CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 19, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #14,296 of 31,833
Just got my EZAudio D4. Totally unimpressed, I don't see what the hype is all about, they definitely don't punch above the $10 mark. I also got the AR-3001 on this order and found them to be better by a fair margin, Weird how some IEMs are picked to be hyped and others fly under the radar.

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #14,297 of 31,833
Just got my EZAudio D4. Totally unimpressed, I don't see what the hype is all about, they definitely don't punch above the $10 mark. I also got the AR-3001 on this order and found them to be better by a fair margin, Weird how some IEMs are picked to be hyped and others fly under the radar.

The D4 are excellent and definitely offer a very impressive performance for what they cost IMO. Maybe you just don't like their sound signature?

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #14,298 of 31,833
I just really need a chifi IEM with Sony XB90EX capabilities. Can somebody please get on that?

TFZ Series 5S or iBasso IT01 fit the bill nicely. I prefer either to the Sony, even.

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #14,299 of 31,833

I guess it’s all relative.

To someone who doesn’t know any better, it could be “good”. We all gotta start somewhere.

There was a time when I thought the Zircon and VJJB V1 were good. I just didn’t know any better because I didn’t have better gear to compare.

Plus cost is relative. If your budget is <$10, your options are a lot more limited than if your budget is $300.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #14,300 of 31,833
To someone who doesn’t know any better, it could be “good”. We all gotta start somewhere.

LOL dude, as if those who hype them were absolute beginners with nothing else to compare them to...

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #14,301 of 31,833
I want pictures of the mystery IEM! Spoil me please!:beyersmile:

Here you go.. :)

(you won't resist clicking @mbwilson111 !! haha)

EP10_1.jpg
EP10_2.jpg

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #14,302 of 31,833
LOL dude, as if those who hype them were absolute beginners with nothing else to compare them to...

I was one who hyped it and I still think the clarity and control is way better than I expect from a $10 product. Having said that it is entirely possible that you got a pair with a QC issue (At the <$10 mark, that is not entirely unexpected), it doesn't get along well with your gear (there are so many possible combinations that no-one can test all of them and some are always better than others), or it just plain isn't a signature you care for and regardless of how well it performs, it isn't going to be something you enjoy because of that. I have the AR-3001 as well and found them totally pedestrian so we obviously value some traits with more or less weight than what our counterpart does. I don't think that makes you wrong, just different. You might try using that approach instead of implying those of us that like the D4 are stupid.

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #14,303 of 31,833

I resisted! Mine is in the country now.

I had to try several different tips before I was happy with them.

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #14,305 of 31,833
I was one who hyped it and I still think the clarity and control is way better than I expect from a $10 product. Having said that it is entirely possible that you got a pair with a QC issue (At the <$10 mark, that is not entirely unexpected), it doesn't get along well with your gear (there are so many possible combinations that no-one can test all of them and some are always better than others), or it just plain isn't a signature you care for and regardless of how well it performs, it isn't going to be something you enjoy because of that. I have the AR-3001 as well and found them totally pedestrian so we obviously value some traits with more or less weight than what our counterpart does. I don't think that makes you wrong, just different. You might try using that approach instead of implying those of us that like the D4 are stupid.

I'm not the one who don't like them, I also think they are excellent and punch way above their price.

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #14,306 of 31,833

Are those shells metal? Or just shiny plastic?

Beautiful! And unique looking. Definitely a head turner, and I’m looking forward to getting mine!

Yeah Fukushima!

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #14,307 of 31,833
I'm not the one who don't like them, I also think they are excellent and punch way above their price.

Sorry, replied to one post too far down the chain. it as @HerrXRDS that stated that. My mistake.

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #14,308 of 31,833

Beautiful!

I believe it was described as metal on the ali page. Hope to have mine soon...then I will open the spoiler. Also trying to not read about them.

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #14,309 of 31,833

Beautiful!
Metal shells :)
They looks like earbuds but it's real IEM, I agree they looks very nice look (especially for the price) even if they are a bit heavy but feels comfortable and lightweight once in ears :)

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #14,310 of 31,833
I believe it was described as metal on the ali page. Hope to have mine soon...then I will open the spoiler. Also trying to not read about them.

Sorry. Just ignore what I said.

How’s this: They look very ugly and have a face only a mother could love. Definitely not made of metal. Nothing to see here; move along.

Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back