CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 31, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #5,521 of 31,833
Dec 31, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #5,522 of 31,833
YEAH! Portapro WIN WIN WIN!!! Hehe!

Weren't you suggestion the K403??? Quite not elogious what your friend heard from them....ah, subjectivity of hearing!

Urbanfun being boomy...first time I heard this description about them.

I compare ultra fastly ZS5 V1 and V2....and V2 was having bacground hissing wich V1 do not have with track I was listen....treble is very hardcore with V2. I'm confuse, did you confirm by checking inside nozzle if you really have V1? I confirm too that KZ silver plated cable improve sound and clarity, bass became more controlled as well ( was obligate to use stock cable to compare the 2....and difference isnt placebo!!!!!!!!!)

EDIT: What the heck. Cable change drastically everything...and all my impressions came with this cable, this is why when I listen V1 with stock cable I was doubting my hearding, like...how can have I accepted this type of muffled boomy bass....? This-is-not-suppose-to-sound-crap. ZS5 focking RULES!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to pester you, but any news on the T2 deal? Thanks for everything

Jan 1, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #5,524 of 31,833
Sorry to pester you, but any news on the T2 deal? Thanks for everything
Hum...as said, im kind of a nobody for Jim...so, unfortunately he did not answer me yet and now I just write a last message...before getting kind of insulted by lack of answer! Wish gearbest sell Tinaudio T2, this way, for sure it will have more deals possible.

Jan 1, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #5,525 of 31,833
I'm not a big believer in cables, but I have experienced differences in cables which I believe boiled down to impedance differences:
  • I used an AUX extension cable for watching moves in the past, and it had a horrible effect on the sound. I discovered the impedance was ridiculously high, but I never figured out if it was the gauge of the cable, or if it was copper clad aluminum, or what. I just threw it away and got a different cable (with no degradation in sound).
  • I've recabled IEMs before (that had cable failure) with "new" DIY IEM cables bought from Aliexpress (ie probably removed from defective IEMs). In a few cases, there was a noticeable change in sound for the worse. Some of the cables I used looked like KZ IEM cables (and never had a problem), but the ones in question looked kinda like the whitish ones from MEMT X5 (but they were of unknown construction and origin). The impedance was again very high. Changing out the cable a 2nd time with a KZ IEM cable solved the issue.
  • The stock cable that comes with the KZ ZS3 and ZS5 is very meh in my opinion. I don't remember if it's the mic or non-mic version, but a number of members have measured it as having higher impedance than the KZ "upgrade" cables (you'd have to search, but pretty sure it's something like 3+ohms). I don't know if it's the silver plating or not, but on the ZS5 v1 I did hear a very small difference with the stock cable vs the upgrade cable.

But my take is that if the stock cable is of 'high quality' to begin with (ie good conductors, good connectors, adequate gauge, lowest impedance possible, etc), then upgrading the cable isn't going to make any difference in SOUND (despite making a difference in microphonics, looks, reliability, better balance due to microphone deletion, etc).

I know cables are a polarizing topic, but I'm just providing a few cases where they HAVE made a difference in my experience.

Well man, I think you scientifically proof something here. Hum, I need electronic tool ,especially to measure cable so I can confirm doubt about ''stability'' when it occur. ZS5 difference is small but a big change when you take account of it, in fact, in IEM world we always crave for little positive change in sound. Another strange experience I have is with NICEHCK BRO, stock cable wasn't sounding right so I try 2 different one and now it was an old tennmak cable that sound the best, not my 25$ 14cores silver one....did you have the BRO, if so, a measurment about stock cable could be very interesting!

I think as you, no need of other cable if the one it came with is of good quality (Tinaudio T2 is the supreme exemple of that!) but, you have nothing to loose to try other cable of your collection with IEM, good surprise can happen. Anyway, I don't think I will ever buy expensive iem cable....if so, it will be a balanced one or something very very exotic or more likely a 100$+ iem coming with high quality (exotic) cable!

