CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 20, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #13,232 of 31,833
I put the A7 in my Amazon wish list after you mentioned them yesterday. I am going to watch and see if they do a lightning deal. They have done so with the HiFi Walker A1.... I managed to pick that up for £19.99 a while back. Most recently it was £24.99... still a good savings. I am not yet done the recommended mod on mine...enjoying them as they are for now.

These are now 25% off and I just bagged a pair for £22.42 which seems like a good deal for a triple driver with 2 cables.

Go on you know want them!

Sep 20, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #13,233 of 31,833
These are now 25% off and I just bagged a pair for £22.42 which seems like a good deal for a triple driver with 2 cables.

Go on you know want them!

Let us know what you think of them. That 25% is good for a couple of weeks still. Are you sure it has two cables? I don't see that.

Meanwhile I am really enjoying some other iems plus my buds plus it is cool enough now for headphones:) I have a TFZ Exclusive 3 on the way and an Auglamour F200 also:)

Sep 20, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #13,234 of 31,833
Let us know what you think of them. That 25% is good for a couple of weeks still. Are you sure it has two cables? I don't see that.

Meanwhile I am really enjoying some other iems plus my buds plus it is cool enough now for headphones:) I have a TFZ Exclusive 3 on the way and an Auglamour F200 also:)

Apologies, it's the plus version that had the upgrade cable included. That one's about £7 more.

Sep 20, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #13,235 of 31,833
Apologies, it's the plus version that had the upgrade cable included. That one's about £7 more.

I wondered why there was a more expensive one called the plus version... I did not open that link because it was more expensive but if someone wanted the extra cable 7 extra pound is not bad.

Sep 20, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #13,236 of 31,833
I got TRN V80's today and someofthebannedones a few days ago. I had GREAT expectations on both, but even more on the TRN after so many positive reviews. Here are my impressions, which are going to be hard to write as English isn't my mother tongue and, on top of that, my audiophile knowledge is very limited.

So I liked the bannedones, I was very impressed (and I hope this is not against the rules as I'm not actually sharing brand/model). Three drivers, a bit of sibilance on the highs, very..... "normal" let's say in some songs, IMPRESSIVE in others, like songs with lots of stuff going on. I listened to Devin Townsend's Deadhead and it was like a new experience. Maybe I am/was being just being fooled by my own mind, but sometimes I could feel the song "shifting" in the drivers. I liked them more than the RHA ma750, which are way more expensive, but I always had the doubt in my mind that I could be liking them more because they were new.

Then today I got the TRN V80 and, hey, they are good, the price/quality is great! Yet I feel very disappointment, I did not like the highs at all. Bass is fine, mids are great, but the treble just ruins it. As I said, I lack the actual knowledge both in the language and the topic to really explain, but I would say that the treble just didn't feel natural to me and ruined most songs. It's a real pity, as they feel far more confortable than the banned ones, as they are tinier, have better shape and fit better in my ears... The cable is FAR superior, not talking about the actual sound quality (as I didn't compare cross-cable), but it actually feels good, sturdy, quality made, while the banned ones' cable feels weak, ready to break in any second, like a toy in comparison.

I might be one of the few who is just not fit by them or the music I listen to, or maybe my expectations were too high. I think I might sell them or just give them to my flatmate as he is always carrying some ugly cheap earbuds.

Probably I will try some more models, as I actually loved the experience of having gear to try and I didn't spend much money (around 60 euros for both models). Is there any good recommendations? If you had a similar feel to me and taste in music (metal :D), that would be great, but I'm always open to suggestions :)

Sep 20, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #13,237 of 31,833
I assume thats a bluetooth cable?
Yes, it is. What's good about this IMO is its a standard 2-pin so you can use it with other IEMs or alternatively you can use the Z1 wired with a regular cable.
I got TRN V80's today and someofthebannedones a few days ago. I had GREAT expectations on both, but even more on the TRN after so many positive reviews. Here are my impressions, which are going to be hard to write as English isn't my mother tongue and, on top of that, my audiophile knowledge is very limited.

So I liked the bannedones, I was very impressed (and I hope this is not against the rules as I'm not actually sharing brand/model). Three drivers, a bit of sibilance on the highs, very..... "normal" let's say in some songs, IMPRESSIVE in others, like songs with lots of stuff going on. I listened to Devin Townsend's Deadhead and it was like a new experience. Maybe I am/was being just being fooled by my own mind, but sometimes I could feel the song "shifting" in the drivers. I liked them more than the RHA ma750, which are way more expensive, but I always had the doubt in my mind that I could be liking them more because they were new.

Then today I got the TRN V80 and, hey, they are good, the price/quality is great! Yet I feel very disappointment, I did not like the highs at all. Bass is fine, mids are great, but the treble just ruins it. As I said, I lack the actual knowledge both in the language and the topic to really explain, but I would say that the treble just didn't feel natural to me and ruined most songs. It's a real pity, as they feel far more confortable than the banned ones, as they are tinier, have better shape and fit better in my ears... The cable is FAR superior, not talking about the actual sound quality (as I didn't compare cross-cable), but it actually feels good, sturdy, quality made, while the banned ones' cable feels weak, ready to break in any second, like a toy in comparison.

I might be one of the few who is just not fit by them or the music I listen to, or maybe my expectations were too high. I think I might sell them or just give them to my flatmate as he is always carrying some ugly cheap earbuds.

Probably I will try some more models, as I actually loved the experience of having gear to try and I didn't spend much money (around 60 euros for both models). Is there any good recommendations? If you had a similar feel to me and taste in music (metal :D), that would be great, but I'm always open to suggestions :)
RX8 would love to tell you more but...

Sep 20, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #13,238 of 31,833
Yes, it is. What's good about this IMO is its a standard 2-pin so you can use it with other IEMs or alternatively you can use the Z1 wired with a regular cable.

RX8 would love to tell you more but...

should be ok if it was not done in collaboration with that other company...

Sep 20, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #13,239 of 31,833
Can someone give me iem recommendations for edm, dance, deep house, and hip hop. I like deep, authoritative clean bass, clear Liquid mids, clear, rounded highs not sharp highs. Dont like aggressive, or bright sounding iem. I guess I like darker, sweet, smoother sound. I'd like recommendations in the 25.00 range, 50.00 range and 100.00 range. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #13,240 of 31,833
Sep 20, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #13,241 of 31,833
42189070_1913745685385492_7181554909437755392_n.jpg

Got these for under a hundred bucks ... still an amazing earphone for me :D

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #13,242 of 31,833
Thanks to Asymptote123 :thumbsup:

I was able to gather some links from "eBay" for those that are interested on picking up a pair of awesome sounding QCY QM05. There's a drop-down box where you can choose your shipping destination. You can choose between Black, Red, and White.

Links...
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/QCY-QM05-3-5mm-Wired-Gaming-Music-HiFi-Bass-In-ear-Earphones-with-Microphone/173363233915?hash=item285d41047b:m:m9x5MOGtlPW2pXK5vMVXydQ&var=472072134479

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/QCY-QM05-3-5mm-Wired-Gaming-Music-HiFi-Bass-In-ear-Earphones-with-Mic-for-iPhone/282980560719?hash=item41e2f4af4f:m:m9x5MOGtlPW2pXK5vMVXydQ&var=583189341497
Quick review and rating, click on my post:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1212#post-14489820 :point_left:

TB2DsO3fN6I8KJjy0FgXXXXzVXa_1614046036.jpg

-Clear

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back