CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 22, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #12,002 of 31,833
Jul 22, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #12,004 of 31,833
For the discussion above: if you have large ears just go with the ninetails - although it looks alien it will fit flush. For smaller ears think twice.
Go wide bore tips - because of the 90 degrees assembly design the sound tube might point towards your ear wall and miss bass. Once you go wide everything will fully reveal.
This hidden treasure can go from mid centric signature to slightly u-shaped via its filters additionally tuned by tip rolling.
@crabdog review its spot on really and says it all (at least for me it does).
About bass concerns - it has good extension and it's very well nuanced. Again, for me the review is perfect. The man said it - one of the best choices (if not the best) up to 150. Not to mention the versatility.

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #12,005 of 31,833
For the discussion above: if you have large ears just go with the ninetails - although it looks alien it will fit flush. For smaller ears think twice.
Go wide bore tips - because of the 90 degrees assembly design the sound tube might point towards your ear wall and miss bass. Once you go wide everything will fully reveal.
This hidden treasure can go from mid centric signature to slightly u-shaped via its filters additionally tuned by tip rolling.
@crabdog review its spot on really and says it all (at least for me it does).
About bass concerns - it has good extension and it's very well nuanced. Again, for me the review is perfect. The man said it - one of the best choices (if not the best) up to 150. Not to mention the versatility.
Amazing, absolutely appreciate it. Could you compare it to the it01 if you've ever tried them? I'm looking for in between average and bass head amount of bass that don't bleed into the mids. Thick vocals that's detailed, forward enough and tonally accurate. Highs that have great extension, detail, separation and clarity. Could you please confirm if this iem ticks all these boxes?

Jul 22, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #12,006 of 31,833
Amazing, absolutely appreciate it. Could you compare it to the it01 if you've ever tried them? I'm looking for in between average and bass head amount of bass that don't bleed into the mids. Thick vocals that's detailed, forward enough and tonally accurate. Highs that have great extension, detail, separation and clarity. Could you please confirm if this iem ticks all these boxes?

Buddy, everything is relative, more in audio. I just wanted to reiterate that the 9tail is great for me as well. It might suck for you for a number of reasons but the few that have it praise it.

It01 - I don't have it.

Bass is tunable via filters, from shy to big. Basshead level - no. Quality wise - excellent texture and great extension.
Bleed - undetectable by me.
Thick vocals - I'd say no. Fair, transparent, detailed, forward (via filters) - hell yes.
Treble extended and detailed - yes. You can add more energy to it via filters or tips.

Again - this is IMO but just wanted to confirm the findings of those more experienced than me.

Jul 22, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #12,007 of 31,833
Buddy, everything is relative, more in audio. I just wanted to reiterate that the 9tail is great for me as well. It might suck for you for a number of reasons but the few that have it praise it.

It01 - I don't have it.

Bass is tunable via filters, from shy to big. Basshead level - no. Quality wise - excellent texture and great extension.
Bleed - undetectable by me.
Thick vocals - I'd say no. Fair, transparent, detailed, forward (via filters) - hell yes.
Treble extended and detailed - yes. You can add more energy to it via filters or tips.

Again - this is IMO but just wanted to confirm the findings of those more experienced than me.
Really appreciate it man, this really helps as I like taking alot of opinions and reviews before buying anything. Just last thing I want to ask is that, can I tune these in a such a way that is has plenty of bass (not bass head standards), good vocal presence, and soft enough highs that have good extension, detail and separation. In other words I dont mind taking a bit of a bit in the highs, but want really good bass and midrange performance.

Jul 22, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #12,008 of 31,833

Buddy, everything is relative, more in audio.

Agreed.

We aren’t mind readers, nor can we be expected to be. We can only get you close in the ballpark.

We all hear differently. If you want to know if you’ll like an IEM, try it and see. If you don’t like it, send it back or sell it. Buy it from Amazon; they’ll accept it back if you don’t want it. Or demo it from a local audio store or another local HF member.

The only person that knows if something is going to be absolutely perfect for you, is yourself.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #12,009 of 31,833
Really appreciate it man, this really helps as I like taking alot of opinions and reviews before buying anything. Just last thing I want to ask is that, can I tune these in a such a way that is has plenty of bass (not bass head standards), good vocal presence, and soft enough highs that have good extension, detail and separation. In other words I dont mind taking a bit of a bit in the highs, but want really good bass and midrange performance.
I can 100% recommend the nine tail to you based on what you're asking for. I've also never seen them for sale at that price, so that helps mitigate the risk to an extent. I have not yet read of someone not finding them good value even at their normal asking price. I fully believe if you find them comfortable and get a good fit, that you would be pleased with the sonics based and your requests.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #12,012 of 31,833
Agreed.

We aren’t mind readers, nor can we be expected to be. We can only get you close in the ballpark.

We all hear differently. If you want to know if you’ll like an IEM, try it and see. If you don’t like it, send it back or sell it. Buy it from Amazon; they’ll accept it back if you don’t want it. Or demo it from a local audio store or another local HF member.

The only person that knows if something is going to be absolutely perfect for you, is yourself.
That's true, it would be stupid to ask someone if your going to like something. However, theres nothing wrong in giving someone your preferred signature and asking them if that particular iem will suit to what your looking for. That's why people ask alot of objective questions that help them come to there final decision.

Jul 22, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #12,014 of 31,833
I can 100% recommend the nine tail to you based on what you're asking for. I've also never seen them for sale at that price, so that helps mitigate the risk to an extent. I have not yet read of someone not finding them good value even at their normal asking price. I fully believe if you find them comfortable and get a good fit, that you would be pleased with the sonics based and your requests.
Thanks ever so much, will be buying these most definitely!

Jul 22, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #12,015 of 31,833
at's why people ask alot of objective questions that help them come to there final decision.

It is not that objective though. People have different ear anatomy for one thing.

Sorry if I missed it, but have you said what type of music you listen to? Favorite albums or artists?

What other gear do you have? Your profile list is empty...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back