best sound card under $250? Also: PCI or PCI-Express?
Mar 14, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #61 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratzilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe that when sending a digital signal to the speaker's console, they convert it to analog, amp it, and send it to the speakers. If it's sent analog, it will send the analog signal through the console to the amp, then to the speakers.

Thanks for the help!

Man, wanting good quality sound is expensive

If that's true, I'd guess the Halo would be better. The Good thing is you can go back and forth, just for the fun of it to test!

Mar 14, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #62 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that's true, I'd guess the Halo would be better. The Good thing is you can go back and forth, just for the fun of it to test!

haha the thing is, i would need to guy the halo XT if i wanted to go back and forth! and i'm not sure if it's worth the extra 50-60 bucks

Mar 14, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #63 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratzilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha the thing is, i would need to guy the halo XT if i wanted to go back and forth! and i'm not sure if it's worth the extra 50-60 bucks

I guess you need the surround functions, they do want a lot for the Daughter Card.

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #64 of 91
What I got out of the thread.
popcorn.gif

Quote:

Coors Light, I'm in!!

Quote:

housebreaking-4.jpg

What I have to add to the thread.
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuttleboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will use it for gaming and for listening to music (unamped for now, but maybe an amp later).

Have you picked it up yet? AFAIK, it's the only option for an amped X-Fi that sounds great for music.

Mar 25, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #70 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
didn't know that about the X-Fi Forte to be honest, it says its "implemented for the front panel output" though, so you'd have to wire into it instead of using the card's plug??

You are Soooo Last Week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back