CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 21, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #9,541 of 31,833
@dhruvmeena96 just curious, have you tried the Japanese IEMs like the Tenore, Final Audio E2000, or the Earnine EN120? If so, how do you compare the Rose North Forest to them?

I'm contemplating on buying it.. If only it has detachable connector..I'd buy the Rose in an instant

Reviewed it

And I stopped comparing balanced armature directly to dynamic..

Better than e2000(a little engaging and image better)
Tenore not in competition
En120 is bass light, way bass light and armature bass is what I hate, distortion sounding like texture

Apr 21, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #9,543 of 31,833
Received

Rose north forest.....

That's my review up there......
No words to define this piece of hardware

And no burn needed

Used symbio tips to seal
No fans, only silent AC running.

Phantom bass test: Pass

This seriously takes away Rose aurora, zhiyin z5000, KZ zsr in bass response.

Bass: not over exaggerated bass like the above iem, but these extends way deep for a small iem..waaayyy deep

Mid Bass: touch warmer and clear

Mids: clear and in check( Hifiman re800 style mids). Smooth and not over defined. They have their separate place and are fantastic.

Upper Mids: smoothness going on and on. Upper mids do justice to male and females vocal.

Treble: airy...airy...airy and airy. No end to air. Cymbal are a bit tingy sharp but its okay and no where to a level of high order sibilance.

Well a consumer iem tuned with perfection with loads of extension and dB in check.

And these don't sound anywhere like chi fi. Its sounds like Japanese tuning( EX1000 + MDR 7550 + MDR XB90ex and then putting all freq in check).

But it can't resolve that crazy like my super expensive collection.

It just takes on Hifiman re600 with a specific lead...

Hifiman re400 with bass boost and extension and hifiman re600 treble turned airy instead of smooth.

Turning a neutral iem into U shape.

Well

Pace: in pace and speedy
Rhythm: no colouration
Timing: a little slower than shure 846

Attack: only mid Bass attack and it slams like pure dynamic

Soundstage: Holographic

Image: a little less imaged I guess, but I can live with it

Rose nailed it.

@HungryPanda can share some more info about his experience
Damn you! This never stops! Placed my order! :D

Apr 21, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #9,546 of 31,833
Get from penonaudio for godsake

haha, I like buying stuff from different sites, testing how well they manage my orders and get them shipped to my country.

granted, I buy a mixture of motorcycle, tennis, LED lights and also PC stuff along with audio things, so its quite a hard test to manage.

Apr 21, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #9,547 of 31,833
haha, I like buying stuff from different sites, testing how well they manage my orders and get them shipped to my country.

granted, I buy a mixture of motorcycle, tennis, LED lights and also PC stuff along with audio things, so its quite a hard test to manage.
One of my friend once added electrically assisted twincharger on his Yamaha r1..

And it blew up.

Just joking

Apr 21, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #9,548 of 31,833
I didn't know those nozzle-less tips were avilable in different sizes (I call those style of tips 'marshmallow tips'). I thought it was a 1 size-only thing.

Do you have a link to the size S marshmallow tips?
Interestingly they offer the M and L in 10 pair quantities instead for $2.99 but these were 5 pair quantity for $1.99. You get double the amount because its 5 pair of (what I thought at the time were) amazingly super wide bore silicone and 5 pair of the nozzle-less marshmallow styles. I was making some initial purchases for additional tips for tip-rolling so I was looking for best bang for the buck items. So I got all 3 sizes. The 10 packs came in a black IEM case (the inexpensive hard style zipper case that sells for a buck or so) and had a mixture of sizes inside with the ordered size being the predominant size but not exclusively for the silicone tip. The marshmallow ones were just the ordered size. So for my $3 I ended up with a case, 10 pair of marshmallow and about a dozen or so pairs of silicone tips. A great deal for my starting ear tip collection.

I think they may offer just the marshmallow style alone but I seem to remember it was at a silly price of 5 pair for $1.99 which for the small means paying the same and not getting the silicone in addition and for the M and L sizes meant doubling the amount for a buck more and getting an equal amount of silicone tips too so you can understand why I didn't pay much attention to those listings.

The wide bore are pretty much a match to the KZ or Tennmak Whirlwind bore but without the extra silicone fingers cause the Whirlwind appearance. I was using these for the wide open nozzle design before I think you suggested trying the KZ Whirlwind. I prefer the extra secure feeling from the Whirlwind but sonically these sound really close.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...s-Eartips-for-in-ear/1186129_32791430824.html

Apr 21, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #9,549 of 31,833
One of my friend once added electrically assisted twincharger on his Yamaha r1..

And it blew up.

Just joking

haha, blowing pistons by jamming turbo/superchargers on a bike is par for the course when you're modding them (though I usually mod single cylinders with carbies since its cheaper)

that said, I ordered the Rose North from a more reliable seller since I'd be busy with other stuff soon and can't be bothered to manage troublesome logistic problems if any arises.

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #9,550 of 31,833
**** PT15 new batch (2018)

icpslD60S96_lpxa5ErtCT5eEIjPrVO2F1LWztI_MA-dVqoy3RdSXeiHcTqwi7m-bpWmpSy2n-ydEKc6i5hWZj6oKCIilH4luqs

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #9,551 of 31,833
Apr 21, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #9,552 of 31,833
Apr 21, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #9,555 of 31,833
Mass production of grapheme is only in Japan, China, Germany and USA and I hard to make.

I mean very hard, if it is a startup.

Graphene has all the ideal characteristic of a driver's cone.

Well most of the guys know that...

But a graphene cone can raise the price of iem due to small scale and its hard to give it a shape.

So a 7$ to 30$ jump is right jump.

But then this law comes in between..

The law of diminishing returns.

So i don't expect a lot from these earbuds...

Well, I will get somebody to buy and will try though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back