Jan 1, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #5,526 of 31,833
Awesome! Thanks so much for replying to this.. :)

So then, would you say the B100 is above the T2 or vice versa?

And a Happy New Year to you as well! :)

I'd say they're complimentary. Want a warmer sound with a more impactful low end? T2. Want more detail and clarity? B100.

Jan 1, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #5,527 of 31,833
I Swear to god, that i accidentaly buyed a Brainwavz B100 in the card that i forgot that was saved in paypal account, I just wanted to see if i could tranfer the money that i had on paypal LOL. But that's ok, i managed to refund my mother, and i wanted the b100 a little time. Hope that the shipment come from the us and be fast. If they are in the same league as Tin Audio T2 that appear to me, - reading impressions - are one of the most happilly developed, well regarded budget iem of 2017. And if arrive fastest than China, i'm done. Only downside is the cheap construction compared to t2.

OBS; I received the code of 5% in "my next purchase" in the next 5 days, i will not buy anything and don't know if the code is valid to other people, but it worth a try:
782P-UYEC-2UD1

I'm kinda happy with that true mistake.

Jan 1, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #5,528 of 31,833
giphy.gif

200w.gif

200.gif

Happy new year ALL! It would be very nice for ANY BIG CHIFI REVIEWERS HERE to share there TOP5 of best sub-100$ IEM of 2017!!!!!

There mine:

IEM
-KZ ZS5 (at25$)
-NICEHCK BRO (at20$)
-Zhiyin Z5000 (at40$)
-Tinaudio T2 (at50$)
-**** 6in1 (at 35$)

Earbuds
-EMX500 (at 10$)
-**** PT15 (at 12-15$)
-TY HIZ 32ohm (at6-7$)
-**** TANK (at 30$)
-Monk+ (at 7.50$ including shipping)

Headphones:
-Takstar PRO82
....not the Bossfi B7 and ISK HF2010 isn't 2017. So....

Jan 1, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #5,529 of 31,833
I'd say they're complimentary. Want a warmer sound with a more impact low end? T2. Want more detail and clarity? B100.
Hmmm, probably my only "micro-complaint" about the T2 is that I wish it was a little bit clearer..
Compared to my LZ A4 (black/black) the A4 is a bit more clear but the A4 is not nearly as neutral as my T2..
If only I could just take mt favorite IEMs and mix them up into one perfect IEM!! :)

Anyway, thanks for your reply! :)

Jan 1, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #5,530 of 31,833
The B150 is ONLY $55.60 on Brainwavz page:
https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/b150-balanced-armature-in-ear-earphone
Use the promo code "HEADFI" at check out and it drops to only: $50.04!! :)

If only the B150 had a detachable cable I would probably jump on it...
I don't know if these will really be any better then my Tin Audio T2???

Is there someone here that has tried the T2 next to the B150 that can talk me into these? :)

**{B100 is only $35.64 after "headfi" promo code}**
Get the B100, you apparently don't gain anything with the B150. If you want a detachable cable, get the B200, which is said to sound like the B100 but with more detail.

Jan 1, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #5,531 of 31,833
Hi Otto Motor, Would you say it's worth purchasing the B100 if I already own (and LOVE) the Tin Audio T2?
The B100 is a great deal right now, but I got a really good deal on the T2 ($36 free ship)..
Are there many differences between the T2 and B100?
Yes, it is woth owning both. And yes, they are different sounding. An yes, both are rated very highly.

Jan 1, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #5,534 of 31,833
My top 5 gear of the year...in no particular order...

IEMs:
Fostex TE-02
Focal Sphear
QKZ Fonge W1 Pro
Tin Audio T2
Brainwavz B100

Headphones:
Koss KSC275
Phillips SHP9500S
Sennheiser HD 231
Sennheiser HD 471i
AKG C50BT/Y50BT [$99 at Costco Canada]