Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #6,751 of 7,916
I have HTC Sony LG and Huawei. I think LG is the worst!! My app shortcuts would occasionally disappear from my desktop window on my v10... What!! This **** never happened with any other brands I owned.

I also get some random weird error messages from my v10.... Unless they up their game significantly this year, I won't bother with their products again...

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #6,753 of 7,916
i barely got my meizu pro 6 like ~3 months ago, but if the pro 6 plus is available in europe with this red finish, this is definitely going to be my next phone. looks awesome in red.

http://www.gsmarena.com/flames_red_meizu_pro_6_plus_shows_up_in_live_images-news-23360.php

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #6,754 of 7,916
Any suggestions for something under $150? My idea is sticking in a 128GB SD and listening to FLAC files with good headphones. I tried the PPTV KING and it works fine, sound-wise, but the phone began to give me problems straight away and the customer service from banggood suggested that I don't buy the same one because the quality is not stable.

Thanks.

Hmmm a little tough....What level of SQ are you looking for? Also are you in the US?

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #6,755 of 7,916
interesting, if that turns out to be true, there will be even less difference between G and V series.

Yes, the G6 will then very much be like the Japanese V34 Isai Beat, but perhaps even better.

The rumoured 5.7 inch screen is 1440 x 2880 pixels so that would equal a 5.2 inch screen of the old 1440 x 2560 ratio. So it could very well be a couple of millimeters smaller than the G5.

I like that.

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #6,756 of 7,916
  i barely got my meizu pro 6 like ~3 months ago, but if the pro 6 plus is available in europe with this red finish, this is definitely going to be my next phone. looks awesome in red.

http://www.gsmarena.com/flames_red_meizu_pro_6_plus_shows_up_in_live_images-news-23360.php

Looking so good in that red. Be sure to tell us how it sounds if you go for it

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #6,757 of 7,916
Another friend has a G5 that gets stuck in bootloops, my other friend has a Nexus 5 (that is LG) and it has 0 battery life and the buttons broke down after about 1.5 years and she has to press them very hard.

Nexus 5 was my best android experience, even better than my HTC jewel. I gave it to my brother 3 years back when I upgraded to LG G3, which its software a bit bloated, but still speedy OOTB. I gave it to my mom last year.

Both of them still ok, and no complaint until now, not even weak battery.

Based on my personal experience LG still one of the better manufacturer.

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #6,759 of 7,916
Then mini is not the way to go if you want bass driven sound, it is neutral. That said it does have good bass but in no way is it a bass driven source also would not call it warm, atleast with neither of my iem's

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #6,761 of 7,916
Gigaset Me Pro can be bought for around 210USD from Chinese sites, like geekbuying for instance, I doubt you can beat that price with any other phone as it is a solid smartphone with a great sound quality, way better than V10 from my point of view and as phone it is great built one, with great display, premium look, sd card support and a great camera during day light , unfortunately that same camera is almost unusable during the night or low light conditions, that why I sold it, otherwise for that price it is a winner

cheers

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #6,762 of 7,916
For a more bass driven sound the htc 10, or marshall london

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #6,763 of 7,916
Hi Guys, I'm really interested with the LG G6.. Actually I'm debating between the Onkyo Granbeat and the G6 because of the Granbeat's size. There is one question that will help me determine though..

At the last press conference about the LG G6's DAC they wrote:

"■ Exceptional sound balance provides a sense of depth

The new quad DAC applied to the 'LG G6' effectively controls the left and right earphones separately to control the left and right earphones separately. Also, by adjusting the balance of sound, listeners can feel the stereoscopic feeling of listening to music directly at the concert scene"

Is that mean that you could use balanced cable and connector with the G6 like you could with the Onkyo Granbeat?

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #6,764 of 7,916
Hi Guys, I'm really interested with the LG G6.. Actually I'm debating between the Onkyo Granbeat and the G6 because of the Granbeat's size. There is one question that will help me determine though..

At the last press conference about the LG G6's DAC they wrote:

"■ Exceptional sound balance provides a sense of depth

The new quad DAC applied to the 'LG G6' effectively controls the left and right earphones separately to control the left and right earphones separately. Also, by adjusting the balance of sound, listeners can feel the stereoscopic feeling of listening to music directly at the concert scene"

Is that mean that you could use balanced cable and connector with the G6 like you could with the Onkyo Granbeat?

Very doubtful. Most likely just trying to find ways to talk up their new phone. from the leaks it looks like a smaller version of the V20. 

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #6,765 of 7,916
Yeah I assumed that.. Still hopeful..
That will be a real treat..

I want to go balanced with my Shure SE846 so it will be cool to have that option on a slim good performance device.

The Onkyo Granbeat will probably have better sound quality but it's such a brick with mid range performance.. Plus, who knows how the Smartphone department will be from Onkyo for the first time making a Smartphone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back