CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 17, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #14,236 of 31,832
Coming back to the HiFi Walker A7. I managed to get a second pair but unfortunately it isn't as good as the first one! The first one is more balanced, vocals and trebles are fab but the second pair is more boomy and that makes vocals less nice. Trebles don't extend so nicely either. I have tested it with the same source, cable, songs and tips. Even did the same burn in . Was wondering if anyone else has got similar experience or i simply got a bad one.

I got a second pair when they were under £10 and they sound identical to me.

Nov 17, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #14,237 of 31,832
NiceHCK's fukubukuro is now priced at US $26.53 - 27.87, and they have like 5000 pieces available now. They must be confident with the product to have that amount of stock. If it turned out to be great, I'll regret not ordering few of them.

And it seems that someone already received theirs, well, at least already rated it in the store.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #14,238 of 31,832
Banned sellers started selling Y****o EP1. Looks identical to NiceHCK EP35. Rebrand or knockoff?

HTB1AgUUXJfvK1RjSspoq6zfNpXa3.jpg

Edit: looking at the spec, this not a rebrand. These have 12mm DD, while EP35 use 13.5mm DD. So, the usual chi-fi shell reuse.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #14,240 of 31,832
budget audio.png
Hi all;
So many pages about China IEM and budget IEM; cannot finish all;

did anybody post this before?
Found this KZ model sound signature, left hand side is bass, right hand side is the hi-freq.

Is this accurate?

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #14,243 of 31,832
I was about to pull the trigger on Hifi Walker A7 but now seen rave opinions on KZ ZSN I am having second thoughts on which one to get.
Have to get either one as I am also getting BQEYZ BQ3.
A7 or ZSN??? who could give a little comparo? thanks

I am probably the only one here who sent the A7 back to Amazon. It just didn't do it for me. I probably could have tried harder to find the right tips and I have since listened to my husband's A7 because he was able to take advantage of the £10 deal. I did get a seal this time but I definitely prefer the ZSN. I think the ZSN should be a nice compliment to your BQ3

Edit. I bought my A7 when it was £28.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #14,244 of 31,832
I was about to pull the trigger on Hifi Walker A7 but now seen rave opinions on KZ ZSN I am having second thoughts on which one to get.
I have both, and while the A7 is nice, I also prefer the ZSN. ZSN has better bass response. The A7's treble is very forward and offers good detail, but it also can get a bit fatiguing for me after a while. Also the ZSN is more comfortable. A7 has a nice case and accessories, but IMO the ZSN is just the better IEM and a phenomenal bargain.

Nov 17, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #14,246 of 31,832
The A7's treble is very forward and offers good detail, but it also can get a bit fatiguing for me after a while

That is actually the reason I returned the A7. I did not listen for long but I was starting to get fatigued and just wanted to put back in the iems I had been listening to earlier. This was a few weeks ago so no ZSN yet at that time.

@mbwilson111 and @jibberish, thaks for the recommendations. ZSN is the one. Now, which color looks more elegant?

Depends on what you like. I have the silver/purple because I love purple. I am going to order a black/cyan as a backup. My husband has the black/black on the way. So, at some point I could photograph them all together.

Nov 17, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #14,247 of 31,832
Nov 17, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #14,249 of 31,832

Given that the ZSN is almost half the cost, I’d definitely choose the ZSN over the A7.

Pros of the A7:
Mmcx
Nice Carry case
Smaller shell, rounded = more comfort
More prominent treble (may or may not be a good thing depending on your treble tolerance)

Pros of the ZSN:
Better bass
Nicer shell - better plastic and nice metal
Purple/silver has nicer cable than the A7 cable
More balanced sound
Cheaper price

Nov 17, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #14,250 of 31,832
Purple/silver has nicer cable than the A7 cable

I forgot about that. I was surprised that the A7 cable was not as flexible as it looked in photos. It was ok though. The metal shells are gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back