Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #5,461 of 7,916
  and those NXP smart audio ICs are speaker amps, they drive the internal speaker and maybe earpiece, but has nothing to do with 3.5mm path.

Are you sure about this? I mean I know they are intended for small speaker applications, but could it not also be used for headphone audio? If the NXP chips are speaker amps only then the amps in the x800 and x900 are a mystery. What is LeTV using to amp the headphones in those devices? Some reports here say the output is quite loud. The NXP chip in my Flash Plus 2 is not at all loud, but those are the reports. So surely it can't be SoC audio at the headphone jack. You know I just realized that the speaker in my Flash Plus 2 is actually unusually loud, but the headphone audio isn't. So maybe Alcatel/Flash at least is only using it for the speakers, but it has a Mediatek SoC and Mediatek audio is mouse quiet and the Flash Plus 2 audio isn't quite that bad. So I don't think it's SoC audio.

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #5,462 of 7,916
Yes there

it is AKG verified. there is no customization on sound signature going on in the 3.5mm path (which is a good thing).

don't take marketing material seriously, those things are written by marketing people who don't know nothing about audio technology, but are masters of manipulating words.
and don't take performance specs from smartphone manufactures seriously. because...

the only thing reliable is the IC model, and please read "custom" as "unknown" when it comes to IC model.
and of course IC model doesn't guarantee audio quality, tons of things can go wrong in hardware/software implementation and jeopardize the final output....

Yes there is, the DAC tuned and partially developed by AKG, with LeTV and ESS doing most of the work as said on a press video and on the official site. Of course, what you said can apply to other phones like th G5 B&O module, LG V20 with the B&O 'tuning" and Cubot Echo KTS sound.

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #5,463 of 7,916
I am going to try to do a direct listening test between the Vibe X3, A7010, and Vibe K4 Note if I can. C78 is not available locally, but that Lenovo page seems to verify that it does have the same chips as the standard Vibe X3. We don't have such verification for the A7010 or Vibe K4 Note.

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #5,464 of 7,916

Are you sure about this? I mean I know they are intended for small speaker applications, but could it not also be used for headphone audio? If the NXP chips are speaker amps only then the amps in the x800 and x900 are a mystery. What is LeTV using to amp the headphones in those devices? Some reports here say the output is quite loud. The NXP chip in my Flash Plus 2 is not at all loud, but those are the reports. So surely it can't be SoC audio at the headphone jack. You know I just realized that the speaker in my Flash Plus 2 is actually unusually loud, but the headphone audio isn't. So maybe Alcatel/Flash at least is only using it for the speakers, but it has a Mediatek SoC and Mediatek audio is mouse quiet and the Flash Plus 2 audio isn't quite that bad. So I don't think it's SoC audio.

sure.
3.5mm path use integrated amps (WCD9335, ES9018Q2C, etc.), or opamps (OPA1612, etc.), or specialized headphone amps (ES9602, MAX97220, TPA6120, etc.)

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #5,465 of 7,916
  Yes there
Yes there is, the DAC tuned and partially developed by AKG, with LeTV and ESS doing most of the work as said on a press video and on the official site. Of course, what you said can apply to other phones like th G5 B&O module, LG V20 with the B&O 'tuning" and Cubot Echo KTS sound.

that's what the marketing department wants you to believe...there is sound signature tuning in headphones, speaker path, earpiece path, digital sound effects, telephony...but not 3.5mm path.
3.5mm path is focused on noise, drive, debug...and maybe distortion? if that engineer is capable and having enough time and budget.

AKG is involved, in verification. it's like a badge of honor.

Nov 24, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #5,466 of 7,916
Thank eio. I got a lot of update information and have put away my past belief.

Local people are more reliable source for local brand than any other. 
wink.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #5,470 of 7,916
Thanks for answer but I want new one and I can't find any used Meizu Pro 5 32GB in my country. Only new ones, way to expensive.

Well this is interesting, too bad it doesn't support LTE. Price is still tempting :)

So should I buy Ulefone Vienna or anyone has suggestion for other smartphone with very god sound quality under 200$ (LeTv doesn't have slot for SD Card and I need slot or at least 64 GB ROM)?

If you get the LeTv x800 US or "international version" it gets LTE in the US and some other countries but LeEco has dropped support so still on lollipop until they either release an update or release the sources so a developer can port Marshmallow ROMs over to us properly, most US versions also come with malware ridden software but an official lollipop ROM update from LeEco (with some bugs) can be placed on the internal storage, booting into recovery and flashing update, the CN version will get 3g or HSPA+ which is fast enough IMO and is still getting updates from LeEco, use the site below to check frequency compatibility but if you do go the x800 route I recommend the CN version

http://willmyphonework.net

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #5,473 of 7,916
so, a cheap chinese phone with 300$ DAC-AMP is no different from an HTC 10 with 300$ DAC-AMP?

Some golden ear can slightly differ. Normal person like me hardly differ. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back