Best value IEM's for 50$ ?
Jul 6, 2013 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Mrx1

New Head-Fier
hi,
i recently signed up to the site after a while that I was going through the threads here, great forum.
anyway, i'm looking for a pair of an IEM's, i'm going to use it most of the time at the gym but for other places too, so it's important for them to stay in the ear well.
i'm listening to metal, rock, dubstep and electronic music. bass is important, i'm not saying that I look for 100% bass IEM, but I want to feel it.

will be using them with Sansa Clip+.

what would fit the most for my requirments?
*I looked up the big IEM review but there is a huge variety, so i don't know which one to pick up
rolleyes.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #6 of 30
Vsonic GR06 is mainly focused on mids (The mids are fantastic on the Vsonic GR06). You can still feel the bass aswell and treble is decent. However the build quality might is kinda bad but it might be different for you. My Vsonic GR06 broke 2 times within a year and it was because of driver failure so I couldn't have done anything to prevent it. You should check out the Brainwavz/Visang M2.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:
Vsonic GR06 is mainly focused on mids (The mids are fantastic on the Vsonic GR06). You can still feel the bass aswell and treble is decent. However the build quality might is kinda bad but it might be different for you. My Vsonic GR06 broke 2 times within a year and it was because of driver failure so I couldn't have done anything to prevent it. You should check out the Brainwavz/Visang M2.

The M2's are better for the kind of music I stated before?

Are there any more options? I just want to have a variety off options from whom I will be able to choose.

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #11 of 30
Don't get the CX300, they're very overpriced and the chance that you might get a fake pair of them is high. The sound on the genuine CX300 is pretty mediocre aswell, heavily colored, booming bass, hollow sound, okay clarity, ...

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:
Don't get the CX300, they're very overpriced and the chance that you might get a fake pair of them is high. The sound on the genuine CX300 is pretty mediocre aswell, heavily colored, booming bass, hollow sound, okay clarity, ...

Yes but it will give the sound preferences the op want, if op want under 100 of course it will be different

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #13 of 30
I've had a few iem's in this price bracket. Brainwavz M1 and M5, MeElectric ceramics (forget model number), sony xba-1's, a few other random iems as well.

My favorite < $50 iem is the Brainwavz M5. They are built well, fun sounding with plenty of bass. The bass is also aided by comply tips, a nice extra included with the M5's. 

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #14 of 30
The Yuin PK3 is traditional earbuds, not an IEM.

The Sennheiser MX300 is not worth the price. The CX300II is said to be very similar. I have the CX300 and don't use it much anymore.

In the under $25 range I like the Panasonic RPHJE450, JVC HAFX40 and Panasonic RPHJE355. Imo all these are better than the CX300 and cheaper. I use these with my Clip+ and Clip Zip. The HAFX40 has the most detail, however it is quite bright. It needs plenty of burn in. Let it play 24 hours a day slightly loud for a week before using it. It also has good bass. I am starting to get more used to the Sony MDR-EX210. It has 13.5mm drivers and strong bass. Sony describes it sound as rich. I describe it as thick and slow. It is quite pleasant to listen to, but compared to the others I mentioned it seems to be missing detail. It does have a very laid back smoothness to it. I guess I am getting used to it.

I like the fit and the comfort of the very ergonomically shaped Panasonic RP-HJE450. It has 12.5 mm drivers, nice bass slam and good detail, but not as much detail as the HAFX40 or HJE355. It is the IEM that I use the most. It is ported though, so isolation isn't so great.

The HJE355 has less overall detail than the HAFX40, however the HJE355 seems to have a much better midrange and is slightly warm. The HAFX40 is very bright and has a U shaped response.

Jul 8, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #15 of 30
I've had a few iem's in this price bracket. Brainwavz M1 and M5, MeElectric ceramics (forget model number), sony xba-1's, a few other random iems as well.

My favorite < $50 iem is the Brainwavz M5. They are built well, fun sounding with plenty of bass. The bass is also aided by comply tips, a nice extra included with the M5's. 

I'm really interested in the M5's,
What music are you listening to?
Are they good for rock, metal, trance, rap? I like punchy bass but I want to hear something besides wubwubwub, should I get them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back