Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #6,558 of 7,916
So which smartphone has the fastest UI AND excellent SQ ?

You have to trade off a little bit. My vote for V20. The UI is still laggy a little bit, but it's acceptable especially if you're familiar with non Google original UI. HTC 10 is a little bit more fluid, nevertheless the SQ is in a same basket with V20, each to his own flavor. Beside V20 has superior camera, and replaceable battery. And it's likely to receive two more OS update than HTC 10.

Price tag wise, HTC 10 for sure, it's dropping.

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #6,559 of 7,916
My vote goes to the HTC, it seems the most fluid and least buggy. Ive owned pretty much all these phones within the last year so I speak from some experience. I am now using the Axon 7 and it's definitely pretty snappy and the sound is definitely top notch. I would've put it at the top if not for some bugs and the navigation keys that don't light up (I mean come on, What?!), But it's a great bargain none the less. The LG V20 doesn't feel as quick to me for some reason. The audio is prooooobably the best but I have to be really listening to the sound to even notice.

Agreed, btw do you use Super Hi-Fi or Standard on your Axon? I find Super louder but it has a 3D personal soundstage but soundstage on Standard seems wider, everything seems more controlled, smooth and musical, I just use the volume boost by GOODEV to boost overall volume if needed, some speculate that standard only uses the Snapdragon but it sounds great to me

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #6,560 of 7,916
Actually i can't, the only chance that comes to my mind is buying it from amazon, I'll have 30 days to return it

That's what I did with the Axon... tried it, liked it, kept it....Yea ZTE could probably have done better with the navigation keys like make them light up and space them further apart and maybe a better camera but for $350 with two year warranty? regardless of the little bugs etc I love it

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #6,561 of 7,916
I'm not sure about the SenseUI as its purely subjective. IMO from using HTC G1 Android since day 1, and later HTC devices, Sense is laggy as any other non Google original UI. It adds too much nonsense customizations hence sluggish.

The bold part is what I want to emphasize. This isn't how Android works. Apps are ALWAYS kept in a cache memory no matter how you want to change that, HTC or LG or any other vendors cannot and they don't reload apps but Android does. If the cache reaches quota, they're paged out.

Killing apps periodically like HTC does actually do more harm than good things, since apps are kept in cache for a number of reasons: fast access, less IO, etc. Cached memory are paged anyway if expires, so you don't have to worry about that. Reloading the apps and makes it reloads everything rather than just paged in from cache memory is a bad idea from OS perspective.

If you search my posts, I'm not an LG fan either, but I don't like the way you praise HTC.

Because they have equally ****ty software.

Sorry to tell you but that is not the case.
SenseUI hasn't lagged since literally the HTC EVO, nevermind in any other versions of Android. There were some selective issues with the HTC weather clock and some lag if that was on the main screen, but otherwise no real issues at all. In the last 2 versions of Sense they have really stripped it down and it uses the same stock Android (Read: horrible garbage) selection of toggle items vs the nice customizable versions that existed in older Sense (I guess this sort of app control communism is a plus if you are an android purist).
As far as app caching you are completely 100% incorrect and side by side tests with the S7 & G5 show this is not at all a fact. Once again like I said in a previous post, the facts are out there and you choose to not look at them but instead to debate your own theories. Side by side with my Nexus 9 (which is obviously stock android) every single app is re-opend when its selected from the task manager unless it was the last app used and it was used just prior (because after say 10 or so minutes it reloads when re-opened).

Killing applications that haven't been used in 3 days is not at all "wasting battery" because they are not re-opening. in practice it actually saves battery by closing uselss services and other idle BS from apps you aren't using anyway.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #6,562 of 7,916
You have to trade off a little bit. My vote for V20. The UI is still laggy a little bit, but it's acceptable especially if you're familiar with non Google original UI. HTC 10 is a little bit more fluid, nevertheless the SQ is in a same basket with V20, each to his own flavor. Beside V20 has superior camera, and replaceable battery. And it's likely to receive two more OS update than HTC 10.

Price tag wise, HTC 10 for sure, it's dropping.

You are claiming that LG will update their OS past the HTC 10 OS? Nice joke, care to actually provide some proof of this happening? Because in the past this isn't the case, but the M7 & M8 are great examples of HTC's continued commitment to its products years down the line. Its part of what justifies their price tag, because they don't forget about you the way other mfg's have in the past.

