Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #7,546 of 7,916
  i'm looking for a new audiophile smartphone atm im using my htc m9 or pioneer xdp 100 with inear stage diver2 or shure se535
i would prefer to have a dual sim smartphone because i also have a buisness smartphone that i have to carry all the time.
+ dual sim
+ better than htc m9
+ superb audio
+ available in germany

the samsung galaxy s8 duos is not available here :frowning2:

Hi,

I am just selling my Lenovo Vibe X3 A40 on ebay. (moved to Onkyo Granbeat)
The A40 Version has all the LTE Bands you need in Germany.
Regarding soundquality it should be an upgrade to the M9. Works well with my Nuforce Primo 8 BAs.
If you are interested , send me pm.

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #7,547 of 7,916
i'm looking for a new audiophile smartphone atm im using my htc m9 or pioneer xdp 100 with inear stage diver2 or shure se535
i would prefer to have a dual sim smartphone because i also have a buisness smartphone that i have to carry all the time.
+ dual sim
+ better than htc m9
+ superb audio
+ available in germany

Could you list all phone brand that available in Germay. I should know this input to guide.

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #7,549 of 7,916
  In the UK the only options seems to be

HTC 10 (too small)
ZTE axon 7 (ugly design also ZTE firmware support is pretty bad)

does anyone know of any other options?

So you need import option. 
- Find local dealer that familiar with import phones from other regions. (I think there is in every country)
- Order from aliexpress or liaow.com

Otherwise you need to go for option: any phone + DAP from AMP3 shop.

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #7,550 of 7,916

Wouldn't call the axon 7 "bad" firmware support. Maybe that was the case with zte phones in the pass but the current axon 7 ( and mini) are on constant update and the lastest Android N version. I think they are one of the earliest to update their android version outside of those stock phones.
Beside if bad firmware/software support is your worry then it will also limit your option quite a bit because apart from the lg phones and htc 10, only chinese brands seem to care about hifi phones and almost all of them are really slow at updating their firmware.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #7,551 of 7,916
  Wouldn't call the axon 7 "bad" firmware support. Maybe that was the case with zte phones in the pass but the current axon 7 ( and mini) are on constant update and the lastest Android N version.

And... it's avaiible at Amazon.de which is a huge plus in this case.

See https://www.amazon.de/ZTE-Smartphone-Display-Megapixel-Speicher/dp/B01I092IPC/ and (??) https://www.amazon.de/ZTE-4G-LTE-Smartphone-Vertrag-Rückkamera-Fingerprint/dp/B01JIMX9P8 (same it seems but more expensive)

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #7,552 of 7,916
+ dual sim
+ better than htc m9
+ superb audio
+ available in germany

Meizu Pro 6 Plus from amazon.fr (shouldn't had problem to order there)
Dual sim 
Better sound 
Great specs overall 

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #7,553 of 7,916
  Meizu Pro 6 Plus from amazon.fr (shouldn't had problem to order there)
Dual sim 
Better sound 
Great specs overall 

Nice evolution from the Pro 5 model except they forgot one MAJOR detail: a microsd slot.

Which turns an amazing phone into an almost useless DAP.

That being said, if our friend Booma has to use 2 sim cards, very few phones won't let him do it AND use a microsd slot.

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #7,554 of 7,916
  Hi guys,

Please ignore me if this has been done before, but i was thinking if we could have a list of current available phones with good audio performance approved by the users in the forum as a floating list?

It does become a task for a new user to go through a few 100 pages looking for options.

This guy made a big list of smartphones with dedicated audio chips, worth checking it out if you want more options than the mainstream.

post #6821

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #7,557 of 7,916
  In the UK the only options seems to be

HTC 10 (too small)

does anyone know of any other options?

I have 2 issues with the Axon 7 software broadly:

* Aggressive power management which I couldn't disable without root - Good feature in theory but I couldn't stop it from killing my non-root compatible adblocker (Adguard), seems others have had issues with their music streaming being killed. XDA forums specify a way of disabling it through ADB (google heartyservice) without needing a root but I could only get that to work through terminal app when rooted. Working fine after rooting.

* Issues with running Xposed - Certain xposed modules seem to either cause random restarts or completely prevent it from booting (stuck at logo) forcing me to wipe firmware back to stock. I've given up on Xposed and just don't have it installed at all right now. Maybe there's a certain version that works, it seems on XDA there are people who are using it fine but I don't have the time to experiment.

Fairly annoying issues to troubleshoot initially but now I have them sorted honestly it's a great phone. FYI I have the Chinese (A2017) version with B13 firmware (pre-Nougat).

Extremely similar to V20 spec-wise but comes with AMOLED (love those pure blacks using it at night). Downside is the camera isn't as optimised for night shots as the V20, but the price is also substantially lower.

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #7,559 of 7,916

Nice evolution from the Pro 5 model except they forgot one MAJOR detail: a microsd slot.

Which turns an amazing phone into an almost useless DAP.

That being said, if our friend Booma has to use 2 sim cards, very few phones won't let him do it AND use a microsd slot.

i bought the pro 6, the 64gb version is convenient for me. i'm a tidal subscriber, i simply download the music i want to have on the phone. i'm happy with it.

as always, ymmv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back