Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #6,286 of 7,916
Just got my marshall london in the mail yesterday. This is my first real DAC other than intel integrated laptop junk, and an old creative audigy. It sounds amazing, AptX bluetooth on my Blu-100 Brainwavz is awesome, and I'm already hearing things on FLACs that i didnt know were there. The included edjing app and 4 channel mixer is really fun to play with. When i've used the onboard mics the output is stereo, and very clear. The front speakers are loud without much distortion when cranked to 36. I absolutely love this phone.

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #6,287 of 7,916
  Just got my marshall london in the mail yesterday. This is my first real DAC other than intel integrated laptop junk, and an old creative audigy. It sounds amazing, AptX bluetooth on my Blu-100 Brainwavz is awesome, and I'm already hearing things on FLACs that i didnt know were there. The included edjing app and 4 channel mixer is really fun to play with. When i've used the onboard mics the output is stereo, and very clear. The front speakers are loud without much distortion when cranked to 36. I absolutely love this phone.

​How about the phone itself ? is it good enough for daily task like browser on google/facebook etc and watch movies/xxx videos xD ?

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #6,288 of 7,916
Totally quick enough for every day use; though I manage my expectations for mobile devices. I generally watch videos and movies on my laptop, or cast them to a tv. I was previously using a first gen moto x (2013), which after the 5.0 upgrade, began to slow down. The london is quicker than that phone. My main phone right now is a Moto G4, and I'd say the london is a tad slower than that. The raw specs dont tell the whole story, as the very lightly skinned stock android helps the phone to run smoothly. However, i did not purchase this phone for those functions; if anything i would use it to make and recieve calls and texts, which it does fine at. Unfortunately the radio bands only allow it to be in service on AT&T here in America. The camera is alright, plenty for selfies and social media, but a bit slow to focus.

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #6,289 of 7,916
More Onkyo DP-CMX1 from a russian site:

https://translate.google.se/translate?hl=sv&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmobiltelefon.ru%2Fpost_1477330833.html

Site claims Japan price will be ~80 000 Yen.

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #6,290 of 7,916
Gave in and ordered the Axon 7.

As much as I would have liked the native DAC recognition without having to worry about compatibility that the LeEco x800 / x900 have (not to mention them both being considerably cheaper), the x900's screen size is just far too unwieldy for my purposes and the x800's 64GB limit and no SD card slot was bound to frustrate me to no end.

Perhaps nothing infuriated me more in researching this than seeing LeEco ditch their AKG tuned custom DAC solution and headphone jack for their janky USB only solution. Their latest models would have otherwise been perfect. At the end of the day I guess I'm glad to be able to support ZTE with my money for focusing on audio quality particularly since their handset division recently experienced layoffs.

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #6,292 of 7,916
Later on this year, I think it crown will go to the Onkyo DP-X11 phone. It has almost everything of a popular DAP: dp-x1.

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #6,295 of 7,916
oh dang, Le Eco and Coolpad released a new phone called S1 and it has a headphone jack, and also it has Harman Kardon audio, it has NXP smart PA, im sure it has a dedicated one. Also you can still use their CDLA throught its USB type C.

http://www.gsmarena.com/coolpad_cool_s1-8481.php

It meantions AKG, perhaps it has a new ESS DAC costumized by AKG maybe like the Le Max?

Someone translate these plz

EDIT: found this quote in another web about the phone

"The Coolpad Cool S1 comes with symmetrical dual stereo speakers, dual-type sound chamber design and dual 10V intelligent audio amplifier. The phone is also bundled with Harman Kardon AKG N18 earphones as well. The headphones themselves are said to be word around 999 Yuan (approx. $144 USD) and are made of aluminum (that's cool!) - this is definitely an amazing value by itself."

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #6,299 of 7,916
Hi all,
Just looking for some advice on the Lenovo x3 lite.

I was originally looking for a decent-for-the-money flag player and thought I was going to get the fiio x3. However, I just don't like the interfaces of these players. Since before they were available, I always wanted a way to browse by cover art. I know it's superficial, but sometimes it inspired me to listen to something I wasn't going to originally. So I started looking at flac players based on android. Way too expensive for what I will use them for. So I decided I could use a smartphone with decent sound as a compromise. I know it won't beat a dedicated player, but this won't be my main device.. mainly something to use on holiday. Obviously a smartphone also has the added bonus of other apps I can use on it, as well as watching movies.

The Lenovo x3 lite is pretty cheap on eBay at around £140, and seems to have been mentioned on here quite a bit.
Does anyone actually have one who can vouch for its sound quality? Did I read that it has the same DAC as the Marshall London? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #6,300 of 7,916
Another one bites the dust.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/12/14236978/htc-u-ultra-play-announced-price-release-date-specs-features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back