CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 29, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #20,536 of 31,832
$30 is pretty cheap. With a $2 off coupon and a $2 off customer coupon its possible it can be had for $26ish. I really need to just order it, but have kind of sworn off hybrids and KZ family products. Have gone a year on KZ/CCA. Been doing good. HAHA.

26ish is for sure a bargain as I think the ZS7's are worth $30 every day of the year especially when Best Buy will take your $19.99 all day long for a POS Skullcandy plastic wonky sounding iteration of what they consider an iem:smiling_imp:

Oct 29, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #20,538 of 31,832
Out of a bunch of IEMs and earbuds in my bucket, I'm going to limit myself to the Blon-03. The discounts aren't that outrageous anyway and I am unsure of venturing into the earbud arena.

Listening to the IT01 after weeks and months of the **** puts things in perspective: it's pouring gold down my ears...:k701smile:The depth of soundstage is something I underestimated and which can be appreciated in a more intimate soundstage, perhaps. Thicker sounds all around might cause bias.
I will definitely be taking attention to reviews that differentiate width with depth from now on.

Loving the sound but I am getting connection cuts on one side when I move! :triportsad:

Curious to test the blon; might regret not testing the KZ ZSX/ CCA C12/TNR V90 for the added detail, but budget will tell.:blush:

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #20,539 of 31,832
Out of a bunch of IEMs and earbuds in my bucket, I'm going to limit myself to the Blon-03. The discounts aren't that outrageous anyway and I am unsure of venturing into the earbud arena.

Listening to the IT01 after weeks and months of the **** puts things in perspective: it's pouring gold down my ears...:k701smile:The depth of soundstage is something I underestimated and which can be appreciated in a more intimate soundstage, perhaps. Thicker sounds all around might cause bias. Loving the sound but I am getting connection cuts on one side when I move! :triportsad:
Curious to test the blon; might regret not testing the KZ ZSX/ CCA C12/TNR V90 for the added detail, but budget will tell.:blush:

If u are getting connection cuts when u move that could be due to a cable issue, they're usually the first point of failure in an IEM. Maybe u can consider getting another cable to see if this fixes it.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #20,540 of 31,832
What tips are you guys using for the Blon-03? The nozzle is relatively short, which makes it so that not every tip provides for a good sealing. I have tried foam tips, but they only accentuates the bass, which I certainly don't need more of, they have a plenty amount of bass as it is.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #20,541 of 31,832
What tips are you guys using for the Blon-03? The nozzle is relatively short, which makes it so that not every tip provides for a good sealing. I have tried foam tips, but they only accentuates the bass, which I certainly don't need more of, they have a plenty amount of bass as it is.
I used spinfit c145 for the blon

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #20,543 of 31,832
Aren't those way too big for the Blon? The c145 has a nozzle diameter of 4.5mm, while cp100 has a diameter of 3.8mm. When I used the cp100, it would come loose all the time. I wonder how yours stay put.

I'm using spinfit CP 100 with the BLONs too, it fits fine and doesn't come loose for me. A lot of headfiers are using the CP145 also. But do be aware that the CP 100 tends to make the bass a bit boomier as it has a narrower nozzle, so if u are bass averse, look for something else. Some folks use Sony MH755 tips with it or do a spacer mod also.

Everyone's ear anatomy and sonic preferences are different though, so just go thru all available tips with the BLON and see what's best. You'd be surprised some tips that you never expected to be a good match for an IEM appear to be the perfect fitting one.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #20,544 of 31,832
Aren't those way too big for the Blon? The c145 has a nozzle diameter of 4.5mm, while cp100 has a diameter of 3.8mm. When I used the cp100, it would come loose all the time. I wonder how yours stay put.

It was a bit loose, but this is what I did: (since i'm too lazy to cut my unused tips as a ring)

15724202504755401730103229973149.jpg

It sounds better like this for me. Better than other tips since c145 is longer than c100

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #20,545 of 31,832
  1. What tips are you guys using for the Blon-03? The nozzle is relatively short, which makes it so that not every tip provides for a good sealing. I have tried foam tips, but they only accentuates the bass, which I certainly don't need more of, they have a plenty amount of bass as it is.
    JVC Spiral Dot Large + a slice of an old tip canal as a thin spacer. A good thing is that the Dots do seal deeper this way giving clarity and bass.

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #20,546 of 31,832

Listening to the IT01 after weeks and months of the **** puts things in perspective: it's pouring gold down my ears...:k701smile:The depth of soundstage is something I underestimated and which can be appreciated in a more intimate soundstage, perhaps. Thicker sounds all around might cause bias.
I will definitely be taking attention to reviews that differentiate width with depth from now on.

