Best Solid State Amp for Senn 650s
Aug 17, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #76 of 78
With a 2000 dollar price range I'd look at the GS-X, having a beta22 built (Probably the best bang for your buck if you can find a good builder who can work with you to find your sound), or the Squarewave XLR. Definitely go balanced. If you can afford 2800 for the Rudistor RP100 I'd throw that into the mix.

Repeat: Goooo balanced.

Aug 17, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #77 of 78
Beta 22 Balanced. Perfectly feasable for your price range, and you could snag a DAC as well.

Aug 17, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #78 of 78
Now that I have heard the HD650 (rewired with RAL cryo'd silver cable) with the LISA III XP I must say this is one of the best candidate if the subject is a solid state amp below US$1,000.

The LISA III XP let the HD650 display those micro details that can be easily missed with other headphone amps. The power is there to drive it effortlessly, and precise instrument imaging and impressive layers while as a whole sonic very organic, involving, but natural.

Connect it to a good source (mine using Benchmark DAC1 USB, a good CD player, or even an iMod) and you are in heaven.

I can hardly think of anything else you may need but not available from a LISA III.

F. Lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back