CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 27, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #25,561 of 31,832
Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right thread, but saw this deal for the BQEYZ KC2 in Amazon.de ( Amazon.de - BQEYZ KC2 ) for ~19€. Also, since the KC2 is not very recent, I was wondering if it's still good value in today's array of cheap IEMs, thanks.

Aug 27, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #25,562 of 31,832
Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right thread, but saw this deal for the BQEYZ KC2 in Amazon.de ( Amazon.de - BQEYZ KC2 ) for ~19€. Also, since the KC2 is not very recent, I was wondering if it's still good value in today's array of cheap IEMs, thanks.

Nice deal. KC2 is still plenty competitive. Has actually seen a bit of a resurgence in popularity in some FB groups recently.

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #25,563 of 31,832
Yes. Two years later it remains one of the top picks, along with the BQEYZ KB100 and Tin T2+, in the under-$50 Balanced IEM.

Aug 28, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #25,564 of 31,832
Kbear diamond for $54...

Should I pull the trigger or will NF Audio NM2 be a better buy (but at $76)? I love details, tight bass and expansive soundstage and the reviews of NM2 being super revealing have piqued my interest...

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #25,565 of 31,832
Kbear diamond for $54...

Should I pull the trigger or will NF Audio NM2 be a better buy (but at $76)? I love details, tight bass and expansive soundstage and the reviews of NM2 being super revealing have piqued my interest...

KBEAR Diamond has a more narrow soundstage comparatively, I would say soundstage borders on average to slightly below average. It is V shaped with good technicalities for a single DD. But it won't beat some similarly priced multi BA/hybrid type IEMs at that price.
Diamond's timbre is good, quite smooth and bassy. Bass is quite fast but there's a mild midbass bleed. The bass is almost the same amount or slightly more than the BLON BL-03, so if u are bass averse u might need to look elsewhere.

$54 is a very good price though, it is $79 usually. Haven't tried the NM2, so can't comment on that, but it looks to have good reviews too.

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #25,566 of 31,832
Kbear diamond for $54...

The NF Audio NM2 is a tier above than the Diamond. I was comparing both and sold the diamond.

Aug 28, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #25,567 of 31,832
Maybe you guys seen it already, KZ announced their new IEM: KZ ZAX 1DD+7BA.

Well, I was hesitating with CCA CA16 when they released so I didn't go for it. The reviews showed me that it's not that special.

With ZAX we see actually very very similar graph with KZ ZSX but it seems to roll off after about 18khz. I feel like it's gonna be more specious.

And again we have this classic Chi-Fi tuning where the high mids are boosted a bit but can be fixed with EQ.

What pisses me is that the BA driver located in the nozzle. However, I pulled the trigger for this. The design looks great especially black one.

This seller seems to give additonal 8$ discount with the code. I'm leaving it here in case smb wants to have.

I'm hoping a better fun signature.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_BUgBYC

1598632424740.png
1598632460568.png

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #25,568 of 31,832
Diamond's timbre is good, quite smooth and bassy. Bass is quite fast but there's a mild midbass bleed. The bass is almost the same amount or slightly more than the BLON BL-03, so if u are bass averse u might need to look elsewhere.

Ahhh thanks for pointing that out. I don't really enjoy bassy iems - I have Musicmaker TK12s but I just can't bring myself to love the super boomy sound.

The NF Audio NM2 is a tier above than the Diamond. I was comparing both and sold the diamond.
Wow... What a resounding recommendation! Now to think of an excuse to tell the missus

Aug 28, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #25,569 of 31,832
tgx78 said:
Wow... What a resounding recommendation! Now to think of an excuse to tell the missus

I have the NA2, not the NM2, but it is currently my favorite single DD IEM that I own (quite a few). It is a sleeper, with a bland unassuming shell, but an incredibly capable driver, tuned very well.

Aug 29, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #25,570 of 31,832
Hi guys,

I'm trying to choose between Fiio fa1 and ibasso it01. I can get both at more or less the same price. Was only wondering how they compare in these segments:
- Noise isolation
- Source/driving (will be using LGV30)

In terms of looks and accessories, FA1 clearly wins. As for sound, either way i will never know without trying, so i'm willing to risk in that regard.

Aug 29, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #25,571 of 31,832
Hello boys, I know that all of you are kind of keen to the wire buds, but I was wondering if you’ve got any experience or recommandations for a pair of wireless ones. I hate the wire when the cold comes and I feel like no wire at all is what I need. Thanks!

Aug 29, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #25,572 of 31,832
The AKG N400 is a well tuned one.

Oops, but given where you posted this question, this would be too expensive.

1598719668869.png

Aug 29, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #25,573 of 31,832
Hello boys, I know that all of you are kind of keen to the wire buds, but I was wondering if you’ve got any experience or recommandations for a pair of wireless ones. I hate the wire when the cold comes and I feel like no wire at all is what I need. Thanks!

Your best bet is to do some research on @bartigs site scarbir.com as he has an excellent site with plenty of budget TWS reviews.

Also this thread is another good resource, probably best to take the time to skim at least the last 50-100 pages (or more). It moves fairly quickly:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/going-fully-wireless-iems-too-soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/

Aug 29, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #25,575 of 31,832
Well finally completed my collection of TIMKKOO or Estron or E-MI or whatever other brand names they're known as lol.:)

C610, C630 and finally C631 (Cheers Slater).

The C630 I'll only mention briefly as it's an oldie and I'd doubt many would be looking at it now. It's easily the more mature sounding of the three, goes well with a colourful source, something that can power the sub-bass... in fact, it's the first earphone I can happily use with the bass boost on my FIIO A3 without impacting the other frequencies. Has fine balance, very good detail and great vocals again with the right source. Soundwise it's the best of the three hands down. Doesn't have the bloat of the C610 and it's upper mids and treble are far tidier and controlled over the C630 (which still sounds fantastic for its sub £10 price).

The C631 is like a cross between the CNT-1 and Soundmagic e80 if you can work that one out lol. Built like a tank which I wasn't expecting going by the plastic cheap feel of its siblings. It actually reminded me of the DUNU DN 2000 in shape and weight, which funnily enough has the same driver set-up of 2BA + 1DD.

I think you said that the C631 is your favorite of the three, but it wasn't very clear. It is my favorite TIMMKOO, Emi, Joyplus, Estron-made one by far.

The good news for those of us in the US is that they are now available again on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088K4B3W3 for $20, just a tad over what I got my original set for. This is still one of my favorite IEMs after the @Slater mod of removing the black filter behind the silver screen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back