BEST SUB-500$ DAP (Digital Audio Player)-Reviews, Impressions, Reference List
Feb 27, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #31 of 144
Wanted to snag a ZX300A but Joybuy does not ship it to Portugal. At the moment I can get an OPUS #1 for $299 or a Hiby R6 for $399. To pair with the Sony XBA-N3AP IEMs which of these two would you take?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #32 of 144
Wanted to snag a ZX300A but Joybuy does not ship it to Portugal. At the moment I can get an OPUS #1 for $299 or a Hiby R6 for $399. To pair with the Sony XBA-N3AP IEMs which of these two would you take?
Never heard the R6 but have the Opus1 and love it, never had an issue and have had it for 2 years.

Feb 28, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #33 of 144
The R6 is a good dap but does not play well with sensitive headphones due to the high output impedance. My Andromeda did not sound good on the R6.

Mar 4, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #34 of 144
Bit late with this thread, and the fact I have just ordered s Xduoo X3. Great price from Ebay UK....brand new.. . I don't do the rock box stuff, so hopefully even through it's old tech....it will be good.
I only have a few Sony fixed memory players, couple of Sansa clips, hommie j2.and Agotek imps.....And I just drag and drop my CD from lap top , windows media...

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #35 of 144
Must admit I wait since one big month the very exciting ZIKU HK-X9!! Anyone try it on headfi or what?

As a very big fan of Xduoo X3 first gen that have a cirrus logic CS4398 dac hide in its belly wich is the very same dac that TOTL old Colorfly C4 Pro have (yeah, its an oldies but I follow DAP world since alot of time), i became utterly obsess about this X9 player that have same dac...for a crazy 45$ price...as well, it suppose to have usb-otg dac! After some research, I fall on russian forum that praise it and all Aliexpress feedback was quite good too...so, now, i'm more than impatient and confirm (or not) if the underground hype is justify.
curious to your impressions. i was eyeing the ziku hd-x10 (follow-up to the 9? also CS4398) but apparently it has an SNR of just 98dB (http://bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55746731.html) which has me hesitating...

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #36 of 144
also i know you kicked the fiio x5iii off the list but how about the x5ii? got a second hand one a little while back out of curiosity to its PCM1792 dac, and I'm totally addicted to it. not a lot of DAPs around with that chip it seems, which makes it a notable entry for the Burr-Brown-curious. pretty functional non-android firmware, too...

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #37 of 144
Bit late with this thread, and the fact I have just ordered s Xduoo X3. Great price from Ebay UK....brand new.. . I don't do the rock box stuff, so hopefully even through it's old tech....it will be good.
I only have a few Sony fixed memory players, couple of Sansa clips, hommie j2.and Agotek imps.....And I just drag and drop my CD from lap top , windows media...
X3 FIRST gen????

Mar 4, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #38 of 144
curious to your impressions. i was eyeing the ziku hd-x10 (follow-up to the 9? also CS4398) but apparently it has an SNR of just 98dB (http://bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55746731.html) which has me hesitating...

I'm still waiting....it will drive me crazy....it make near 6 months Im eying it, asking all headfier if their any that have listen to it....no answer....so i spy russian forum...and aliexpress feedback....wich are very positive. SO, yeah, i think I will have receive it in next 2 weeks. Will share LOT of impressions because I have BIG hope....but not about amping section! I really buy this for ultra portability, battery life and USB or OTG DAC (the Xduoo X3 cannot be use as usb dac). But i dont plan using it with anything but easily drivable IEM or earbuds. So, for headphones or any demanding iem or earbuds I think perhaps its not a good choice....the new X10 is surely more powerfull, and it have line out for portable amp anyway, as well, changeable OPamp is really nice.

And about the FIIO X5ii, that sure a nice vintage high end DAC, and perhaps a good buy....especially used....but at 400$ new im not sure. but let me think about it a little, cause yeah, unique dac implementation is a big plus...how would you describe the sound???

Mar 4, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #39 of 144
what do you guys think of acoustic research ar-m20? its older but i just recently got it and think the sound quality is really good but i dont have much for comparison. I've purchased the ifi earbuddy for iems and it surpress all the hums and electrical noises and its powerful enough to use with hd6xx .

Mar 4, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #40 of 144
what do you guys think of acoustic research ar-m20? its older but i just recently got it and think the sound quality is really good but i dont have much for comparison. I've purchased the ifi earbuddy for iems and it surpress all the hums and electrical noises and its powerful enough to use with hd6xx .
I'm curious about this as well. The form factor looks great. It doesn't not get talked about much on these forums.

Mar 4, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #41 of 144

I have only heard the M2 and really liked the sound. Here is a Thread about the M2 and M20 on Head Fi...

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #44 of 144
I think the OP is asking for our opinions, not making an inclusive list. Is your recommendation the m9?
in the price below 300 eu/dollar i recomend it of course to the list. Perhaps best value dap in this price. Don't see more alternatives when looking at the features it has, also good balanced sound. Of course m6 is good alternative costing less but not with such mature sound.

Mar 5, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #45 of 144
in the price below 300 eu/dollar i recomend it of course to the list. Perhaps best value dap in this price. Don't see more alternatives when looking at the features it has, also good balanced sound. Of course m6 is good alternative costing less but not with such mature sound.
The list is in constant construction, and I encourage sharing impressions here too, about the features...I read conflictual toughs about M9 but 300$ is sure a great budget price for this much features...i'm not a big fan of AK4490 dac because I feel its too soft in treble but never try dual AK4490 DAP. if this player have complete black bakground noisefloor and good battery life, it should be in the list its true. 2.5mm balanced is nice too.

I read its not really powerfull about amping...is it true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back