Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #7,054 of 7,916
Congrats and share your thoughts vs LG V20

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #7,055 of 7,916
Just a short impression which I think is the most prominent point of xplay 6 is depth soundstage and instrument separation which hardly found in previous device.

It is very easy to notice the sound coming from back. Some songs I even turn my neck back to see if someone is knocking the door.

Instead of ESS sabre dac, It sounds so musical with 64 U12. feeling something like AK300.

But let me adapt my ear perception a bit. I might be wrong. will create a full review some time.

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #7,056 of 7,916
Just a short impression which I think is the most prominent point of xplay 6 is depth soundstage and instrument separation which hardly found in previous device.

It is very easy to notice the sound coming from back. Some songs I even turn my neck back to see if someone is knocking the door.

Instead of ESS sabre dac, It sounds so musical with 64 U12. feeling something like AK300.

But let me adapt my ear perception a bit. I might be wrong. will create a full review some time.

Sounds like we got a new champion. But still it's too early to say that especially with contenders like le max and v20 which will be interesting to compare with.

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #7,057 of 7,916
I am really liking the look of the zte nubia z11 with the black and gold looks fantastic.

Don't know the audio performance although it does claim to have an akm dac /headphone amp.

Does anybody have any more info on this?

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #7,058 of 7,916
Blackberry DTEK60 has excellent audio, both via speakers or headphone. I didn't buy for the audio, but its been a beautiful surprise.

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #7,059 of 7,916
  Le Eco does not seem to be advertising Le HiFi anymore in their second and third series phones and of course removing the headphone jack is just like a huge fuch you to anyone who cares about sound quality. So I think LeTV/LeEco has abandoned the audiophile market as irrelevant just like many other manufacturers have done in the past.

You are absolutely right and it's a real pissing off, because many ppl still need a good sound in smartphone :frowning2:

Recently had a chance to compare Xiaomi Mi Note Pro (i was interested in this device for a while) and my current VIVO X6 Plus.
I must confess I was disappointed with Xiaomi: the sound is noticeably less detailed and more "simple" than in VIVO :frowning2:
Even before I was able to compare my VIVO with audio players. And now I feel relieved, because to my ear, it's pretty on par with mid-range players like AK100, Cayin i5, etc.
What i'm still missing in VIVO X6 Plus is a resolution on fast musical passages: it's a bit a potato mash then, I suspect because of 'slow' amplifier...

Artpiggo, welcome to VIVO gang, at last! =)))

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #7,061 of 7,916

He he
cool.gif

Looking great! Where did you buy it from?

Also, will it get Nougat update in the future?

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #7,062 of 7,916

There is no comparison, the HTC10 kills the S6 in every way.

Yeah, finally I bought the HTC 10, I have it for 6 days now and I'm very happy with it.

Some impressions:

I didn't own a "better sounding" mobile device until now, apart from regular phones and my old iPod Classic, and being a bit sensitive to treble and high mids I was afraid that the "Hi-Res" label and better DAC may translate to more treble sensitiveness, but it isn't like that at all, on the contrary.

I read here that the HTC 10 is considered as warmer sounding, and I agree, but to me it is perfect. And I discovered that I was in fact sensitive to bad sounding bright treble out of bad players and not to treble per se.
The treble in HTC 10 sounds perfectly clean and crystal clear when it's supposed to, and never bright, and I love it.

Other than that I was afraid that "better" meaning to a lot of people "louder", that's the only thing what I would get, but again, not like that at all. Compared to my Nexus 6P, I can truly experience every quality that is described with better devices like better separation, layering, sound texture in all frequencies, refinement, clean background, dynamics, body, authority. Because of all this qualities, I found that I can play my music louder without feeling aggressed by the sound, everything sounds as it's supposed to, more natural, effortless and enveloping.

All my headphones sound better with the HTC 10, and I no longer have to EQ for annoying brightness and tinny vocals.
And when I need more oomph, I just turn on the BoomSound with a profile for my headphones, and it sounds perfect. Not bloated, just more fun.

So YES!, now I'm a believer!

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #7,063 of 7,916

Yeah, finally I bought the HTC 10, I have it for 6 days now and I'm very happy with it.

Some impressions:

I didn't own a "better sounding" mobile device until now, apart from regular phones and my old iPod Classic, and being a bit sensitive to treble and high mids I was afraid that the "Hi-Res" label and better DAC may translate to more treble sensitiveness, but it isn't like that at all, on the contrary.

I read here that the HTC 10 is considered as warmer sounding, and I agree, but to me it is perfect. And I discovered that I was in fact sensitive to bad sounding bright treble out of bad players and not to treble per se.
The treble in HTC 10 sounds perfectly clean and crystal clear when it's supposed to, and never bright, and I love it.

Other than that I was afraid that "better" meaning to a lot of people "louder", that's the only thing what I would get, but again not like that at all. Compared to my Nexus 6P, I can truly experience every quality that is described with better devices like better separation, layering, sound texture in all frequencies, refinement, cleanness, body, authority. Because of all this qualities, I found that I can play my music louder without feeling aggressed by the sound, everything sounds is as it's supposed to, more natural, effortless and enveloping.

All my headphones sound better with the HTC 10, and I no longer have to EQ for annoying brightness and tinny vocals.
And when I need more oomph, I just turn the BoomSound with a profile for my headphones, and it sounds perfect. Not bloated, just more fun.

So YES!, now I'm a believer!

Glad you are enjoying it!

It really is a wonderful phone with awesome SQ

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #7,064 of 7,916

Glad you are enjoying it!

It really is a wonderful phone with awesome SQ

Thanks!
It's true, and apart from the audio qualities it is also a very good phone in general in the hardware department, clean android, with very little manufacturer apps pre-installed, that can all be disabled or replaced. It runs as smooth or even better that the Nexus 6P and in a very short time I was able to make it look like a pure Nexus (or Pixel) phone with a custom launcher (Action 3), icon pack (Pixel Icon Pack) and the new Google GBoard as system keyboard. The only thing that is not as good is the display viewing angles, that shift brightness very quickly when viewed off-angle. The amoled in the Nexus 6P is much better, but I always remember how awesome it sounds, and I can forgive it for that :)

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #7,065 of 7,916

Thanks!
It's true, and apart from the audio qualities it is also a very good phone in general in the hardware department, clean android, with very little manufacturer apps pre-installed, that can all be disabled or replaced. It runs as smooth or even better that the Nexus 6P and in a very short time I was able to make it look like a pure Nexus (or Pixel) phone with a custom launcher (Action 3), icon pack (Pixel Icon Pack) and the new Google GBoard as system keyboard. The only thing that is not as good is the display viewing angles, that shift brightness very quickly when viewed off-angle. The amoled in the Nexus 6P is much better, but I always remember how awesome it sounds, and I can forgive it for that :)

Yes you are right about that, but its actually not because of the display brightness its because the display is polarized for better usage in the sun.
It has that side affect I have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back