Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #6,529 of 7,916
did anyone compare the sound quality of Xiaomi Mi Mix with other dac'd Smartphones ? 

I am interested to see if it stands even close to HTC 10 or LG V20 ? 

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #6,531 of 7,916
I've used HTC 10 for one day and agree it has good sound quality but compared to LG V10, the battery and software aren't better either, tho it's closer to ASOP.

The V10 really? My friend has that phone and its HORRIBLE honestly not only does it overheat all the time but it has the worst ever battery life. We were just at an event about a month ago and during the course of the event his phone lost 80% battery with minor use (event about 7 hours) and I lost 50% battery taking multiple 4K videos of racing (it was a racing event obviously).

Now if you are talking about the V20 its more comparable, but LG software is just overall terrible and their period for doing updates has been historically bad. I'm not saying that things cannot get better in the future but if you take a look back HTC is basically the only phone MFG as of the last years to be really supporting their past generation products. Take a look at the HTC M7 which is going on 4 years old, its still getting updates!

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #6,532 of 7,916
let's stop that HTC 10 bashing. 2 pages already, we got it, everyone shall try it. but don't anyone dare here to say the best right now or similar. too many good smartphone's audio out there, depends on taste.
I like HTC boomy sound, but definitely not neutral (which would be best?) :)
I personally am very keen to read more about the xplay 6...
and hope that V20s comes out for real :/

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #6,535 of 7,916
I personally am very keen to read more about the xplay 6...

soomal reviewed it:
http://www.soomal.com/doc/10100007023.htm

beware that soomal's tests are unloaded, so opa1622 (imho the most important improvement on xplay6) is not stressed in the test.
excellent performance, except slight interference in the left channel.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #6,536 of 7,916
Jan 31, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #6,537 of 7,916
Chinese phones though... very questionable quality and usually horrible softwares.
As a long time purchaser of chinese electronics these are typically the faults of 95%+ of them.

wow, some biased opinion here, once again.

i've been using xiaomi and meizu for more than 3 years, along with my girlfriend and some friends, too. no hardware faults, stable softwares (especially with xiaomis), no issues whatsoever. if you really want to criticize some chinese brands, check out their camera performances. other than that, these are just phones, just like with any a-brand. no wonder sony, htc, or even samsung feel the heat.

audio wise, the meizu pro 6 plus has to be one of the best phones out there, and it's a solid device in every way. global availability might be a bit tricky, though.

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #6,538 of 7,916
Just a suggestion guys.don't feed the troll.

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #6,540 of 7,916
costs too much 

and as well meizu pro 6 plus, also not officially imported in EU for now

Of the 3 devices you are thinking about getting only one has a dedicated Hi-fi DAC and that's the Axon, I heard there's a lot of problems with the EU version but on the US so far has been great with only a few software quirks, I would say the sound is pretty good but needs some tuning to sound it's best and it gets loud but I think it needs more volume steps for sure, Pocketnow has a series called "real audio review" on YouTube and they recently did the 3T I believe you could benefit from watching it but all in all good showing by the 3T , that mi5s plus is beast on specs though and can't be that terrible with audio especially if you use 32ohm or less just wait for GSMArena audio review to get a reference or you could still buy an external DAC one day, I think Axon is great overall the Axon 7 mini sounds better but smaller screen. BTW LG has a v20 Pro or v34 I think...Look into that one I remember watching a video on it I think it will be less expensive and be available in the EU?

EDIT: v20 Pro has a smaller screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back