CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 26, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #1,261 of 31,833
My review on KZ's first hybrids......

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820747/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-portable-headphones-and-iems/555#post_12891194

.....If first you don't succeed? Try, try, again!
etysmile.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #1,266 of 31,833
Are Soundmagic E10 still considered a good option for balanced IEMs that are also comfortable? I read that stock buds are pretty bad.

Stock tips are a bit of PITA to get proper sealing (at least for my ears), but once you get a proper fit, E10 do sound very balanced (with a slight midbass hump) and spacious. BTW, I use wide bore double flange tips (provides me somewhat better fit and coherent sound).

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #1,267 of 31,833
Sep 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #1,268 of 31,833
Yesterday, I received Somic V4 and KZ ZS3. Here are my OOTB impressions.

Somic V4
Bass is amazing, good extension, a bit emphasized sometimes. Mids, as a vocals head, I approve. Clear and detailed, but imo XE800 is a bit more detailed. Treble is sparkly and detailed. I'm really impressed. If I'd compare it against XE800, I'd say they are of different species and it all comes down to your preference. V4s are energetic, fun, and great for almost all genres, Vivos are analytical and great for bass-light genres like acoustic and orchestra.

KZ ZS3
Though I like the build quality, I wasn't that impressed. Bass is good but imo it lacks depth and texture. Mids sound unnatural at times, but pretty good nonetheless. Treble is sufficiently detailed. I'm more likely to listen to EDM with these, the ZS3s are dark (sound-wise and build-wise). Just my 2 cents, these two IEMs still need some burnin'

Thanks to @Nymphonomaniac for the recommendation on the V4s

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #1,270 of 31,833

Can you compare them to any other IEMs that I might have? KZ-ATE, KZ-ZS1, W1 pro. How is the soundstage? Mids?

I can give some impressions against the KZ-ATE....

KZ-ATE (with default sponge tips) VS KINERA BD05 (default silicone tips):

BASS:
With the ATE, the bass is balanced and quick with no bloat what-so-ever. And, even though the sub-bass is not as deep as I prefer, the details and transparency is really satisfying with many selected genres. The BD05 has more of a solid bass signature with a strong presence in the mid-bass that contibutes very well with the lower mid-range.

MIDRANGE:
The ATE has great midrange presence and transparency (remind you with the sponge tips) and provides good coherency because of it. The BD05 plays very well with its BA armature partner where the dynamic takes care of most of the MID and all lower ranges, while the BA armature takes care of the MID and all higher ranges to the "T".

TREBLE:
The treble on the ATE is nicely detailed to the point where I can hear some micro-details coming from a dynamic driver, but can be somewhat picky on bad recordings. The BA on the BD05, does a very good job playing well at higher ranges and peaks nicely on top without sounding strident or harsh.

SOUNDSTAGE:
Soundstage on both the ATE and BD05 are very good, but play differently because of their different signatures. The ATE sounds transparent and imaging is great all around, while with the BD05, the soundstage can be just as wide, but not as deep (or lacks a little depth, per say). Headstage sounds a little more present and realistic with the ATE, while the BD05 sounds a little dryer, but precise.

CONCLUSION:
They're both great IEM's for their price range and many here can benefit from their different signatures. 
wink.gif

.....More impressions of the KINERA BD05 can be found on my latest review at the link below.....
--> http://www.head-fi.org/t/820747/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-portable-headphones-and-iems/540#post_12891194

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #1,271 of 31,833
I would like to make one quick note about my KZ ATE...  OH MAN it responds well to EQing up the bass.  I'm pretty sure I've read it as a budget basshead IEM on the basshead thread.

Sep 28, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #1,272 of 31,833

I can give some impressions against the KZ-ATE....

KZ-ATE (with default sponge tips) VS KINERA BD05 (default silicone tips):

.....More impressions of the KINERA BD05 can be found on my latest review at the link below.....
--> http://www.head-fi.org/t/820747/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-portable-headphones-and-iems/540#post_12891194

I've got two of Kinera's on route should be here within a week, the BD05 and BAS02. Looking forward to see how good they are, Kinera have got some good reviews on Audiofight

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #1,273 of 31,833
Anyone tried the KZ ZST? it's currently on sale at DX.com eu direct. Since it's 7-9 days shipping for me it's really tempting.

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #1,274 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back