Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #7,457 of 7,916
How about we stop flaming each other gadget just because they have some weakness to reveal.

As all of us already know that mod are observing this thread, I think we better respect each other to avoid further consequence eg. Locking the thread.

This thread is one part of our journey for all of us.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #7,459 of 7,916
You know , telling this to you , coz its relevant ..
While bricked or such .. after removing battery ..you CAN turn the phone on to recovery mode by using proper button combination while connecting to PC (up/down/up-down etc).

Look, appreciate the help, but it's definitely not a software issue. I followed a long thread on the issue the first time around, and did try recovery. As did everyone else in the thread. It was only possible to get into the recovery menu after exposing the phone to extreme heat or cold. But even then it was temporary. Some people had luck fixing the issue by removing the motherboard and baking it. I decided to stop there, and get a warranty replacement instead. 

Also, if you leave it alone, and it hangs long enough. It restarts, and hangs at the same spot again. Hence the name bootloop.

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #7,460 of 7,916
Look, appreciate the help, but it's definitely not a software issue. I followed a long thread on the issue the first time around, and did try recovery. As did everyone else in the thread. It was only possible to get into the recovery menu after exposing the phone to extreme heat or cold. But even then it was temporary. Some people had luck fixing the issue by removing the motherboard and baking it. I decided to stop there, and get a warranty replacement instead. 

Also, if you leave it alone, and it hangs long enough. It restarts, and hangs at the same spot again. Hence the name bootloop.

ALL SD810 SD808 phones were a 'lost cause.
Like Nexus 6p , HTC M9 , Xperia Z5 , etc..

One way or another all those phones were crap.py be it software or hardware (be it Nexus 6p structural integrity or HTC m9 Camera or charging issue or Z5 camera , overheating )
Overheating , Irratic Software , problematic hardware were a common issue across ALL models

Unfortunately , both LG G4 and LG V10 were from same generation.

You are telling me about ONE issue on V10
..just check Xda and you will find 100s of issues of similar nature for about every device from that generation.

I skipped the whole gen. hence.
Nexus 6 (great phone+good audio) --- > V20 (Exquisite Audio + Maximum no. Software features available on unmodded android )

Like you said..it failed on you ..that can be pretty problematic ...May I suggest finding a SD820 gen. (820 , 625 , 652 etc etc) device

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #7,461 of 7,916
This V10 fault comes from overheating but only indirectly and in a gradually incremental way.

What they did wrong is the type of solder used under the parts that heat most, there are many types of solder expanding with different rates as they heat up, the idea being that you want the whole thing to expand with the same rate, otherwise after so many expand-contract (heat-cool) cycles the solder points show fatigue, (thus initially altering the resistance) and eventually start to crack or completely disconnect.

This is a design / manufacturing fault, and once in motion, that is once the device gets used there is no real return. The practical tricks mentioned, leaving it under the sun so the whole device gets heated evenly so it might work for a bit longer before the points lose contact again, or baking the mainboard in a desperate attempt to reflux the affected solder points are all valid and might work indeed in some cases, but the phenomenon will repeat itself and the solder points will start cracking again.

Of course this is not a first, many years ago Sony did something similar with a line of high-end laptops, which as expected heated up but they designed cooling for that, what they did not plan for is using the wrong solder under the CPU, wrong as in different expansion rate. Laptops died and the lucky owners had this happen under warranty, while unlucky ones...

Kinda reminds me of the infamous IBM DeathStar hard disks although the reason for them was different, they all self destruct nonetheless.

Just my 2c.

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #7,463 of 7,916
Well, can't say 100% myself, depends on the time frame, when the fault on V10s was discovered / documented / analyzed and the production state of the V20s at that point in time, if they designed / started assembling already etc.

Next model after V20 will be safe from that one specific fault for sure, they tend to be extra cautious after such monumental mess-ups.

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #7,464 of 7,916
This thread has LOST its meaning since a certain group of people just dont try to find 'best' audiophile smartphone

Yet a lot of misdurection , misinterpretation to carefully guide prospective buyers/interested geeks away .

Hopefully Mods will take care of that ..

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #7,465 of 7,916
This thread has LOST its meaning since a certain group of people just dont try to find 'best' audiophile smartphone

Yet a lot of misdurection , misinterpretation to carefully guide prospective buyers/interested geeks away .

Hopefully Mods will take care of that ..

So far I'm pretty impressed with the S7 Edge (exynos - after using the "adapt sound" feature).

But I'm sure it's not "the best". So, as of now, what is the "best" smartphone for audiophiles? And what is the best one for those in North America? (or, in Canada in particular)

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #7,466 of 7,916
@artpiggo
You have Dx200... My next big thing ..waitin for its release in my country..
Will it be possible for you to compare Dx200 with V20?
They share the same Hyperstream -ii structure ...hence...

Thanks in Advance :smiley::smiley::smiley:

DX200 surely push out the boundary of pleasant listening experience to next level. Never regret having it. really neutral and good for use as reference to test IEM. Everything is fuller with better separation and micro details are top notch that you don't have to close your eyes and concentrate much compared to smartphone.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #7,467 of 7,916

So far I'm pretty impressed with the S7 Edge (exynos - after using the "adapt sound" feature).

But I'm sure it's not "the best". So, as of now, what is the "best" smartphone for audiophiles? And what is the best one for those in North America? (or, in Canada in particular)

LG V20 with Quad DAC. Somebody said it sounds almost as good as Chord Hugo.

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #7,468 of 7,916
DX200 surely push out the boundary of pleasant listening experience to next level. Never regret having it. really neutral and good for use as reference to test IEM. Everything is fuller with better separation and micro details are top notch that you don't have to close your eyes and concentrate much compared to smartphone.

Can you please elaborate on that ..
I really wanna know..
Or..should i post it on Dx200 forum ?

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #7,469 of 7,916

S7 sounds pretty damn. Amazing if you add a good Amp like fiio A5 or better.

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #7,470 of 7,916
Can you please elaborate on that ..
I really wanna know..
Or..should i post it on Dx200 forum ?

Go read DX200 review. You will understand more. I wrote it also.

If you go to that thread, they will only say DX200 beats LG V20 without further explanation. (Sure it does)

It is hard to explain to make you understand. Can you fly to bangkok and test by yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back