CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 3, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #16,546 of 31,833
Show me **** FR graphs... can`t find it atm. Someone posted somwhere in H-Fi but can`t find atm.
There are graphs on the Phonograph site and on Audio Budget.

Mar 3, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #16,547 of 31,833
Yeah, You`re right. I think I mixed up with some other graph by memory. They are quite "same" at highs but I don`t see how **** is more extended?
They both have littlebit raised lower-highs @ 2-4kHz but **** has less quantity and they both start to roll-off at highs around 5kHz. Anything above 10kHz is off the measuring anyway.
For my personal preferences **** lack sub-bass extension and quantity and 2-5kHz could be tad more raised and even. But this is just my personal taste.
Otherwise **** seems to be very good tuned and judging by graphs could be even better than Tin T3, especially having piezos :)

There are graphs on the Phonograph site and on Audio Budget.
Sorry but in my eyes Phonograph is unreliable.

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #16,548 of 31,833
Yeah, You`re right. I think I mixed up with some other graph by memory. They are quite "same" at highs but I don`t see how **** is more extended?
They both have littlebit raised lower-highs @ 2-4kHz but **** has less quantity and they both start to roll-off at highs around 5kHz. Anything above 10kHz is off the measuring anyway.
For my personal preferences **** lack sub-bass extension and quantity and 2-5kHz could be tad more raised and even. But this is just my personal taste.
Otherwise **** seems to be very good tuned and judging by graphs could be even better than Tin T3, especially having piezos :)
KP has upper treble energy but is like a peak in the upper treble, more narrow
that is a raw graph, the sub bass roll off is very small and under 40hz (around -3db at 20hz compared to the mid bass at 100hz, 20hz energy is in line with the mids at 1khz), the bass is of high quality, very tigh, fast for a dynamic driver, never bloated and can take sub bass EQ without losing control (so that small roll off can be fixed with EQ very easy), the mids are very clean and they are not warm mids, i will call them transparent mids, the depression in the 5-10khz removes any possible hardness or grain from the sound, the treble after 10khz sound very delicate and airy fully extended to my limits (around 16khz) and probably go higher than that (like the graph suggest, accurate or not)
overall exceptional earphones for the price and beyond

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #16,549 of 31,833
Sorry but in my eyes Phonograph is unreliable.
here is the Phonograph measurement, as you can see they measure similar and the sub bass roll off is very small
Screenshot (241).png

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #16,550 of 31,833
KP has upper treble energy but is like a peak in the upper treble, more narrow
Where? Upper-treble is around 7.5kHz-12kHz and there are no peaks, just roll-off from 5kHz down to around 8-9kHz and then fast "rise" into 10-11kHz. And what You mean with "narrow"?
There are some measurements that show "peak" around 8kHz but relative to 1kHz it is "non-existent" and probably caused by insertion depth and resonance of coupler.
To me seems quite "even" and no peaks or dips. I`m sensitive to 6.2-7.5kHz and no peaks around there either to my ears, even with most "harsh&sibilant" tracks.

Mar 3, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #16,553 of 31,833
Like I said before, anything above 10kHz is usually not so accurate anyway and I haven`t detected any peaks by ears so far. Antroid himself also doesn`t hear it.
There are not much instruments and notes usually that have a lot of ~12kHz notes. Cymbals/hi-hat are perfect with KP and as much I have listened to music with violins (I don`t listen much classical with violins) and also haven`t detected peaks or something disturbing. Tenor and alto sax have also been delight so far.
YMMV.

Mar 3, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #16,554 of 31,833
Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #16,556 of 31,833
Like I said before, anything above 10kHz is usually not so accurate anyway and I haven`t detected any peaks by ears so far. Antroid himself also doesn`t hear it.
There are not much instruments and notes usually that have a lot of ~12kHz notes. Cymbals/hi-hat are perfect with KP and as much I have listened to music with violins (I don`t listen much classical with violins) and also haven`t detected peaks or something disturbing. Tenor and alto sax have also been delight so far.
YMMV.
the treble sound like it measures, with a narrow peak in the upper treble, despite your "usually not so accurate" argument

Mar 3, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #16,557 of 31,833
LOL, is there much difference between "starting points 7.5 vs. 8kHz and over 12kHz is anyway usually interpreted as "air".
Pointless arguing imho.

And show me a measurement gear that can measure over 10kHz accurately by standards (which have measured KPE).
Why are we even arguing about this? 12kHz "peak" which is usually not present in MUSIC anyway?
LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back