Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #6,316 of 7,916
I don't think I can stretch to the v10. The price in the U.K. Would mean I would have to spend an extra £200! I'm sure it lots of benefits over the x3 lite, but maybe not £200 extra worth of benefits for me personally.
Now I just need to see if I'll even be happy with the lite! :laughing:
Thanks for your input though! Very much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea you are right Amazon UK doesn't have as many v10 as the US site, well all that matters is that you enjoy what you buy so happy hunting and I hope it works out ☺

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #6,317 of 7,916
  I do'nt have any of the supported headphones, so I will leave it then. Anything about the quality when using the "hi-Fi" mode?

top notch, it has maybe the best output quality in 2015 according to loaded test in ap.

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #6,318 of 7,916
Wolfson chips are known to be better than Snapdragon for audio unless if you count the Snapdragon Aqstic in the HTC10

every 820/821 device uses aqstic(wcd9335) 
biggrin.gif
 and 835 will use it too.

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #6,319 of 7,916
every 820/821 device uses aqstic(wcd9335) :D  and 835 will use it too.

True but I believe manufacturers have to pay extra to use it was this is a lie? Because other than the HTC everything else like the S7 or G5 is just meh, also the phone you always recommend is it the Mi Note or Mi Note Pro? Sorry I get confused I've never owned a Xiaomi device

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #6,320 of 7,916
Limited storage space is the main reason. I did look at those though for sound quality. I prefer iPhones as a phone, but like the option of expandable storage on most android phones. If the x5 3rd gen was a price I could justify to myself, if get that. £138 is a good price for something I can use for multiple uses, as well as having good sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well in that case it might be worth it to get it and just use it as a player itself. But regarding audio quality i doubt it as iPhones do have cirrus logic dac themself. It may not be that big of a jump or difference whatever.

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #6,322 of 7,916
  top notch, it has maybe the best output quality in 2015 according to loaded test in ap.

Cool..... it is the Hi-Fi mode from now on....

I guess you haven't tried the xplay 6 yet?  I ma always looking for new toys
wink_face.gif

Onkyo's DP-CMX1 looks like the device for music lovers, now let's hope that is's a good phone too. 

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #6,323 of 7,916
Mustang80 I've had x3 lite (k51c78) for a few months. For the money it cost me, it is a flipping good phone (full HD good quality screen, battery 3400mAh, NFC, swift fingerprint reader, stereo speakers). As for SQ, I can't complain, in comparison with my cousins' Galaxy S6 or HTC M8, I didn't notice any significant difference, the truth is S6 was IMHO worse and M8 not as good as I expected it to be. :smiley: I use it with Tidal (Premium) and I am satisified with this phone.

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #6,324 of 7,916
Dear RicardoB.

Do you plan to use the phone as your daily phone or is it just for the music???

If it is only for the music, then i would say you got nothing to be afraid of. I have the Le1 (x800) lenovo vibe x3 and now the Mi note. I don't use these phones as my daily phones. I just use them to listen to music. I haven't had any problems with any one of them. The only minor issues I have is with the Mi note that stops playing music after 30min, but then i just press play and it starts playing again. I guess it's the software. But playing music using poweramp eliminates the problem. 
So if you are just looking a device to play music and sometimes use it to make a phone call or send text massages or reading on the internet, then don't be afraid to try chinese phones.
The Mi note is cheap now and sounds great.

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #6,326 of 7,916
No not as my daily phone, that's my iPhone.

Part of the thing that has sprurred this on is that I'm going on holiday later this year, and don't want to risk anything happening to it, as it's far more expensive to replace. I also don't have the kind of storage in it that I'd like.. it's 64GB, but I have more music than that, and like the option of being able to have it all available to play. I love being able to brows my library using cover art, which made me look at something like the Fiio X7, but it's too expensive. I also have apple music for free, so wanted an android device as it has expandable storage, and has apple music now (for anything I don't already have)
I was thinking about a REALLY cheap phone, then wondered if the sound would be any goood. Came on here and saw a few posts about the X3, then found out that the X3 I can get cheap is the lite version which aparently doesn't have the Sabre DAC in that one.

Basically, I'm just making sure I do some homework before I purchase anything :)

PS, Chinese phones don't bother me at all, other than some not coming with Play Store.

Jan 12, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #6,328 of 7,916
Xiaomi back cover is really easy to remove. So I hire a DIY tinsmith to mod opamp to be opa211 and change digital asynchronus clock to be Japan-grade. SQ is so improved that I never touch my dx100 again and think about selling it instead.

Add more info on SW modded in case somebody wanna know, I ask WindowX to mod a fidelizer to it.

Does fidelizer work on Android? Can't find app on play store. Does it require rooting

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #6,330 of 7,916
Mustang80 I've had x3 lite (k51c78) for a few months. For the money it cost me, it is a flipping good phone (full HD good quality screen, battery 3400mAh, NFC, swift fingerprint reader, stereo speakers). As for SQ, I can't complain, in comparison with my cousins' Galaxy S6 or HTC M8, I didn't notice any significant difference, the truth is S6 was IMHO worse and M8 not as good as I expected it to be. :smiley: I use it with Tidal (Premium) and I am satisified with this phone.

Dear RicardoB

Do you plan to use the phone as your daily phone or is it just for the music???

If it is only for the music, then i would say you got nothing to be afraid of. I have the Le1 (x800) lenovo vibe x3 and now the Mi note. I don't use these phones as my daily phones. I just use them to listen to music. I haven't had any problems with any one of them. The only minor issues I have is with the Mi note that stops playing music after 30min, but then i just press play and it starts playing again. I guess it's the software. But playing music using poweramp eliminates the problem. 
So if you are just looking a device to play music and sometimes use it to make a phone call or send text massages or reading on the internet, then don't be afraid to try chinese phones.
The Mi note is cheap now and sounds great.

Well thanks but I wasn't the one looking for a device and for sure I'm not shy with Chinese phones I have the x800 currently, although could you tell me there is a mi note and a pro version right? Which are you and others referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back