CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 3, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #5,568 of 31,833
Fonge W1 Pro is the same as the QKZ W1 Pro (probably sold under different names on Aliexpress in addition to Fonge).

It's a single 10mm dynamic driver in a transparent housing.

I haven't listened to them in a while, but from what I remember the sound was fairly neutral. It's not super detailed or resolving, but is enjoyable to listen to.
  • Average build quality and cable for the price
  • worn behind the ear, very comfortable fit
  • removable cable with "DC-style" plug
  • totally sealed (so it is sweat proof and excellent for working out)
  • sits quite flat in the ear, so works for sleeping
For its cost ($5-$6) it's a great value, and an easy IEM shell for driver swaps. I own 2 pair (1 stock, 1 modded). It also responds well to mods - 2-3 holes of 2mm each drilled into the rear cover really opens up the sound.

I wish the DC-style plug was used on more IEMs - it's easy to plug and unplug, reliable, robust, and impossible to plug in out of phase.

I have the QKZ W3 Pro which also has the DC connection. I'm also surprised it hasn't been more widely adopted. The W3 has a 9.2 mm driver. I'm curious as to how it compares to the W1. The W3 is a total steal for the price and may be in my top 5 for sound quality.

Jan 3, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #5,569 of 31,833
Jan 3, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #5,570 of 31,833
I have the QKZ W3 Pro which also has the DC connection. I'm also surprised it hasn't been more widely adopted. The W3 has a 9.2 mm driver. I'm curious as to how it compares to the W1. The W3 is a total steal for the price and may be in my top 5 for sound quality.

Wow, that's great to hear.

Since the W1 Pro is so cheap, pick up a pair and you can A/B them with the W3 Pro for the community!

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #5,573 of 31,833
hi guys, I need advice, I'm about to buy the kz-zs6 + silver cable and rubber. According to you on the € 50 you can have better? I do not like too many basses, a balanced sound but also a bit 'fun (space between various musical genres).

Balanced and <€50 = Tinaudio T2.
But fun is like the opposite of balanced.

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #5,575 of 31,833
Balanced and <€50 = Tinaudio T2.
But fun is like the opposite of balanced.
I agree...and would not recommend the ZS6 at all: great looks, piercing treble...chainsaw! Reviewers recommend the much cheaper ZS5, but version 2 also has the horror treble added. The T2 is a much better sounding earphone, so are the Brainwavz B100. Adding the "fun" part, the B100 should probably be considered.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #5,576 of 31,833
T2 has a treble spike too, its weakest point IMO, not sure why it doesn't get mentioned.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #5,577 of 31,833
I agree...and would not recommend the ZS6 at all: great looks, piercing treble...chainsaw! Reviewers recommend the much cheaper ZS5, but version 2 also has the horror treble added. The T2 is a much better sounding earphone, so are the Brainwavz B100. Adding the "fun" part, the B100 should probably be considered.
Thanks for the advice, the Brainwavz B100 can take them instead the T2 are not sold here Italy. Brainwavz B100 are lower.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #5,580 of 31,833
T2 has a treble spike too, its weakest point IMO, not sure why it doesn't get mentioned.

Really? I found them quite mellow with a very even treble response. All the comments about them being bright don't mesh at all with what I've been hearing. Then again the comments about good sub-bass extension I don't agree with either. That was their Achilles Heel for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back