Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #7,471 of 7,916
is there anything similar to ulefone vienna just newer and with OS update options, time to move from windows phone as i have lost hope of something new and good happening there this year, but i really hate how updates and bloatware on android work when theres no centralized updates and you often have to void warranty to use clean version. i almost consider using apple for that reason, despite being hardcore apple hater, if only they didnt go full retard on headphone jack...

cant decide between ~200 eur disposable phone to use for a year or two, or a flagship on contract to use for 4+ years(s8 does look sweet, and then theres return of the Nokia, dunno about sq on it though), imho 2017 flagships have reached the point where they are good enough for a long term investment.

vienna seemed nice option but is stuck with old 6th android and i would hate living with dated os, i have to have newest software available.

for a disposable phone im looking for 5.5+ 1080p screen, solid build(lumias had great build quality, at least for the price), clean-ish android, decent sound

im in EU so many obscure phones are out of the question as i want smth i can get locally(warranty and stuff), and they often have dated OS

considering asus, but they are a bit above buy outright price, and my carrier doesnt offer them

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #7,472 of 7,916
  is there anything similar to ulefone vienna just newer and with OS update options, time to move from windows phone as i have lost hope of something new and good happening there this year, but i really hate how updates and bloatware on android work when theres no centralized updates and you often have to void warranty to use clean version. i almost consider using apple for that reason, despite being hardcore apple hater, if only they didnt go full retard on headphone jack...

cant decide between ~200 eur disposable phone to use for a year or two, or a flagship on contract to use for 4+ years(s8 does look sweet, and then theres return of the Nokia, dunno about sq on it though), imho 2017 flagships have reached the point where they are good enough for a long term investment.

vienna seemed nice option but is stuck with old 6th android and i would hate living with dated os, i have to have newest software available.

for a disposable phone im looking for 5.5+ 1080p screen, solid build(lumias had great build quality, at least for the price), clean-ish android, decent sound

im in EU so many obscure phones are out of the question as i want smth i can get locally(warranty and stuff), and they often have dated OS

considering asus, but they are a bit above buy outright price, and my carrier doesnt offer them

In around 200 euro range you can check out BQ Aquaris phones they are supposed to come with decent enough specs and good audio, other than that the Asus zenfone as people here are reporting great sound quality from that, ZTE could be worth a shot but their software is not good. There are not many options in that price range in Europe, depends on whats available in you Country.

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #7,473 of 7,916
In around 200 euro range you can check out BQ Aquaris phones they are supposed to come with decent enough specs and good audio, other than that the Asus zenfone as people here are reporting great sound quality from that, ZTE could be worth a shot but their software is not good. There are not many options in that price range in Europe, depends on whats available in you Country.

My roommate has the ZTE Axon 7 mini, it does sound noticeably better than my Samsung S7 exynos (which doesn't sound bad in the first place).

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #7,475 of 7,916
both are a bit small and htc is a bit above instant buy price and carrier has a reaaaallly bad deal(680 eur) on it

axon 7 mini seems a possible choice if ill decide to compromise on screen size, though UI seems to be bad

what about cheaper end xiaomi/meizu ? 

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #7,480 of 7,916
It seems upcoming HTC flagship HTC 11 is NOT coming with 3.5 mm jack

4 mics for recording (pretty Good) with option for '3D Audio' (sounds gimmicky) and hi-res
Boomsound Multumedia but....

Still no Mention of a discrete DAC

Check it out ..

https://www.androidpit.com/htc-11-price-release-date-specs-features

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #7,482 of 7,916
Anyone looking for a budget hi-res audio-centric phone can try out...
HTC desire 10 lifestyle which shares the same audio (But not the same AMP , i think) and boomsound speakers with Htc 10
But at a fraction of the price ..
Review : http://www.in.techradar.com/reviews/misc/HTC-Desire-10-Lifestyle/articleshow/54422528.cms
Pricing is around 200$ ..
A set of hi-res earbuds from htc are also included with ..(viz. a bonus )

Someone asked for something in this price range in one of the previous posts..
Forgot to mention it then..
I personally have this device ...tried n tested ...

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #7,484 of 7,916
  i will unsubscribe this as onkyo granbeat is the best audio mobile with perfect hardware

might be best mobile audio, but its far from best phone, now if you added that audio to something like s8+ you could close the thread til next year 
biggrin.gif

had a look at htc10 lifestyle, battery seems small and its 720p

im starting to think im just looking for reasons to get flagship, damn buying a phone is just like buying headphones, or bicycle parts, or pc parts, or anything else you enjoy, poor poor wallet....

Apr 8, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #7,485 of 7,916
  might be best mobile audio, but its far from best phone, now if you added that audio to something like s8+ you could close the thread til next year 
biggrin.gif

had a look at htc10 lifestyle, battery seems small and its 720p

im starting to think im just looking for reasons to get flagship, damn buying a phone is just like buying headphones, or bicycle parts, or pc parts, or anything else you enjoy, poor poor wallet....

That's probably why this isn't the majority of Head-Fi subscribers daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back