Loving the sound but I am getting connection cuts on one side when I move! :triportsad:

Well soundstage depth, tansients and imaging are below average on the blon imo, it's really not its strength, so depends what matters most for you. If it's timbre, you're golden.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #20,547 of 31,832
Ok as promised, I've listened to Opeth (Damnation, Deliverance, and now Ghost Reveries), and can confirm the mids are fine.

I don't know if I'd feel the same with other kinds of death metal, but I'm happy to report back if you give me suggestions of what to listen to next :)

Death, Misery Index, Mastodon, Kvelertak, Be'lakor are some of the bands that I know he likes a lot. I feel a bit bad that I don't know more about them but Death metal just isn't really my thing, I like melodics and he likes whatever sounds the most angry lol. Thank you!

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #20,548 of 31,832
Tried Ptron Pride (Tang Mai F3 clones) this week as they were retailing for ~$5 @AmazonIndia sale as I couldn't resist the temptation of splurging on heavily discounted audio gear. They're available on AliExpress for ~$11. They're sturdily built with all metal body and come with an inline remote.

• Specification:
  • Product Name : PTron Pride Earphone
  • Compatible platform : Android, Windows Phone, iOS
  • Yes/No remote control : Yes
  • Sensitivity : 108dB / mW
  • Mic Sensitivity: -40±6 DB
  • Applicable music type : Rock metal bass type
  • Speaker size : 9.2mm
  • Impedance : 16ohms±15%
  • Size: 18*9*4cm
  • Frequency response range : 20Hz-20kHz
  • Sound level : 96±3 DB
  • Color : Black
  • Headphone type : In-ear Wired
  • Aux pin : 3.5mm
  • Cable length : 1.2m tangle free
  • Weight :80g

images

images

Impressions after 50 hrs of usage -

Deep and lush bass makes it sound like a subwoofer in your ears which is good enough to satisfy bassheads. There is some mid-bass bleed but it somewhat enhances the overall experience as these are branded as extra bass IEMs. The rumble will make the bassheads chuckle with glee.

Mids are clear and have enough meat to give a relaxed feel to the overall experience. Female voices do sound a bit artificial due to over emphasis on the bass.

Highs are rolled off but they do not lack much in terms of detail. Sound is crisp and clear which doesn't sound metallic or tinny. Treble sensitive guys should give them a shot.

Timbre is average but listening to them gives a retro boom box kinda feel. It's like you know there's something which makes you listen them despite all it's technical imperfections.

Isolation - With right tip size they seal most of ambient noise which probably leads to oomphy bass.

Comfort - Above average and will fit most ears. My ears are fairly average but I had to use the large tips to get the perfect seal. That should give you an idea about it's size.

Summary - If anyone ever wants a subwoofer on the go should give them a shot for sure (Bassheads, I'm talking to you) They're by no means neutral or balanced but have fun signature. Folks who like pop, EDM, trance, house, hip-hop and other bass heavy genres will surely enjoy them.

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #20,549 of 31,832
I'm using spinfit CP 100 with the BLONs too, it fits fine and doesn't come loose for me. A lot of headfiers are using the CP145 also. But do be aware that the CP 100 tends to make the bass a bit boomier as it has a narrower nozzle, so if u are bass averse, look for something else. Some folks use Sony MH755 tips with it or do a spacer mod also.

Everyone's ear anatomy and sonic preferences are different though, so just go thru all available tips with the BLON and see what's best. You'd be surprised some tips that you never expected to be a good match for an IEM appear to be the perfect fitting one.
I see. Well, I am currently using the KZ tips, but turned inside out. They are pretty long at the moment, longer than any other tips I have aside from the foam tips.

It was a bit loose, but this is what I did: (since i'm too lazy to cut my unused tips as a ring)

It sounds better like this for me. Better than other tips since c145 is longer than c100
I think that for me, they would be a bit too loose. As long it doesn't cause issues for you, all fine I guess :)

1. JVC Spiral Dot Large + a slice of an old tip canal as a thin spacer. A good thing is that the Dots do seal deeper this way giving clarity and bass.
I have never thought about it before, cutting out cylinder of smaller-diameter tips and put them inside larger ones to make them fit better. I do have some Spiral Dots lying around, maybe I should try them out. Will try to cut out from some of the tips that came with the Blon-03, those should be just fine I figure.

Edit: I have found some worn out foam tips that I don't use anymore and remove the nozzle cylinder. I cut 1 of those cylinders in half and put it over the IEM nozzles and then put a larger tip over it. They fit just fine now!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back