Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #6,571 of 7,916
Well, if someone is himself admitting to being professionally involved in the development of a product, then obviously he is gonna defend that product, it makes sense, doesn't it.

I've got no problem with that, it is just human behavior, this phone might be very good or the best or whatever, the man is having his say, that's all.

Myself I have no experience with any HTC so just enjoying the vivid conversation in here.

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #6,572 of 7,916

Its just fact, compare it to other things on the market. Check review sites anywhere. Chinese software is horrible, all Chinese phones have their own GUI's on top of android which are atrocious and they usually have different horrible bugs that never get fixed.

Its always you saying check, check and check, without you even providing sources for your claims and so called facts. 

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #6,573 of 7,916
  Its always you saying check, check and check, without you even providing sources for your claims and so called facts. 

Im done feeding the troll.

Because I mean if you have a brain Google is not far away.
I already provided reviews and links before, and what happened? People just completely ignored the posts and kept on "thinking" about things.
  Well, if someone is himself admitting to being professionally involved in the development of a product, then obviously he is gonna defend that product, it makes sense, doesn't it.

I've got no problem with that, it is just human behavior, this phone might be very good or the best or whatever, the man is having his say, that's all.

Myself I have no experience with any HTC so just enjoying the vivid conversation in here.

This is not at all the case, I just said I have no brand loyalty to any brand. I buy what is good and I recommend what is the best for anyones price range. Of all the HTC's I tested I only really liked the M8 and the HTC 10. The A9 I thought was horrible for the price and has a horrible speaker output, the Bolt has no Headphone jack (thats a total joke) and the M9 while a "good" phone it has major overheating problems. At first you think its better than the M8 until you have it for a little while and then you see how bad the 810SD is and that just kills the phone overall.
The one major fault of the HTC 10 though is the lack of front speakers, while the "tweeter/woofer" combo "works" its not anywhere near as good as the front range immersive experience that the M8/M9 provided. And for that reason I have suggested some people take a real look at the ZTE Axon but nobody that I have recommended it to has actually bought it due to poor software reviews. Once they start doing real digging they find out about all of the issues with the software and decide not to buy it.
Of the few I have recommended it to... 2 of them ended up with an HTC 10 and one ended up with a LG V20 (which he is semi-happy with)

Moto G is a great phone aswell especially for the price and does much better than most of these other chinese MFG (considering that Moto is now Lenovo we will see how that affects the quality in this generation) around the same price range.

Feb 1, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #6,574 of 7,916
Hi There,

You seem to be an HTC expert.I also love HTC build quality and have yet to be disappointed even by their low priced phones.

I currently have the HTC One A9.Love the SQ.Best sounding phone I have ever owned.

My headphone collection is Sennheiser PX 100,PX 100 II(80% of my listening to Music occurs on these in the back of a uber taxi to work and back about 3 hours every day),Audio Technica M40X and Sennheiser HD 598 for more serious listening .i.e nothing high impedence.

I am based in India and you can't listen to HTC 10 in stores here only order it online and returns are only processed if there is a defect not because you don't like the way the phone sounds...

My source is Apple Music 256kbps and Indian streaming services with 320kbps mp3 files.I am too lazy to actually get FLAC files and the like(Blasphemy I know...)

Is HTC 10 a significant step up from the A9 in the SQ department if I am just going to use the above headphones?

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #6,575 of 7,916

No mate. It uses ESS Sabre + TI amps.
I also read earlier that Flyme OS 4 sound better than 5 version and that the Pro 5 sound little bit better than V10 in head-to-head comaprison (but then you also have a problem which OS was on Pro 5 which sound better than the V10).

EDIT:

Did anyone of you guys tried Gigaset ME phones??? The ME and Me Pro have ES9018K2M DAC and the Lite version AMK4375 DAC.

I really would go for Gigaset ME, cause it's not that big (145mmx69mm) but can anyone tell about sound experience with these phones???

yeap it has ES9018K2M as far as I understood, got my ME PRo yesterday, sound quality is not bad, not bad at all ! need some more time, but it is definitely better than Zte Nubia Z7, Zte Axon Pro and also much better tha Zte Nubia Z11 mini S , but not sure about LG V10 yet 

cheers

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #6,576 of 7,916
Hi There,

You seem to be an HTC expert.I also love HTC build quality and have yet to be disappointed even by their low priced phones.

I currently have the HTC One A9.Love the SQ.Best sounding phone I have ever owned.

My headphone collection is Sennheiser PX 100,PX 100 II(80% of my listening to Music occurs on these in the back of a uber taxi to work and back about 3 hours every day),Audio Technica M40X and Sennheiser HD 598 for more serious listening .i.e nothing high impedence.

I am based in India and you can't listen to HTC 10 in stores here only order it online and returns are only processed if there is a defect not because you don't like the way the phone sounds...

