Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #7,413 of 7,916
If they actually released the V20s or V34 or whatever they want to call it in north america, i'd buy it in a second.

I'm kinda glad it's not. The water resistance of my S5 has come in handy a few times (ie saved my butt!). And walking around in the rain or snow and being able to use the camera is cool as well. I just upgraded to the s7 edge, but if the v20 was available in Canada, I would have had a tough decision to make!

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #7,414 of 7,916
Apr 5, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #7,415 of 7,916
As so many people are speaking about HTC, maybe someone can tell me if the M8 matches the sound quality of the HTC10? I mean just the pure sound coming from it, without useless stuff like Boomsound or additional Equalizers.

Thing is, i just sold my HTC10 because i didn`t like the camera and the screen was a little too small for my taste, and so i bought a Huwei P9 plus. It`s a great phone, but i can`t stand listening to this thing. The SQ is just horrible. I thought i could live with it for a month until money arrives and then buy something like a Fiio X5 (can`t afford it right now), but seriously, i will probably kill myself if i have to listen to this thing for a month. The 10 had an amazing sound,and so i thought if the M8 sounds similiar, i just buy a used one from Ebay and will use it as a music player. I thought about a Fiio X1 or something similiar priced , like a cheap USB dac for example, but the HTC10 sounds better than most of them and if the M8 reaches it`s SQ, i`d rather buy it as the cost would be probably around 80 - 100€ and it`s more than just a music player.

Anyone who heard and compared them here?

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #7,416 of 7,916
I bought the LG V10. Liked the sq hate LG. Despite the bootloop problems appearing more and more common as time goes by, LG still ain't doing **** to own up to their design flaws.

The damn phone's ridiculous heat ****ed up my microsd card too:frowning2:

Also I am starting to get ghost images on my screen which LG won't fix without charging me an arm for it... I am now waiting to try out htc 10 successor this year to decide what to replace this junk(v10) with.

So yeah damn you LG for such poor design and bad Customer service...

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #7,417 of 7,916
Unfortunately I've never heard the htc 10, but I've heard it sounds significantly better than the m8. I would get a 10 if it had 64g (that red one looks sweet). Also if photos are important, I wouldn't recommend the m8 (good enough for me though). Also, the v20 is available on Rogers in Canada now :blush:

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #7,418 of 7,916
I bought the LG V10. Liked the sq hate LG. Despite the bootloop problems appearing more and more common as time goes by, LG still ain't doing **** to own up to their design flaws.

The damn phone's ridiculous heat ****ed up my microsd card too:frowning2:

Also I am starting to get ghost images on my screen which LG won't fix without charging me an arm for it... I am now waiting to try out htc 10 successor this year to decide what to replace this junk(v10) with.

So yeah damn you LG for such poor design and bad Customer service...

As per different design leaks ..the flagship HTC (HtC 11 supposedly) will NOT feature a headphone jack..
We already have seen it happeninh in HTC U Ultra.
That can cause some problems per my view

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #7,420 of 7,916
Koreans made the audio test of LG G6.
This smartphone looks very tasty in all senses.
I wonder if VIVO XPlay 6 (XPlay 5s) would compete it. Otherwise see no competitors for it...

I have the V20 (BnO tuned) in all its glory , but still looking for an A/B comparison with LG G6 ..
Differences will be small but still need to bw sure.
Do you have any such link that you can share..?

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #7,422 of 7,916
  As so many people are speaking about HTC, maybe someone can tell me if the M8 matches the sound quality of the HTC10? I mean just the pure sound coming from it, without useless stuff like Boomsound or additional Equalizers.

Thing is, i just sold my HTC10 because i didn`t like the camera and the screen was a little too small for my taste, and so i bought a Huwei P9 plus. It`s a great phone, but i can`t stand listening to this thing. The SQ is just horrible. I thought i could live with it for a month until money arrives and then buy something like a Fiio X5 (can`t afford it right now), but seriously, i will probably kill myself if i have to listen to this thing for a month. The 10 had an amazing sound,and so i thought if the M8 sounds similiar, i just buy a used one from Ebay and will use it as a music player. I thought about a Fiio X1 or something similiar priced , like a cheap USB dac for example, but the HTC10 sounds better than most of them and if the M8 reaches it`s SQ, i`d rather buy it as the cost would be probably around 80 - 100€ and it`s more than just a music player.

Anyone who heard and compared them here?

Not even close, if people are to be belived here. The htc 10 should be way better without a contest. Htc one m8 is not good sounding device in my opinion, it is ok but not what I would call good or suggest anyone to buy for just audio. But with thing like the Beatles- rain/ wait/ taxman/ im only sleeping, these songs where completely destroyed by it, it has no chance of playing them back even close to properly,  ear bleed from that phone with the same headphones as on my axon 7 or even my bros samsung galaxy s7 can produce better quality sound

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #7,423 of 7,916
I have the V20 (BnO tuned) in all its glory , but still looking for an A/B comparison with LG G6 ..
Differences will be small but still need to bw sure.
Do you have any such link that you can share..?

Unfortunately not. Actually now it's out in Korea, maybe other Asia will be next. Then will be out in US, though not sure if good-stuffed version in audio sense, i've heard there might be version without dedicated DAC, too. Europe might follow the last one... So i think at least a month we will have to wait.
There are some reviews in media - ppl got engineer samples. But they do not test its audio thoroughly - it's rather a general review. And moreover - there is no some detailed comparison with LG V20.

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #7,424 of 7,916
Unfortunately not. Actually now it's out in Korea, maybe other Asia will be next. Then will be out in US, though not sure if good-stuffed version in audio sense, i've heard there might be version without dedicated DAC, too. Europe might follow the last one... So i think at least a month we will have to wait.
There are some reviews in media - ppl got engineer samples. But they do not test its audio thoroughly - it's rather a general review. And moreover - there is no some detailed comparison with LG V20.

I strongly advise all fellow headfiers to not buy an LG outside the country you reside in. Especially not in Asian countries where consumer protection isn't as good as the West. LG customers service is the worst I ever encountered.
Their quality control and design is also abysmal. I never experienced bootloop, overheating destroying my microsd card or ghost image until my first LG phone. So a combination of poor customer service and unreliable quality control is really a bad choice for anyone to import their phones from overseas.

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #7,425 of 7,916

In Thailand, official dealer will import no quad dac version and only come with 32 GB.

Therefore if we want quad dac, we need to find imports from HK or KR (Price now is $740). Actually, I see some people bought already but no one has a proper SQ review. Most of it are showing camera quality instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back