment, you really covered it up great.
The problem about the amplifier is that I assume it's not going to be the most comfortable device for the gym (there's a player besides the amp), the bass isn't good without it? I'm not looking for wubwubwub 100% of the time, just to feel the drops in the dubstep and feel a punchy bass when it's there.
As I mentioned before, I saw this one seller on eBay that sells generic foam tips that look pretty good for like 3$ shipped, should I get them?

Thanks mate, you helped me a lot!

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #25 of 30
The problem about the amplifier is that I assume it's not going to be the most comfortable device for the gym (there's a player besides the amp), the bass isn't good without it? I'm not looking for wubwubwub 100% of the time, just to feel the drops in the dubstep and feel a punchy bass when it's there.
As I mentioned before, I saw this one seller on eBay that sells generic foam tips that look pretty good for like 3$ shipped, should I get them?

The bass is fine without an amp, I wouldn't be too concerned, you can always install one of the EQ apps if you want to lift the low end, though do not worry they're already a little bass forward and will achieve what you're requesting. The tips you're looking at I assume are the same as the 3rd party foam tips other have been using. Give them a try.

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #26 of 30

The bass is fine without an amp, I wouldn't be too concerned, you can always install one of the EQ apps if you want to lift the low end, though do not worry they're already a little bass forward and will achieve what you're requesting. The tips you're looking at I assume are the same as the 3rd party foam tips other have been using. Give them a try.

One last question before I'm ordering, in your previous massage you said that they're good for EDM and dubstep and that they are versatile, they fit good for metal, rock, rap and trance (I think that trance is EDM)?
Also, do you think the soundmagic E10 as the best I can get at my price range?

Mp4nation is a good place to buy them?

Sorry if I asked to much, that's my first time purchasing normal IEM's and I want to get everything covered before I order.

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #27 of 30
One last question before I'm ordering, in your previous massage you said that they're good for EDM and dubstep and that they are versatile, they fit good for metal, rock, rap and trance (I think that trance is EDM)?
Also, do you think the soundmagic E10 as the best I can get at my price range?

Mp4nation is a good place to buy them?

Sorry if I asked to much, that's my first time purchasing normal IEM's and I want to get everything covered before I order.

That's fine I understand, The reason I recommended E10 was because of their versatility meaning (having many abilities, suiting a wide variety of genres) they will indeed do rock and metal just fine and pretty much any genre you throw at them. I was actually listening to mine this evening after our conversation and I still highly recommend the E10 because it has a little piece of everything. clarity, separation, soundstage, detail, it really is a nice safe choice for you. I cannot tell you if something else out there will be better but I can say with confidence E10 is a good choice going off what you have supplied us with.

You can buy them on eBay, there are no fake SoundMAGIC I have hard of yet, though MP4nation is a safe choice. :)

Goodluck!

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:
I'm really interested in the M5's,
What music are you listening to?
Are they good for rock, metal, trance, rap? I like punchy bass but I want to hear something besides wubwubwub, should I get them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I listen to Rock, Folk, Metal, Blues and Hip Hop. The sound is warm, sweet and fun as the bass doesn't drown out the mids or highs. 

edit: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-288-iems-compared-ultimate-ears-600-600vi-added-07-05-13-p-725  review thread to help you get an idea of what each iem is like. 

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #30 of 30
I got to say jvc fxz40 is fabulous for $20, pairs nicely with the clip. But the vsd1 as mentioned above is by far the best sound under $40. If willing to go up to$60 or 70, the carbo basso is very addicting and excellent bass punch. Vsd1 are the more balanced and technical, but basso are excellent for gym use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back