Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #7,441 of 7,916

The HTC 10, Moto X, LG V20 (although there are more bootloop rumors here).
Really depends on what your price point is and what you are looking for in a phone.

T-mobile doesn't carry HTC, or Moto. I like the specs of the v20, but I'd like to avoid LG. I took care of both my v10s extremely well, both looked mint when I got the bootloop. I only ever used OEM charger on both. My first one, it happened on a particularly hot day, while I was playing pokemon. But the most recent one happened on a cool night, while I was simply googling some info.

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #7,442 of 7,916
T-mobile doesn't carry HTC, or Moto. I like the specs of the v20, but I'd like to avoid LG. I took care of both my v10s extremely well, both looked mint when I got the bootloop. I only ever used OEM charger on both. My first one, it happened on a particularly hot day, while I was playing pokemon. But the most recent one happened on a cool night, while I was simply googling some info.

After you took the battery out , what happened ..?

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #7,443 of 7,916
After you took the battery out , what happened ..?

First thing I did was take it out, wait a few minutes, and put it back in. Get's stuck at Life's Good screen. Just like it did on the first one I got. The first one, I tried the trick people said about leaving it on your car dash in the sun to get it to bootup long enough to backup. It worked, booted up, and worked for 2 minutes before shutting off, and back into hanging at the Life's Good screen.The trick wouldn't work a second time. 

This one I didn't even bother, went straight to t-mobile in the morning, and setup for a replacement to be sent out. It's already 2 hours past when they said it'd be in, but nothing yet. 

I loved this phone when it worked. But at this point, it feels like it could bootloop when I need it most. Like a 911 call of some sort.

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #7,444 of 7,916
First thing I did was take it out, wait a few minutes, and put it back in. Get's stuck at Life's Good screen. Just like it did on the first one I got. The first one, I tried the trick people said about leaving it on your car dash in the sun to get it to bootup long enough to backup. It worked, booted up, and worked for 2 minutes before shutting off, and back into hanging at the Life's Good screen.The trick wouldn't work a second time. 

This one I didn't even bother, went straight to t-mobile in the morning, and setup for a replacement to be sent out. It's already 2 hours past when they said it'd be in, but nothing yet. 

I loved this phone when it worked. But at this point, it feels like it could bootloop when I need it most. Like a 911 call of some sort.

As long as its a software one , Most booting problems like this happen with corrupted boot.img . Its not a loop then ..thats what I got confused about ..
Stuck on boot screen ..it is .It can be booting partition error too aka the flash error.
I have seen likes of this issue before ..
Good luck with the next one ..

Try Factory resetting the new device 3-4 times before you start using it . That helps if its flash error .

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #7,445 of 7,916

What really?
I didn't know they dropped both of those, last time I was in a T-Mobile store (was probably 1.5y ago) they had them...

Well then I'm not sure what to recommend.

Apr 6, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #7,447 of 7,916
Taking the battery out DOES NOT fix the bootloop issues.
I've already had a friend who had this issue with his first V10 and they couldn't fix it.

BTW , why do you 'guys' / 'gals' call it boot'loop' ...
It aint Bootloop..that happens in bricked devices
Its "stuck on boot screen issue"
One can ALWAYS..(if he has the know-how ) force boot the phone into bootloader (key combination n power) connect it to PC and proceed there on..No tricks is required..

From Fastboot mode
1.Erase Boot partition (Pc command ADB tools , ADB driver required) system partition.
2.Shut phone down (force power key )
3.Force boot into recovery
4.Factory Reset..(Recovery will re-write those partitions )
The Phone now has a very good chance of booting up successfully and may even get rid of the issue permanently
Its the LITTLE know-hows..that MATTER MOST of the time .

Apr 6, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #7,448 of 7,916
BTW , why do you 'guys' / 'gals' call it boot'loop' ...
It aint Bootloop..that happens in bricked devices
Its "stuck on boot screen issue"
One can ALWAYS..(if he has the know-how ) force boot the phone into bootloader (key combination n power) connect it to PC and proceed there on..No tricks is required..

From Fastboot mode
1.Erase Boot partition (Pc command ADB tools , ADB driver required) system partition.
2.Shut phone down (force power key )
3.Force boot into recovery
4.Factory Reset..(Recovery will re-write those partitions )
The Phone now has a very good chance of booting up successfully and may even get rid of the issue permanently
Its the LITTLE know-hows..that MATTER MOST of the time .

Sometimes this doesn't work and the phone won't go into recovery mode at all.

Apr 6, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #7,449 of 7,916
My first one I tried to get into recovery mode, and it was only able to after doing the heat it up on sunny dash trick.

I didn't even bother with the second one. I just got my replacement right now. The girl at the counter said even though every device comes in for warranty replacements, LG does so significantly more than others in her experience. 

What really?
I didn't know they dropped both of those, last time I was in a T-Mobile store (was probably 1.5y ago) they had them...

Well then I'm not sure what to recommend.

Yea, it looks like they only carry flagships for LG, samsung, and apple now. Really crappy selection.

Apr 6, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #7,450 of 7,916
Sometimes this doesn't work and the phone won't go into recovery mode at all.

Then you must be doing something wrong..(like i have seen button combination for forced recovery getting changed after phone gets bricked)
Or ,
Since you wanna know ..here is a piece of code for fastboot
fastboot boot recovery.img
Where recovery.img needs to be downloaded.

Apr 6, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #7,451 of 7,916
Then you must be doing something wrong..(like i have seen button combination for forced recovery getting changed after phone gets bricked)
Or ,
Since you wanna know ..here is a piece of code for fastboot
fastboot boot recovery.img
Where recovery.img needs to be downloaded.

There is YET another way for locked bootloader devices..
1.using developers cable
2.qualcomm download mode (.kdz files)

There are Ways ....just so you know..

Apr 6, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #7,452 of 7,916
LG is so good in their ways to include a removable battery...
Any... And i DO MEAN any software issue..(including corrupted bootloader!!! The most serious one)
1.Remove the battery (immediately Stops any bootloop or such)
2.Connect the phone to PC using OEM cable (Most guide sites for this , Forgot to mention this !!!)
3.use proper button while connecting (Volume Up mostly)
4.Using the flash tool flash the Kdz file ..
Voila..thats it

For non removable battery you can not immediately use this , since force pressing power button does not always lead to switching
Off..you gotta wait till batrery depletes

Apr 6, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #7,453 of 7,916
My first one I tried to get into recovery mode, and it was only able to after doing the heat it up on sunny dash trick.

I didn't even bother with the second one. I just got my replacement right now. The girl at the counter said even though every device comes in for warranty replacements, LG does so significantly more than others in her experience. 

Yea, it looks like they only carry flagships for LG, samsung, and apple now. Really crappy selection.

You know , telling this to you , coz its relevant ..
While bricked or such .. after removing battery ..you CAN turn the phone on to recovery mode by using proper button combination while connecting to PC (up/down/up-down etc).

Apr 6, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #7,454 of 7,916

Thats a damn shame, maybe look for a sale and pick up a 10 on the HTC website.
They offer PayPal Credit payments so you can often buy it cheaper there than even your store offers on the monthly payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back