Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #5,611 of 7,916
That's the problem with Vivo in general. Their phones always seem overpriced. Does anyone even know the price for the Xplay 6? Outside of India where could you actually buy one anyway? Here in the Philippines we only have some of the Y and V series. No Xplay.

Just from china, I believe is the only option. In thailand there were once xplay and x series but since not good marketing so now there are only v and y series just like yours.

Nov 30, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #5,612 of 7,916
I am currently using the LG V20 tbh I still can't hear a difference apart from volume change when I turn on quad dac or not, even on the Music app that LG provided. It is definitely an upgrade over my iphone 5s but wish there was more difference between the SD820 dac and the Ess9218

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #5,614 of 7,916
I am currently using the LG V20 tbh I still can't hear a difference apart from volume change when I turn on quad dac or not, even on the Music app that LG provided. It is definitely an upgrade over my iphone 5s but wish there was more difference between the SD820 dac and the Ess9218

What earphones are you using? I hope you are not connected to external dac.

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #5,616 of 7,916

I believe that is what the new LG V20 uses. The quad DAC

Vivo specified it as 129db DR -120db THD+N, which is same as ES9028Q2M/C2M, different from ES9218's 124db DR -112db THD+N. Maybe ESS updated mobile 9028 a little and named as mobile 9038?

although ES9218 doesn't look like top performing in DR/THD, it does have AVC, is unique feature that can significantly improve real world performance.

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #5,617 of 7,916
Hi All, 

I've recently been lucky enough to acquire a Xiaomi Mi Mix, announced as a concept phone in October but released in limited quantities.  I Ordered mine from eGlobal Central UK.

This thing is stunning, with a unique bezel less display on 3 sides with a minimal chin - making the display at 6.4" in a device not much bigger than an iPhone 7 Plus.  It also comes in 2 flavours, one with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage (The one i have) and the other with 6GB RAM and 256GB Storage.  Though no SD card Slot unfortunately.

Anyway I normally wouldn't bother sticking headphones into any phone as they are usually so poor (Last few devices have been Samsung Note's and the sound quality of those is just terrible).  I'd usually grab my Fiio X7.  But this thing has blown me away!

The sound quality on this is amazing - i'd say it's as good as the X7, if not even better.  I've yet to put the time into it really to tell but so far it's easily on par.  I've recently bought a car so unfortunately not spending as much time commuting while zoned out on a bus.

Sometimes it's a bit of an inconvenience lugging around 2 devices; have I finally found my one device dream?

It was specced as having a High Resolution DAC but i can't seem to find any info on what it is or how to find out?

Cheers
Paul 

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #5,618 of 7,916
  Hi All, 

I've recently been lucky enough to acquire a Xiaomi Mi Mix, announced as a concept phone in October but released in limited quantities.  I Ordered mine from eGlobal Central UK.

This thing is stunning, with a unique bezel less display on 3 sides with a minimal chin - making the display at 6.4" in a device not much bigger than an iPhone 7 Plus.  It also comes in 2 flavours, one with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage (The one i have) and the other with 6GB RAM and 256GB Storage.  Though no SD card Slot unfortunately.

Anyway I normally wouldn't bother sticking headphones into any phone as they are usually so poor (Last few devices have been Samsung Note's and the sound quality of those is just terrible).  I'd usually grab my Fiio X7.  But this thing has blown me away!

The sound quality on this is amazing - i'd say it's as good as the X7, if not even better.  I've yet to put the time into it really to tell but so far it's easily on par.  I've recently bought a car so unfortunately not spending as much time commuting while zoned out on a bus.

Sometimes it's a bit of an inconvenience lugging around 2 devices; have I finally found my one device dream?

It was specced as having a High Resolution DAC but i can't seem to find any info on what it is or how to find out?

Cheers
Paul 

It used Snandragon DAC called AQSTIC which should be better than normal phone. 

Dec 1, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #5,620 of 7,916
Mi Mix uses qualcomm WCD9335 like most snapdragon 82x devices. it's not that bad if implemented properly.

but still have some catch up to do from cirrus logic, and even more far away from ess though.

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #5,621 of 7,916
Hi All, 

Cheers
Paul 

Congrats on the phone! That is one beautiful handset and I love the large screen and large storage. And a bonus with the very good sound.
Can't find any large displays with large storage and great for music in Canada. They all seem to be made for China and India.

Shane D

Dec 1, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #5,622 of 7,916
Congrats on the phone! That is one beautiful handset and I love the large screen and large storage. And a bonus with the very good sound.
Can't find any large displays with large storage and great for music in Canada. They all seem to be made for China and India.

Shane D

Cheers Shane.  It really is stunning, pictures and such just cannot do it justice - quite possibly the sexiest slab of technology I've ever laid eyes on.  I'm forever wiping drool off the display..

I was all for getting a Note 7, but that quite literally blew up in my face... (too soon?)  I was then considering the Moto Z or the Pixel, but the design is so boring.  Then I happened to see a picture of this thing, I had to have it!  

The great sound is just some sort of unexpected bonus on top really, I wouldn't normally have even tried it, but I found myself at work without my X7 the other day..

Don't give up - I'm in the UK but still managed to nab one, i'm sure you could import something to suit your needs!

Dec 1, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #5,623 of 7,916
  Cheers Shane.  It really is stunning, pictures and such just cannot do it justice - quite possibly the sexiest slab of technology I've ever laid eyes on.  I'm forever wiping drool off the display..

I was all for getting a Note 7, but that quite literally blew up in my face... (too soon?)  I was then considering the Moto Z or the Pixel, but the design is so boring.  Then I happened to see a picture of this thing, I had to have it!  

The great sound is just some sort of unexpected bonus on top really, I wouldn't normally have even tried it, but I found myself at work without my X7 the other day..

Don't give up - I'm in the UK but still managed to nab one, i'm sure you could import something to suit your needs!

What price do you get for mi mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back