As far as replacable batteries.... I used to be a huge advocate of this, but "wet" internal batteries can actually last insane amounts of time (infact often much longer than harder external cells), I have a first gen iPod Touch (2008) and it still has great battery life today 8 years later. And I have done nothing to "take care" of the battery.
My XPS 13 has a non-removable battery and I've had it about 1.5 years and the battery wear is only about 4-6% of the total power.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #6,563 of 7,916
I also don't like how Jimster480 overpraise HTC. Anyways nothing wrong with that, just some way some users express themselves :wink:.

But I agree about SenseUI being superior among other OOTB custom UI. It's less bloaty and closer to vanilla nexus experience.

HTC community also known for their support on older handsets, providing custom ROM with latest android for older handsets. They keep my evo lte alive - slightly laggy now, likely due to old harware - until now.

Android still not for me though. I'm a lazy apple guy, their ecosystem enable me to sloth through almost anything :p.

So which smartphone has the fastest UI AND excellent SQ ?

I vote for iphone 5s, with ios8. It's my backup media player, digital photo frame, cycling comp, and gameboy box :D.

Just suggestion for all iDevice owners, save your SHSH blob, so you can downgrade your OS at will. Most of the time.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #6,564 of 7,916
Sorry to tell you but that is not the case.
SenseUI hasn't lagged since literally the HTC EVO, nevermind in any other versions of Android. There were some selective issues with the HTC weather clock and some lag if that was on the main screen, but otherwise no real issues at all. In the last 2 versions of Sense they have really stripped it down and it uses the same stock Android (Read: horrible garbage) selection of toggle items vs the nice customizable versions that existed in older Sense (I guess this sort of app control communism is a plus if you are an android purist).
As far as app caching you are completely 100% incorrect and side by side tests with the S7 & G5 show this is not at all a fact. Once again like I said in a previous post, the facts are out there and you choose to not look at them but instead to debate your own theories. Side by side with my Nexus 9 (which is obviously stock android) every single app is re-opend when its selected from the task manager unless it was the last app used and it was used just prior (because after say 10 or so minutes it reloads when re-opened).

Killing applications that haven't been used in 3 days is not at all "wasting battery" because they are not re-opening. in practice it actually saves battery by closing uselss services and other idle BS from apps you aren't using anyway.

Do you even know how caching works instead of I see this and I see that?

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #6,566 of 7,916
I also don't like how Jimster480 overpraise HTC. Anyways nothing wrong with that, just some way some users express themselves
wink.gif

But I agree about SenseUI being superior among other OOTB custom UI. It's less bloaty and closer to vanilla nexus experience.

HTC community also known for their support on older handsets, providing custom ROM with latest android for older handsets. They keep my evo lte alive - slightly laggy now, likely due to old harware - until now.

Android still not for me though. I'm a lazy apple guy, their ecosystem enable me to sloth through almost anything
tongue.gif
I vote for iphone 5s, with ios8. It's my backup media player, digital photo frame, cycling comp, and gameboy box
biggrin.gif

Just suggestion for all iDevice owners, save your SHSH blob, so you can downgrade your OS at will. Most of the time.

I also love Moto devices, they have been very great especially for the money in the recent years. I always owned motorola phones before I got into HTC.
I had Nextel for many years with the famous i1000 and then an i205 and i730 and then to a Moto Q (original) then Moto Q9C then Moto Q9C Rev2 then EVO->EVO LTE->M8(secondary testing after defective launch day unit)->M9(tested)->A9(tested)->M10(tested then bought)->Bolt (tested)

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #6,568 of 7,916

Chinese phones though... very questionable quality and usually horrible softwares.
As a long time purchaser of chinese electronics these are typically the faults of 95%+ of them.

Youve got to be kidding me... is this an actual fact of which i doubt it is, or is it your own opinion?

Saying that their quality and softwares are horrible is the most biased thing to be said, i cant even take you seriously.

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #6,569 of 7,916
  Youve got to be kidding me... is this an actual fact of which i doubt it is, or is it your own opinion?

Saying that their quality and softwares are horrible is the most biased thing to be said, i cant even take you seriously.

Its just fact, compare it to other things on the market. Check review sites anywhere. Chinese software is horrible, all Chinese phones have their own GUI's on top of android which are atrocious and they usually have different horrible bugs that never get fixed.

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #6,570 of 7,916
See above. Don't feed the troll or the shill. Seeing WAY too much of this on head-fi lately, for smartphones and DAP's. Shills and apologists for IGG projects where the manufacturers have not lived up to good faith expectations, but some members defend them to the death,, to the detriment of the community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back