CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 17, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #3,378 of 31,833
For the price of a good simple lunch, just give the KZ ZSE a try. They are very impressive! :wink:

Yes indeed, with a decent source, the bass on the ZSE sounds so effortlessly smooth and yet punchy. Very, very enjoyable listen for energetic and not too 'complicated' tracks where the instrument separation starts failing to keep up.

Note that the stage on them are a little average, not quite considered to be 'wide'.

Aug 18, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #3,379 of 31,833
I do like the hybrid , except that my green one came with a gold ring when I expected silver.

Got a Dremel? You can strip the green off the ring and expose the silver aluminum underneath with the right dremel wheel.

LOL! I should have known you would say this. You get one and try it! I want to see a closeup photo of the result. It is only the tiny gold ring that should be silver.

Aug 18, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #3,382 of 31,833
Just back from holiday - will catch up with the threads tomorrow, I hope I haven't missed too much

Nah, not much...

Aug 19, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #3,383 of 31,833
It's kinda weird that BOSSHiFi B3s still doesn't have a proper review, considering how B3 was generally well regarded. The 2 have unfortunate names as people probably think that it's a minor difference or just cosmetic, but the graphs sellers provide look very different and the body of the IEM is mostly metal on B3s with a small piece where wood influences the sound. Very interested to see how it sounds, hopefully we will have some sort of a review soon.

Aug 19, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #3,384 of 31,833
And nobody's talking about the Kinera H3 anymore ? Where can i get the Pioneer CH9T, now that i became interested, may be getting it but i don't think Amazon's gonna ship to my country, either that or it's gonna be expensive shipping... hmm ...

Aug 19, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #3,385 of 31,833
I got the EMI CI880, the ADAX-HT06 and the ZSE. Here are my impressions:

EMI CI880: Absolutely amazing! They are more detailed than the ZS5, which are my favorite In Ears. Now it’s a really hard competition. I highly recommend to try this out if you like a bright and detailed sound!

ADAX HT-06: Maybe I got a defective pair, but they don’t impress me. I really miss something in their sound. They are too darkish and boring for me. No detail, lifeless mids and a boring bass.

ZSE: They have more bass than the ZS5, maybe that’s why they are more fun sounding. But the mids sound artificial. Outdoor, I didn’t notice that too much and they sound ok for me. They are lightweight and fit well in my ears. For the price they’re ok. But I would always pay 10$ more for the ZS5.

Thanks Vidal for the recommendations! I really enjoy the EMI right now :)

Aug 19, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #3,387 of 31,833
My first post on head-fi, have been reading the thread for a while, you guys rock! So much information on this thread, always wanted to enter the hifi world but without our Chinese fellows that would just be prohibitively expensive for me since I don't live anywhere near a pro audio store to test some products, it was always a blind online shopping game for me and if i wanted to return the goods there was always the customs taxes and everything else making the whole process ridiculously hard, time consuming and even more expensive!

Well, I just ordered EMI CI880 (Estron C630) on tidebay since the price on ali had skyrocked and amazon uk does not ship to my country.

Here is the link if anyone is interested, don't know how good tidebuy service is, my first order there.
https://www.tidebuy.com/product/Estron-C630-Hifi-Stereo-Wire-Control-Headset-12733714.html

Also waiting for KZ-ZS5 and Einsear T2 to arrive, as soon as I can provide reviews and comparisons, I'll.

About cheap headphones, I have the ISK MDH9999(isk hd980 in some countries) AKG K271MKII's clone but with 32ohm instead of AKG's 55Ω, and they are probably the best bang for the buck on headphone's hifi division, even hooked up straight from the PS4 Dual Shock 4 it provides good sub-bass and mid-bass kick feel that I did not expect from a monitor ''lean ass bass'' headphone, really wide soundstage(and they are closed-back) and overall crisp audio experience! Like I said, they are legendary flat and crisp (to the point of exposing bad quality records and mixing quickly), so don't expect fancy-fun bass EQ straight from the cans and that led me to search for a good portable amp with some eq just out of curiosity, but specially to test some IEM and earbuds for gaming(PS4) and to listen to music while traveling.

Probably the best cheap option would be the bluetooth kit for KZ-ZS5, but i strive for more options, really want to compare different earphones and not all of them perform that well straight from portable sources. Right now I'm thinking about Fiio A5 or Q1. Q1 has the best battery life (+30 hours) and that would be a major plus for me, specially for gaming, but I don't know how good A5 is, since that would be my only portable amp, really difficult to choose blindly, probably both would serve me well. I know it is not a phone amp thread but would like to know your opinions, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #3,390 of 31,833
are these kz and lz stuff can compare to gr07? i dont care to toss 40$ on good chinese iem that kick high, but i will prefer to pay 100$ for some established iem like gr07 and it will be safe bet. any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back