CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 9, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #21,541 of 31,833
-

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #21,544 of 31,833
Even my local store where I buy the silicone case for my sony a55 does provide a small hi res sticker for free when you buy the case :L3000:

Exactly. In reality, it’s just a sticker. I always peel them off and throw them away anyways.

And yes, I know what the high res certification is supposed to represent lol

Dec 9, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #21,545 of 31,833
Thanks for clarifying. I'm with you on the doubt. Couldn't agree more, I said it before, the EA3 has the high-res certificate among many others certificates. All those certificates cost money, the case included, extra ear tips.. Seems too good to be true, but I'd still buy it over the V90.. just because. Which is kind of dumb, but it's worth a gamble.
To me it seems kind of impossible to pack all the accessories and the presentation with the best sound.. there must be a compromise.. otherwise, like you said it will receive hype.
Now I don't have the New Head-Fier tag, so hopefully I have some luck in the campaign. Fiio is a well respected company, so these shouldn't be terrible, if the tuning isn't on the best side.. well then *shrugs*

In Soviet China, Japanese certificates are doubtful at best.

Dec 9, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #21,546 of 31,833
I just checked, the EA3 is legit, under the website that was provided I did find both the Fiio products and the Jade Audio EA3. They are in that database.

Dec 9, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #21,547 of 31,833
Let me recommend you the **** **** and ZSN pro based on hearsay. People who enjoy them seem to enjoy them.

the **** are a bit too aggressive in the highs without foam tips (for me) - but that's probably due to the nozzle which requires wide bore ear tips (silicon ones) to get a proper seal,

it's the same type as the BLON BL-03.

Haven't experimented much with big size KZ starline ear tips and others due to lack thereof - but having those the highs should be pretty pleasant with silicon eartips

Dec 9, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #21,548 of 31,833
the **** are a bit too aggressive in the highs without foam tips (for me) - but that's probably due to the nozzle which requires wide bore ear tips (silicon ones) to get a proper seal,

Haven't experimented much with big size KZ starline ear tips and others due to lack thereof - but having those the highs should be pretty pleasant with silicon eartips
kz starline work very good with the ****

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #21,549 of 31,833

Looks like you need to turn your bull**** detector on mate.

My point is that it's not because bad iems like the **** or ZSN pro got good hearsay that they're good. You need to read between lines, and it's only good if you find it good, not because others say so.

Anyway this forum is in a phase where the blon overhype is fading away so everyone seems to be running in circles about if they should get that iem of the past that got decent reviews.

I think we need very quickly a new hype! Or else... We could be condemned to search for new music to listen on what we already have, the nightmare :crying_cat_face:

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #21,550 of 31,833
I think we need very quickly a new hype! Or else... We could be condemned to search for new music to listen on what we already have, the nightmare :crying_cat_face:

We have a company named "Shiit Audio", I'm waiting for an earphone company to name itself "Hype Audio" and starting coming out with headphones like the "Super", "Mega", "Ultra", "Secret", "New", etc... I hear irony is trendy with the younger generations.

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #21,551 of 31,833
Dec 9, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #21,552 of 31,833
Couldn't agree more, I found the CC12 to be mid-centric, meaning vocals were elevated.
I'm treble sensitive and did not find the CC12 to be fatiguing, in the upper frequencies. But the elevated vocals were not to my tastes; kind of rubbed me like an inappropriate, drunk uncle.
I opted to go with the TRN V90s and pass the CC12 to my friend (who lives on 80' Rock); they were a revelation for him and he couldn't be happier.

Good to know that the C12 has strong mids and vocals like the C10. I'm not sure how I feel about the elevated vocals. It helps with some bands like Fleetwood Mac, but it is somewhat jarring. Kinda like putting your TV on 'soap opera' mode.

I'm currently using the ZS-10 Pro for classic rock, and I'm sure the C12 and ZSX are capable performers here.

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #21,553 of 31,833
Just ordered my first pair of CHIFI IEMs! I ended up going for the TFZ T2 Galaxy in Green, bought a SHANLING C3 case as well to hold my Sony DAP and a pair of IEMs...

Future purchases? Blon 03, 4.4 mm cables for both the Blon and TFZ, tips maybe? Maybe Tin T2s? I don't wanna end up with tons of IEMs though hahaha.

People who like the T2 Galaxy really like it. I have one, and I don't use it much. It doesn't seem to be oriented towards my music. But it's a solid purchase.

The Tin Audio T2 is something different, neutrally-tuned, you might need aftermarket tips such as spinfits.

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #21,554 of 31,833
I hear irony is trendy with the younger generations.

39E43C3F-A96E-453F-AF74-4CF47FB46A46.png

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #21,555 of 31,833
I am genuinely wondering, what are Head-Fier's favorite picks in terms of IEM's?
If you had to keep one IEM which one would it be and why?

I noticed everybody has a different taste, so it's always nice to read that one might prefer a particular model, whereas another might dislike the same one. Some people prefer a particular brand over other, and so on. So the question just came up to me, if somebody could keep a single IEM, which one would it be and maybe why would that one be their choice.

Gonna sound strange here, but I think I would keep the Blon BL-01. One of the cheapest IEMs I own at £10.26. It's a real jack of all trades, sounds fine whatever I use as a source, doesn't need an amp. Is it impressive? Not at all. It just lets me listen to the music.

Failing that, I think the CCA C12. No, TRN V90. No. C12...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back