Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #6,661 of 7,916
I thought that was the Z3+ that held that accolade?! Not totally sure though

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #6,664 of 7,916

For some reason, I am still leaning towards the iphone 7 adapter. It sounds cleaner and warmer for the size.

I have had:
  - HTC 10 
  - Mate 9
  - LG V20
  - Pixel XL
  - S7 Edge

I still miss the musicality of HTC 10. But iphone's adapter wins it for me. 

+1 for apple

I auditioned v20(from friend), 7edge(friend) le max x900+ (mine), iphone7+ (my wife)
* using spotify alone no equalizer
* iem used - Xiaomi Piston Pro HD or the they call it v5 the latest from xiaomi 2+1 driver ( they claim )

- my friends v20 sounds good and detailed and clear but not my style ( it lacks power )
- my friends 7 edge dont bother, the moment i put my iem nto my ears i removed it immediately
smily_headphones1.gif

- my le max x900+ very poweful sound stage, clear but treble is a mess.. i got hissing when turned the volume 80% +
- iphone 7+ of my wife - balanced, detailed and i can listen to it all day even @ 100% volume

*sorry for my english
smily_headphones1.gif

Spend something more in iems, not all is the phone :wink:

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #6,666 of 7,916
New prices for the Z3c are holding up. The Xc is actually cheaper!
Can anyone compare the SQ of the Z3, Z5 and X compact models?
How far can the 3 & 5 models be upgraded for Android OS? (The Z3c is listed as Kitkat 4.4
frown.gif

Wouldn't buy a Z3c new, not in a million years. I'm too cheap for that.

Got official android 6.0.1, this is how I bought it end of 2016. There are video reviews of Z3c after official android 6.0.1 upgrade, did my homework too.

Don't recommend rooting it, this will result in losing DRM keys, which is actually the first of two things you need to check if buying 2nd hand, that is if DRM keys are intact cause there is no way to get them back if lost. You need these because among other things they affect low light camera algorithms.

The other thing you need to check is 3.5 mm socket, early units had a distinctive loose fitting which broke after some time, later on SONY wised up and used a very tight fitting socket which inspires somewhat more confidence.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #6,668 of 7,916
Yea exactly, thats probably why he can't tell the difference.
Also hes listening at 100% volume because the iPhone lacks power haha.

If i set 100% volume on my HTC I will go deaf for sure.

Umm, I know you LOVE your HTC but get your fact straight. iPhone certainly louder than HTC. Both speaker wise (6, 6s, 7) and headphone out (6, 6s)

iPhone 6s reach 69db vs 68db on HTC10, on headphone out, 6s reach 0.986v vs 0.95v on HTC10.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #6,669 of 7,916
Umm, I know you LOVE your HTC but get your fact straight. iPhone certainly louder than HTC. Both speaker wise (6, 6s, 7) and headphone out (6, 6s)

iPhone 6s reach 69db vs 68db on HTC10, on headphone out, 6s reach 0.986v vs 0.95v on HTC10.

idk that must not be the case then with the iPod touch 6G, because at max volume its like the HTC10 at 70%.
And when using 32 or 40 ohm headphones its even worse than when used with 16ohm.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #6,671 of 7,916
T
idk that must not be the case then with the iPod touch 6G, because at max volume its like the HTC10 at 70%.

And when using 32 or 40 ohm headphones its even worse than when used with 16ohm.

That I agree, newer iPod Touch a bit anemic in terms of power.

Resolutions apart, iPhone headphone out is among blackest I've heard. And loudest among smartphones of same era.

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #6,672 of 7,916
T
That I agree, newer iPod Touch a bit anemic in terms of power.

Resolutions apart, iPhone headphone out is among blackest I've heard. And loudest among smartphones of same era.

I see, maybe when i see my brother again ill ask him to borrow his iPhone 7 real quick to test.
I was just assuming the iPod 6G to have the same type of output as the iPhone 6/6S, but I guess that isn't the case.

I guess thats why its totally not acceptable for me, but its fine since its not what I got it for. I actually got it to use in my car's since the iPod interface is supported by all modern cars.

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #6,673 of 7,916
Hey guys, back here with some great news. It's been about 3 months since I have bought my LeTV Le1 PRO (X800+) and I am more than satisfied with it. Tweaked the OS a bit here and there (mainly to get rid of Chinese stuff), but it's great. No menu lags, no restart issues, no bad signal or call quality and great audio (using Sennheiser Momentum M2 in-ear and Tidal/FLAC audio format). One or two days of battery life depending on use. For 190 dollars on Aliexpress (64GB version), that's a steal!
I'd say it's the best smartphone for audiophile in that price range.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #6,674 of 7,916
I want to ask a question from those guys who have either x900 or x900+. I am searching for a difference between these two models but couldn't find it except that x900+ support more bands (a seller on aliexpress told me this). I am in a dilemma between x900/x900+ as sellers on aliexpress send random piece on order.

Can anyone having either of these two confirm what band their device supports ? 

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #6,675 of 7,916
Can someone please give impressions of PPTV king 7 sound?

Nobody has bought that I believe....I was reading and watching some comments on YouTube the device has many bugs and at first didn't even have a phone interface no dialer etc. it had more of a tablet style OS and even problems applying update to fix that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back