Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #5,746 of 7,916
I think he once said he love to buy from local shop.

I would just like to know if it will a) work and b) work on my network. Buying cheap don't mean **** if the product does not a) AND b).

Shane D

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #5,747 of 7,916
I would just like to know if it will a) work and b) work on my network. Buying cheap don't mean **** if the product does not a) AND b).

Shane D

Please excuse me.

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #5,748 of 7,916
I have a somewhat large music collection of about 110GB. The phone looks awesome but, it only mentions one LTE 4 G band that my carrier uses. Also, I have never used AliExpress and don't know who who buy from. Price looks good (about $300.00 in my money), but but not sure if it will even work.

Shane D

Which carrier do you use? Let me see if I can help

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #5,749 of 7,916
Please excuse me.

To be clear, I appreciate your input VERY much!:thumbsup:
I tend to research every purchase to death. And this one has a lot more variables.

Shane D

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #5,750 of 7,916
Which carrier do you use? Let me see if I can help

I have been with Bell since the early 90's. Great service, but the price keeps going up.
Thinking about buying a phone outright and switching to pcmobile.ca. Best prices in this part of the country. I am guessing they rent space from Bell/Telus and resell it.

Shane D

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #5,751 of 7,916
The Kingzone K1 Turbo also appears to have that Yamaha YDA165 chip. It appears that the Yamaha chip is just an amp though. Probably the Kingzone phones just use the SoC DAC to feed the Yamaha amp.

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #5,752 of 7,916
Got my LeTV x900 yesterday which I bought from AliExpress. From what I listened up to now, the sound quality of this phone is amazing. The only phone that I can recall that had close enough sound quality was the Pro 5. I'm very impressed so far with the SQ and the screen.

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #5,753 of 7,916
Got my LeTV x900 yesterday which I bought from AliExpress. From what I listened up to now, the sound quality of this phone is amazing. The only phone that I can recall that had close enough sound quality was the Pro 5. I'm very impressed so far with the SQ and the screen.

Yes to tell you the truth, I have been in both meizu facebook group and Letv facebook group (my local language) and there have been several wars deciding which is better than another. 

I would say they both equally god-tier SQ but just difference in signature. I also would like to see if someone gonna test V20 compares to x900. which makes me itchy to spend money on. :D

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #5,754 of 7,916
I personally prefer the LeTV so far with the ability to just enable the Hifi mode and use it with any app. The pro 5 will require rooting to enable that and I don't know if it will be as easy to enable and disable as the LeTV. The 3.5mm lightning adapator for the iPhone 7 with its Cirrus Logic DAC is very far behind the LeTV.
The V20 is very interesting but at $765 here, its expensive :D. It would indeed be very interesting to know the difference between these 2. I'm not expecting the difference to be big though. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #5,755 of 7,916
Well, that's not 100% true. The Meizu Pro 5 now comes with the HIFI enabled for 99% of audio players.

Sorry if I'm duplicating questions but... about the USB-C jack of LETVs mobiles... What happens if I use (for example) the meizu HD50, I mean, a normal ones with jack conection using an adaptor to USB-C. Is the DAC working normally? Or you have to use a USB-C headphone to make it work?
Thanks! 

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #5,756 of 7,916
  Well, that's not 100% true. The Meizu Pro 5 now comes with the HIFI enabled for 99% of audio players.

Sorry if I'm duplicating questions but... about the USB-C jack of LETVs mobiles... What happens if I use (for example) the meizu HD50, I mean, a normal ones with jack conection using an adaptor to USB-C. Is the DAC working normally? Or you have to use a USB-C headphone to make it work?
Thanks! 

Letv first gen (x800,x900) are not compatible with type c to 3.5. But gen 2,3 (ie. le max2 and le 3 pro) is working.

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #5,758 of 7,916
  But the quality of the audio output is the same using adaptor or a USB-C headphones?
Independently of the headphones used...

hard to tell.

AFAIK, using adaptor it use dac inside phone while using usb c headphone it use headphone dac inside.

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #5,759 of 7,916

My mi note is now fidelizer upgraded! :)

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #5,760 of 7,916
  But the quality of the audio output is the same using adaptor or a USB-C headphones?
Independently of the headphones used...

Are you asking about the first gen Le 1 series (x800/x900) or the 2nd or 3rd gen phones that lack a headphone jack? If the latter than the consensus in this thread is that the newer models just use the Qualcomm SoC audio path for the 3.5mm USB-C adapter. So the audio quality will be the same as any phone that uses the Qualcomm audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back