CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 29, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #11,626 of 31,833
Thank you for the variants. I was hoping for something like Bose Soundwear, bt its really expensive. I haven't known about the avaliability of bone conducting headphones. For me it has always been some very special equipment. And I really haven't thought about glueing a boombox on the rail =). The last one sound pretty possible to make BTW.

Yes, the Bose is much too expensive for such a specialized product. I believe it is very low sales volume due to the high price. But I have a lot of respect for the engineering, because even though you wear the speaker around your neck, the music sounds like it is coming from inside your head. It is a very creepy and spooky sensation!

As far as the Bluetooth speaker, I think it is the best option. Very low cost and easy to do yourself as you mentioned. The aluminum metal Bluetooth model is the best sounding out of all of the Xiaomi models. It is very small, but it has powerful and natural sound. You can even add music files to a microSD card, and the Xiaomi speaker will play without any Bluetooth connection.

Also, Aliexpress has a silicone skin available for the Xiaomi metal speaker. It is only a few dollars extra, but helps protect the speaker from bumps and keep it from scratching your bike.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #11,627 of 31,833
LG has a cheaper version of the bose its less than half the price.
reviews have been good

The handlebar mount speakers aren't bad I backed a KS project called Boombot Rex from a company in SF called Boombotiix. They make waterproof speakers for bikes/backpacks etc Boombot Pro

https://store.boombotix.com/

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #11,628 of 31,833
Any suggestions on some really budget($10) with the emphasis on durability? I assume for under $10, whatever KZ is on sale for under that is best for sound quality, but I'm focusing on durability. Looking for a cheap pair of headphones for the gym. Might take a bit more abuse than i would put a normal pair through.

Jun 29, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #11,630 of 31,833
Brothers any solid buys right now on the 50-60$ mark? Preference: midcentric-neutral, also V shaped midcentric thanks guys!

Kinera SEED

Any suggestions on some really budget($10) with the emphasis on durability? I assume for under $10, whatever KZ is on sale for under that is best for sound quality, but I'm focusing on durability. Looking for a cheap pair of headphones for the gym. Might take a bit more abuse than i would put a normal pair through.

I don't think anything that cheap will offer amazing durability, but the QKZ W1 Pro could work.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #11,632 of 31,833
LG has a cheaper version of the bose its less than half the price.
reviews have been good

The handlebar mount speakers aren't bad I backed a KS project called Boombot Rex from a company in SF called Boombotiix. They make waterproof speakers for bikes/backpacks etc Boombot Pro

https://store.boombotix.com/

You don't happen to know what that LG product is called do you?

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #11,633 of 31,833

KZ EDR1 fits that bill perfectly:

1) sound quality
2) durability
3) under $10 budget

Switch out the stock tips for something better though, as they suck. Starlines work great.

Jun 29, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #11,634 of 31,833

$8!
https://us.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_432000.html

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/knowledge-zenith-atr-in-ear-monitor.23032/reviews

The cable and jack are sturdy but I think the following are necessary if you want them to sit firmly while at the gym.

https://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Removable-Silicone-Sports-Earhook/dp/B01E4TS360

Careful though, you might like these enough to care about their well-being.

10091937-1.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #11,635 of 31,833
Jun 30, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #11,637 of 31,833
Hi there, first post. Does anyone recommend any of the Betrons in particular? There's loads on Amazon (UK). Hard to tell them apart. I want decent but not overpowering bass, good representation of the sound, nothing deliberately standing out too much. I've seen the BS-10 get a lot of mention here. Should I plump for that?

Jun 30, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #11,639 of 31,833
Hi there, first post. Does anyone recommend any of the Betrons in particular? There's loads on Amazon (UK). Hard to tell them apart. I want decent but not overpowering bass, good representation of the sound, nothing deliberately standing out too much. I've seen the BS-10 get a lot of mention here. Should I plump for that?

i have a few Betrons because of all the lightning deals. They are all in my list. I would start with the BS10 and see what you think. If it is good enough for the Panda....:)

Jun 30, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #11,640 of 31,833
The BS-10 is really good
Thanks for your advice! Are they not too bass heavy? That's my concern, given how they're marketed as really bass strong..

The others I'm thinking of are the AX3s.. they work out cheaper at the moment, with the mic. I want a mic since I might use it as a headset for gaming or for calls sometimes. Probably gonna order tonight, so price will be a factor, instead of just waiting for a flash sale.

That said, if the BS-10s are really better or worth it, I'll fork out the 15 quid for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back