Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #7,366 of 7,916
I think a lot of credibility is lost by mentioning the speaker of ANY mobile phone. They are all utterly pathetic in comparison to the most humble of real speakers or the the very poorest headphones. Not a serious source of musical presentation, the very lowest of low Fidelity. Should be used for phone calls only or you tube. AIMO.

So True ..

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #7,367 of 7,916
Don't know how I missed all of this, cause I really enjoy such things.

Anyways, the way I see it, the so-called speakers on mobile devices belong in the category of 'better than having no speakers at all', which is fine by me cause I wouldn't like a mobile device with no speakers at all.

BTW, I use those 'speakers' to have my phone play a cuckoo sound on top of the hour and at half hour, and it seems them 'speakers' are fine for doing that.

Just my 2c.

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #7,369 of 7,916
I couldn't find much on Asus website other than 5 magnet speaker and hi-res audio. I am more concerned audio quality and SQ via 3.5mm audio jack and if it will be able to power planar headphones.
So does it really offer a good audio comparable to lg v10 or HTC 10?

Yes, it does, at least from memory, I don't think the V10 outperforms it. Concerning Planars, I don't have any right now to test it out, but since I can't go louder than 60% volume with the InEar ProPhile-8, I guess it will drive low impedance headphones (full size) with no problems.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #7,371 of 7,916
I couldn't find much on Asus website other than 5 magnet speaker and hi-res audio. I am more concerned audio quality and SQ via 3.5mm audio jack and if it will be able to power planar headphones.
So does it really offer a good audio comparable to lg v10 or HTC 10?

The V10 drives my Fostex T50rp mk3 fairly well. Those planars require a bit of power. But my V10 does need close to full volume to get them loud. 

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #7,372 of 7,916
Doing a shoot out between the V10 and HTC 10. As expected the differences are miniscule. The HTC 10 might be a tad more full sounding, but just barely. They both sound excellent. 

Tested with only flac files, mainly electronic music and some JH Roxanne's.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #7,373 of 7,916
Personally 5.7+ is just too big and only makes sense for people who cannot afford televisions at their homes.

Jim. I normally agree with +80% of your comment except for this. I got the ipad pro and huawei m3 for tablets. But i would not go for a phone under 5.5”

Anything under is for people with small hands like the Donald... I can type with one hand via swift mode with lg v10. So...

But yes, htc makes better phone than LG. SQ is on par with the v10 & v20. Bettee firmware and nonloose h.o. nonsense.

If you got a decent size hand 5.7” aint nothing. I can also type with one hand with one max and play a few numbers from Liszt&Rachmaninoff on the piano..

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #7,374 of 7,916
Doing a shoot out between the V10 and HTC 10. As expected the differences are miniscule. The HTC 10 might be a tad more full sounding, but just barely. They both sound excellent. 

Agreed. M10 sounds thicker and beefy. Nice SQ! But too small... Although it prob would make my other body parts look bigger. I mean my hands and head^.-

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #7,376 of 7,916

Agree. I have both and for SQ alone I can't declare a winner.

One wonder what dac they put inside the H10 to get this audio quality.....:sunglasses:

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #7,377 of 7,916
Jim. I normally agree with +80% of your comment except for this. I got the ipad pro and huawei m3 for tablets. But i would not go for a phone under 5.5”

Anything under is for people with small hands like the Donald... I can type with one hand via swift mode with lg v10. So...

But yes, htc makes better phone than LG. SQ is on par with the v10 & v20. Bettee firmware and nonloose h.o. nonsense.

If you got a decent size hand 5.7” aint nothing. I can also type with one hand with one max and play a few numbers from Liszt&Rachmaninoff on the piano..

I'm not too big of a fan of large phones, I know some others like them but I don't see the point really.

But its fine if others do, I mean obviously people are interested in them and buy them or companies wouldn't make them. Which is why alot of the tiny phones went away. But the HTC 10 certainly isn't "small" even if its not 5.5".

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #7,378 of 7,916
The V10 drives my Fostex T50rp mk3 fairly well. Those planars require a bit of power. But my V10 does need close to full volume to get them loud. 

I also have Fostex T50rp MK3 and this was exactly what I wanted to know. I am currently using vivo v3. It has AKM 4375 DAC I am not sure if they have an amp on board. T50rp sounds ok if I put it on full volume on vivo v3. The only reason why I am looking for a new phone is because headphone jack seems to have run into some issues.
I had a vivo x3s before this. That one definitely had better SQ, it was having ess9018 mk2.
Expected same level from vivo v3, but was slightly disappointed, probably because the tuning was a little different. So started the search for a new phone and now following this thread. :)

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #7,380 of 7,916
I think a lot of credibility is lost by mentioning the speaker of ANY mobile phone. They are all utterly pathetic in comparison to the most humble of real speakers or the the very poorest headphones. Not a serious source of musical presentation, the very lowest of low Fidelity. Should be used for phone calls only or you tube. AIMO.

I think all credibility was lost the moment he mentioned m8. SoundQuality wise m8 is garbage compared to axon 7 mini/ axon 7 anf lg v series etc. It makes many songs impossible to listen to. As a phone it is ok, but as a media player it only has the amp going for it, sound just s****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back