Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #7,426 of 7,916
  In Thailand, official dealer will import no quad dac version and only come with 32 GB.

Therefore if we want quad dac, we need to find imports from HK or KR (Price now is $740). Actually, I see some people bought already but no one has a proper SQ review. Most of it are showing camera quality instead.

Is it 100% models from HK and KR have quad DAC? :wink:
There are some proposals on ebay already from there, but of course usually price is higher than you mentioned...

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #7,427 of 7,916
I bought my LG V20 in India ..2 of em.
The price is all time low..in www.amazon.in
568 $ (US) per piece..
BnO tuned Version with free BnO headsets (180$ worth in US) with each..
Got 100 gb google storage (2 years) as promised
6 months evernote premium
Registered in LG site...
Not a single problem each ..
Again amazon.in provides a 15-16 days return (exchange) window if you feel you need to change , no questions asked.
Indian Version comes with Play Store preinstalled.
these are actually Made in India
These are FACTS.

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #7,428 of 7,916
Please re-check your statement..

I bought my LG V20 in India ..2 of em.
The price is all time low..in www.amazon.in
568 $ (US) per piece..
BnO tuned Version with free BnO headsets (180$ worth in US) with each..
Got 100 gb google storage (2 years) as promised
6 months evernote premium
Registered in LG site...
Not a single problem each ..
Again amazon.in provides a 15-16 days return (exchange) window if you feel you need to change , no questions asked.
Indian Version comes with Play Store preinstalled.
these are actually Made in India
These are FACTS.
Its upto you whether these are 'sufficient' for quality control / maintenance

despite all this, I still couldn't give LG the benefit of the doubt because the track record of them failing to make good on the fatal bootloading flaw made my purchasing decision very tough. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #7,429 of 7,916
Google PIXEL, for its battery and technical qualities. Also responsive Android OS, that can install most apps you may need.

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #7,430 of 7,916
Google PIXEL, for its battery and technical qualities. Also responsive Android OS, that can install most apps you may need.

Yes agree nice high quality phone. It also feels nicely compact and ergonomic for a 5" phone.

Just the price really but I would consider one next time when my current phone eventually dies.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #7,431 of 7,916
Yes agree nice high quality phone. It also feels nicely compact and ergonomic for a 5" phone.

Just the price really but I would consider one next time when my current phone eventually dies.

I'm also interested in Motorola Moto Z, they have a modular port. With that modular port it is possible to attach an external DAC/Amp along with the phone, without rubber bands or cables.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #7,432 of 7,916

I'm also interested in Motorola Moto Z, they have a modular port. With that modular port it is possible to attach an external DAC/Amp along with the phone, without rubber bands or cables.

Heck, you can even attach an external speaker and listen while taking a shower or glorious poop :)

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #7,433 of 7,916
  Heck, you can even attach an external speaker and listen while taking a shower or glorious poop :)

I still think they could do more with the Mods though, their's lots more potential. A very clever concept. I don't think they've introduced a DAC amp attachment yet.

I like Motorola too (still have original Moto X) but like most phones they keep do getting bigger each year!

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #7,436 of 7,916
I'm currently waiting for my 2nd warranty replacement LG v10, both for bootloop issue. I'm also due for upgrade soon as t-mobile. As much as I liked the v10 when it works, and the specs of the v20. Want to avoid LG for the quality issues. Which phones offered by t-mobile should I be looking at?

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #7,437 of 7,916
No DAC/AMP attachment yet for the Moto Z.  I've been keeping an eye out since I got the phone maybe 8 months ago.  I've kind of given up hope, the USB-C to headphone adapter is a pain, hard to find a good one and they periodically fail.  I've probably bought half a dozen of them at least.  I honestly wouldn't recommend it for audio.  Volume is lacking.  The concept for mods is awesome, I think it's one of the most exciting possibilities to come along in a long time.  The biggest problem, to me, is the limitations in future phone designs to support it.  Word is the next Moto phone to support mods will also be just a 5.5" screen.  If you are good with that, great, but personally I like a larger screen and I miss my S6 Edge+ 5.7" and will be going to a 6.2" S8 because I know the new Moto will be the same small 5.5" screen.  As for audio, I hope the S8 is better than previous Galaxy phones, and I've heard it may be.  If it's not, then there's always FiiO portable MP3 players until the smartphone market really gets with it for audio.

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #7,438 of 7,916

I think all credibility was lost the moment he mentioned m8. SoundQuality wise m8 is garbage compared to axon 7 mini/ axon 7 anf lg v series etc. It makes many songs impossible to listen to. As a phone it is ok, but as a media player it only has the amp going for it, sound just s****.

What are you even saying?
You make literally no sense.
The Axon is better, but it also wasn't out when the M8 is out.
The M8 still has respectable performance despite there being better devices out now.

To say that I have no credibility because a new phone came out is just absurd.
If you cannot handle the internet, don't go on it.

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #7,439 of 7,916
  sorry the ninja edit didnt work out for you, but I have you QFP in the post above. No, I'm not a HTC m8 user, nor am I a v10/20 user... I'm a prospective buyer trying to sift through your ******** in this derailed thread. I'm a samsung user using a e18... but I don't think that matters in your holy crusade against HTC users. But yeah, probably gonna give the m8 a shot considering it's pricepoint. 

its a great phone especially for the price today!
  I'm currently waiting for my 2nd warranty replacement LG v10, both for bootloop issue. I'm also due for upgrade soon as t-mobile. As much as I liked the v10 when it works, and the specs of the v20. Want to avoid LG for the quality issues. Which phones offered by t-mobile should I be looking at?

The HTC 10, Moto X, LG V20 (although there are more bootloop rumors here).
Really depends on what your price point is and what you are looking for in a phone.

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #7,440 of 7,916
Any htc m8 available today , should be only but ' manufacturer refurbished '(indicating possible malfunction previously ; returned by user etc ), or used (thats good coz one knows what he is getting ) whether the seller says that or not..
One of my friends got fooled that way buying a supposedly new iphone from ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back