CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 27, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #5,416 of 31,833
Oh dear, I didnt use micropores on my Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD, I used superglue to cover the vent. No wonder the vocals take a hit in clarify department. Crap, this means my Xiaomi is a goner... Im currently using Ostry OS300 tips.

Im in Asia, I dont really know PITA foam. When I try to google PITA form, it gives me a shampoo brand lol. Does that means you replace the metal cover with Transpore openings?

hahahaha i mean normal open cell foam....when slater did the mod....it was so hard to cut the foam so small that we called it PITA work..

So i said PITA foam.....

Pain in the Ass is the meaning PITA.

@tancg

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #5,417 of 31,833
Sounds like you don't get out much then, Otto. Lots of people have been modding Senns, AKGs, etc.

For example, the HD800, one of the best:

Hey, I said "Sennheiser EARPHONE mod"...not headphone mod. Read properly before making such statements. I do get out much and just came home...it was -27C.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #5,418 of 31,833
200w.gif

Personally, I care more about what you like....and we need more new LIKES!

OK, I ordered these UE900s quad drivers at an incredible price.
https://goo.gl/Zs3Gpv

I talked to Chris from the Kopfhoerer Lounge (he had reviewed them) and he let me know they are in a a different league compared to the Brainwavz B400.

I also ordered these highly recommended Gorsun C3 single drivers at 1/80 of the price of the UE900s.
https://goo.gl/CCMtpb

I hope I don't have to waste my superglue on any of them.

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #5,419 of 31,833
Well, we all have idiotic times, haha. Especially coming from a novice in modding. I used a tiny drop of 5 second superglue because I wanted a clean look.

Superglue in the nozzle of a BA to fix the sound, wow that's pretty drastic and a one way mod. If I'm honest it seems pretty idiotic to me, if I'd have had that problem with the sound and I was restricted in terms of buying new ones I'd have just stuck them on eBay.

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #5,420 of 31,833
Lol, I know what PITA means, but I genuinely thought its the brand, silly me.

Do you guys have the exact post number of Slater Mod? Im been scrolling the thread for quite some time but still unable to find that particular post.

hahahaha i mean normal open cell foam....when slater did the mod....it was so hard to cut the foam so small that we called it PITA work..

So i said PITA foam.....

Pain in the Ass is the meaning PITA.

@tancg

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #5,422 of 31,833
Hi guys, just a heads-up, I'm clearing out some nice earphones in almost brand new condition. Check out my ad in the FS thread. Thanks.

ADAX HT06
JBL T280A (Silver)
Phiaton C450S (Blue)
Seahf AWK-009 (Red)
TFZ King (Blue)

Dec 27, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #5,424 of 31,833
Since it's very much a sub 100$ Iem finding, I'm happy to say going from regular F9 to iBasso IT01 was a smooth transition:
slightly warmer, similar soundstage, more mellow (in the way you'd expect going from hybrid to single dynamic), slightly less detailed but overall more enjoyable. That spike really killed them for me.

Also getting the FH1 soon.

That said, no matter which Iem I hear, KZ ATR and ATE still sound great.

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #5,425 of 31,833
Since it's very much a sub 100$ Iem finding, I'm happy to say going from regular F9 to iBasso IT01 was a smooth transition:
slightly warmer, similar soundstage, more mellow (in the way you'd expect going from hybrid to single dynamic), slightly less detailed but overall more enjoyable. That spike really killed them for me.

Also getting the FH1 soon.

That said, no matter which Iem I hear, KZ ATR and ATE still sound great.

Wow, look interesting, must admit I became very curious about single dynamic driver potential now. the Multi layered Graphene of IT01 look very promising, sometime I prefer musicality over clinicality for sure. DId the soundstage is very large, and what about deepness of imaging and air between instruments? Feel single drivers somewhat lack deepness...but it isnt always negative.

Still enjoying alot my Zhiyin Z5000, so it wasnt a ephemere impression. They aren't perfect, but ultimately musical and smooth, with some sparkle and micro details, sound have body to it, like the snare feel more full as well as the kicks, vocal are simple delicious and fowards....try to get more info about them, HCK was like: those are old. Don't know if it will be in production for long but now I want to listen to more single drivers technologies!!!!!!!!

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #5,427 of 31,833
Let us know how those work out; I'm intrigued because I noticed the ad says," Subwoofer Earphone", with "Bring you a natural voice".
They must have baritone singers over there.
But my favorite is, "9MM NDFEB standard will lead to a new atomic bomb effect."
Designed in North Korea? These will arrive in April.

Dec 27, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #5,429 of 31,833
Wow, look interesting, must admit I became very curious about single dynamic driver potential now. the Multi layered Graphene of IT01 look very promising, sometime I prefer musicality over clinicality for sure. DId the soundstage is very large, and what about deepness of imaging and air between instruments? Feel single drivers somewhat lack deepness...but it isnt always negative.

Still enjoying alot my Zhiyin Z5000, so it wasnt a ephemere impression. They aren't perfect, but ultimately musical and smooth, with some sparkle and micro details, sound have body to it, like the snare feel more full as well as the kicks, vocal are simple delicious and fowards....try to get more info about them, HCK was like: those are old. Don't know if it will be in production for long but now I want to listen to more single drivers technologies!!!!!!!!
I'll have to listen more for that (but there are a few nice reviews on Headfi), as iBasso itself recommends burn in (also due to the cable).

What I'll say though is that after abandoning full-sized open headphones like the k712 Pro and Fidelio X2 I immediately looked for multiple driver Iems
(cause everybody was talking about the 1More Triple) and I made the silly assumption that more is better - as if I didn't know any better.

Few months down the line and I also had the F9, until realizing that despite all the technicalities of multiple BA, I was still missing the smooth and coherent representation that a simple KZ ATR or PFE 112 were giving me.

That said I'm still very much new to this as I've never gone past the 150$ price bracket, but this video really made me understand there was a clear difference

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #5,430 of 31,833
Hey, I said "Sennheiser EARPHONE mod"...not headphone mod. Read properly before making such statements. I do get out much and just came home...it was -27C.

So it's,warmed up then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back