My source is Apple Music 256kbps and Indian streaming services with 320kbps mp3 files.I am too lazy to actually get FLAC files and the like(Blasphemy I know...)

Is HTC 10 a significant step up from the A9 in the SQ department if I am just going to use the above headphones?

You probably would notice more details more than anything esle, also better soundstage and stronger amp, this is from testing both with Philips SPH9500 32ohm which is some ways similar to the 598s, is it significant with high quality files? In some ways yes

Feb 1, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #6,577 of 7,916

yeap it has ES9018K2M as far as I understood, got my ME PRo yesterday, sound quality is not bad, not bad at all ! need some more time, but it is definitely better than Zte Nubia Z7, Zte Axon Pro and also much better tha Zte Nubia Z11 mini S , but not sure about LG V10 yet 

cheers

Wow, finally someone with first hand impressions of Gigaset ME Pro. Please keep us updated gugman.

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #6,579 of 7,916
From what I have read, there are no drivers for such a combination

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #6,580 of 7,916
  Hi There,

Yes I would say so. I tested the two phones almost side by side and I can say that the HTC 10 has better sound output overall but not so much more in the power department. I think they are using the same Amps but the 10 has a better DAC. Overall if the HTC 10's price is very high for you I would say its not worth upgrading to it unless you want to take advantage of its other features as in the audio department the headphone out itself is not so much better to justify the price.
But if you commonly use the external speakers then it is a night and day difference, and the camera and overall device speed are much better. But the A9 atleast in my experiences usually had better battery life just due to its 615SD chip running the A53 low power cores.

You probably would notice more details more than anything esle, also better soundstage and stronger amp, this is from testing both with Philips SPH9500 32ohm which is some ways similar to the 598s, is it significant with high quality files? In some ways yes

I didn't have the same reactions when testing with my 40Ohm Panasonics, but like I said while the HTC 10 was better its not enough to justify the difference in price unless you can get the HTC 10 cheap, especially if your primary factor is just audio headphone jack output quality.

He would be better off buying a FiiO K1 or FiiO E18 instead and plugging it into the A9.

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #6,582 of 7,916
Yes I would say so. I tested the two phones almost side by side and I can say that the HTC 10 has better sound output overall but not so much more in the power department. I think they are using the same Amps but the 10 has a better DAC. Overall if the HTC 10's price is very high for you I would say its not worth upgrading to it unless you want to take advantage of its other features as in the audio department the headphone out itself is not so much better to justify the price.

But if you commonly use the external speakers then it is a night and day difference, and the camera and overall device speed are much better. But the A9 atleast in my experiences usually had better battery life just due to its 615SD chip running the A53 low power cores.

I didn't have the same reactions when testing with my 40Ohm Panasonics, but like I said while the HTC 10 was better its not enough to justify the difference in price unless you can get the HTC 10 cheap, especially if your primary factor is just audio headphone jack output quality.

He would be better off buying a FiiO K1 or FiiO E18 instead and plugging it into the A9.

You are right...That's why I didn't comment on price only audio because sometimes you can find a good deal like I could've gotten a brand new one for $360 but I already bought my Axon and like it..... otherwise it's $599 and although it's a good phone and I'm not saying it's not worth the price tag but for me I wouldn't spend that amount for one especially with other options out there.

EDIT: regarding battery I've found the opposite....I've found the 10 to have better battery than the A9 especially under load

Feb 1, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #6,583 of 7,916
Agreed, btw do you use Super Hi-Fi or Standard on your Axon? I find Super louder but it has a 3D personal soundstage but soundstage on Standard seems wider, everything seems more controlled, smooth and musical, I just use the volume boost by GOODEV to boost overall volume if needed, some speculate that standard only uses the Snapdragon but it sounds great to me

I've always just used super hi-fi just cause I assumed it was better due to its name, lol. I've never tried the standard option. I'll have to try it out and see how I feel.

Feb 1, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #6,584 of 7,916
I've always just used super hi-fi just cause I assumed it was better due to its name, lol. I've never tried the standard option. I'll have to try it out and see how I feel.

Just figured out last night the software has a bug where Dolby would turn on by itself sometimes when you attach headphones and Super mode doesn't like Dolby lol (depending on the settings) so volume etc suffered

Feb 1, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #6,585 of 7,916
You are right...That's why I didn't comment on price only audio because sometimes you can find a good deal like I could've gotten a brand new one for $360 but I already bought my Axon and like it..... otherwise it's $599 and although it's a good phone and I'm not saying it's not worth the price tag but for me I wouldn't spend that amount for one especially with other options out there.

EDIT: regarding battery I've found the opposite....I've found the 10 to have better battery than the A9 especially under load

yes under load the 10 has better battery life because all 8 cores of the A9 do use more power than the superior 820. But for average daily battery life I had better life with the A9 most days unless its a heavy usage day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back