Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #7,158 of 7,916
tbh, I just started on the USB DAC thingy. I'll try a lot of them and will find my taste I'm sure.
If 130E are worth it what is inside? No, because Fiio builds the K1 for 50E.
But are audiophile really looking into this? I've stopped asking myself that.
My limit is 150E for an audio device after my Z2Pro, which was 300E = 450E total. That's an HTC 10 or similar already.
What I like about that USB DAC thingy is that I can switch them by today's music taste if I feel for classical or rocky music.
Shanling UP is rock. Nice but not harsh highs, and awesome but not too much bass.

Cheers

Too expensive when you could just get an HTC 10.

I have heard good things about he Shanling UP but I have a FiiO K1 and its fine too.

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #7,160 of 7,916
There's no comparison, HTC 10 is a different beast, don't compare it with older models and don't assume anything if you didn't listen to it.
It has a better DAC and AMP that has nothing to do with regular Qualcomm audio.
As a matter of fact it's the opposite of "flat" and it has plenty "meat-n-juice" :)
Read this:
https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdragon/2016/06/02/qualcomm-aqstic-sets-new-standard-audiophiles

Seriously, people who haven't heard the source should shut the ef up about the SQ of the source... Even after we hear it sounds could be pretty subjective. But useless speculation is not helping anyone.

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #7,161 of 7,916
Seriously, people who haven't heard the source should shut the ef up about the SQ of the source... Even after we hear it sounds could be pretty subjective. But useless speculation is not helping anyone.

You suggest me to shut up? I have expressed my opinion about models M7 and M8, that I had listened to. As to 10th, I said 'maybe'. So, you say Aqstic is a step forward. Great. I will listen to and express my SUBJECTIVE opinion :)
But if HTC at least once put a DEDICATED DAC and separate AMPLIFIER into their hi-end models instead of some all-in-one solutions, there would be more sense to discuss its sound here...

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #7,165 of 7,916
  go to the HTC 10 thread here

No it does not, it has the integrated qualcomm dac, not a dedicated and separate Amp.

Its called Qualcomm WCD9335 DAC (Aqstic)

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2016/12/13/behind-scenes-qualcomm-aqstic-and-aptx-audio-tech

But here is where Qualcomm is making a meaningful difference as the HTC 10 does not actually include a third-party DAC (digital to analog converter), like the LG V20 – although it is worth pointing out the the V20 does also include the SD820. Instead it makes use of Aqstic as part of the Snapdragon 820 make-up. 

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/10/feature-qualcomms-aqstic-could-be-the-future-of-mobile-audio.html

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #7,169 of 7,916
Of course it has, but the 10 has a dedicated amp. 
biggrin.gif
 Game changer compared to all the phones i have owned

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #7,170 of 7,916
The amp is the important part most modern dacs will do a good job. The aqustic dac seems good enough. I think htc have worked on their own amp circuit which makes the huge difference to other snapdragon 820 based phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back