Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #5,116 of 7,916
Considering HTC 10 is only discounted to $500, I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger on Axon 7 at $399 or wait for Black Friday to see if either one gets discounted any further. I'm paying tuition out of pocket / loan so I need to save as much as I can. At the same time I'm coming 3 years off of iPhone 5s that's getting worse by the day (battery is failing among other things).

Anyone have any insight on how these sales usually operate? Thanks in advance.

You can always find a deal on Ebay , craigslist or Amazon.  If you keep searching, you will find a deal.  

Also, if you're a student, there's tons of companies who offer student discounts.

I think the htc 10 has better treble extension if you're interested in that.  But, if you don't have very high end earphones or headphones you might not notice the difference.

Nov 9, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #5,117 of 7,916
You can always find a deal on Ebay , craigslist or Amazon.  If you keep searching, you will find a deal.  

Also, if you're a student, there's tons of companies who offer student discounts.

I think the htc 10 has better treble extension if you're interested in that.  But, if you don't have very high end earphones or headphones you might not notice the difference.
Thank you that's good info to know, never would have thought there's school discounts.

And I'm just using it as a transport that has speakers when I'm not connecting it to chord mojo.

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #5,118 of 7,916
Does anybody here own a UMi Super? I am currently using a 6000mah battery phone and got so used to it that I turned away by 3000mah phones... Battery life means more than audio to me :/

UMi Super seems like a decent compromise, having in mind it's 4000mah Sony battery, but how good is the audio? :)

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #5,122 of 7,916
How long for music? and do u consider the battery life good then?

If only music with shuffle and not open to play facebook or youtube movies, it is 12+ hr. But with high brigtness lets say 70%++ and social media , it makes battery drain faster like only 8 hr due to 2K screen. I therefore consider it as usual phone not good battery. Comparing to what mx4 pro gave me, it was like forever...

Nov 10, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #5,124 of 7,916
Can anyone tell me if a LG G5 with the B&O module an upgrade to HTC One M9 in terms of audio fidelity.

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #5,125 of 7,916
Can anyone tell me if a LG G5 with the B&O module an upgrade to HTC One M9 in terms of audio fidelity.

Sure you can get better treble extension and instrument separation and 3d soundstage. Big step upgrade.

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #5,127 of 7,916
So it will matter if Im using it with something like Campfire Vega

I pretty sure it affect all level of earphone you use. You can hear difference more or less.

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #5,129 of 7,916
  Does anybody here own a UMi Super? I am currently using a 6000mah battery phone and got so used to it that I turned away by 3000mah phones... Battery life means more than audio to me :/

UMi Super seems like a decent compromise, having in mind it's 4000mah Sony battery, but how good is the audio? :)

Man you really should check the company's forum and see what's going on in there for yourself, concerning all 3 recent similar spec models.

While they look good on paper, I wouldn't touch either one with a 10 feet pole, unless I was feeling extremely lucky, and even then, audio quality would probably be the least of my problems. Just read them forums.

At a similar price point I would look at Ulefone Vienna, this is one that actually works.

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #5,130 of 7,916
If I read the forums I wouldn't have any excuse to post comments here and feel, at least for a second, like my life matters :-D

But yeah, I get what you mean. I think the wisest decision I can make is to wait some more time, get next gen Vivo. Hopefully it has an even better battery by then (and better audio) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back