Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #4,891 of 7,916
After having the HTc10 for 5 months. Previously using V10 for a brief moment. I can conclude that HTC10 is the best as a whole package.

1/ unlocked, the ability to have connections everywhere. Seamlessly 4G connections, free Wi-fi call on T-mobile anywhere, secondary networks on 4G. Excellent connection and receptions. For years, I had been trying to connect to 4G with different unlocked phones by Samsung and Sony....never had that access to T-mobile secondary LTE...until now.

2/ compact, can be used in one hand comfortably. Frequent firmware upgrades.

3/ No manual high-low gains. No 3rd party apps bugs, it only seamlessly constantly offering Hi-fidelity Audio out of 3.5mm Jack.

4/ unlocked HTC 10 means Unlocked...no bloat ware, no hidden locked features on any networks.

5/ Camera is excellent, fast, smooth.

6/ No blowing up battery...LOL

7/ for a mere $550 for this device is a steal.

8/ Excellent Bluetooth Audio connectivity and connection. I am talking about Bluetooth level of Dedicated DAP.

I had been in the market for the best phones and audio quality for so ...so long. After all, I could never thanks HTC enough for this, and Qualcomm at this. Finally, a high-fidelity smartphone with excellent usability and connectivity, freedom, and 0 bugs.

So, if you are like me, do yourself a favor, and give HTC 10 the chance. It is excellent as a whole package...unless you fancy those 3rd party DAC, which will constantly numb you into 3rd party app bugs (the nature of Android and hardware implementation). Then with all due respect, keep reporting the quality on your new findings

For more HTC 10 review and details

http://www.head-fi.org/t/807570/review-on-htc-10-and-sound-quality-aqstic-dedicated-integrated-dac

Gonna have to agree with you on this. Everything on this phone works great after the last couple updates. I initially had a huge wifi bug but it has since disappeared with updates.

The sound on this phone is outstanding. Just as good as the LG G5 and the v20 to me. No fiddling with anything to get it to work right, it just works. I also like this "dual" speaker design better than the other current phones out there.

As a phone it is also great. I bought the unlocked version directly from HTC. I live that it has no bloatware. I installed the Google now launcher and it works exactly like a stock Nexus device to me. I'm an adoptive storage guy, and this phone does it so well.

If there was one issue it would be that the screen was just slightly too small. Something in the 5.5-5.7" is my sweet spot. If they come out with something bigger, I will jump on it, lol.

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #4,893 of 7,916
I hear it used Qualcomm Dedicated integrated DAC as HTC 10 does, the AQstic.... However, Samsung always have the tendency to Mess up high quality DAC implementation in their phones. My friend has S7....and it sounds ****ty. I couldn't believe they used the same thing as HTC 10. I was surprised when I found out about that....nothing remotely as good.

I would never look into Samsung again when Audio quality is a concern, not to mention their note 7 that burn...and burn...my Note 3, Note 4...sounded ****ty on both Qualcomm or Exynoss versions....and we are talking about Wolfson DAC in those Exynoss.....
but according to gsmarena it has better audio than lg g5

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #4,894 of 7,916
but according to gsmarena it has better audio than lg g5

Look closely, the G5 without the add on module is using STANDARD INTEGRATED QUALCOMM DAC. The S7 Standard DAC is a dedicated DAC AQSTIC from Qualcomm.

You are asking if a standard Qualcomm DAC is inferior to Qualcomm dedicated DAC ?

The answer is, Of course it is.

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #4,897 of 7,916
Is there any phone with good audio as well as good features like
1. Quad HD display
2. Good camera
3. Aptx
4. Good build quality?

I already posted for you a few post back...the HTC 10. Even though both HTC 10 and S7 use AQstic DAC, the implementation and dedication from HTC is ways better than Samsung. It turned HTC 10 into the best smartphones with quality audio and everything else in a whole package ATM. I have high confidence that to surpass what HTC 10 offer as a whole package will be very hard.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/807570/review-on-htc-10-and-sound-quality-aqstic-dedicated-integrated-dac

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #4,901 of 7,916
If the S7 has the aqstic DAC, why does it sound worse than the G5 with hi-fi DAC. It's anemic to me. Nit even close. The HTC 10 and the G5 w/hi-fi DAC, on the other hand, are extremely close.

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #4,902 of 7,916
If the S7 has the aqstic DAC, why does it sound worse than the G5 with hi-fi DAC. It's anemic to me. Nit even close. The HTC 10 and the G5 w/hi-fi DAC, on the other hand, are extremely close.

Better amp

Nov 1, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #4,905 of 7,916
After having the HTc10 for 5 months. Previously using V10 for a brief moment. I can conclude that HTC10 is the best as a whole package.

1/ unlocked, the ability to have connections everywhere. Seamlessly 4G connections, free Wi-fi call on T-mobile anywhere, secondary networks on 4G. Excellent connection and receptions. For years, I had been trying to connect to 4G with different unlocked phones by Samsung and Sony....never had that access to T-mobile secondary LTE...until now.

2/ compact, can be used in one hand comfortably. Frequent firmware upgrades.

3/ No manual high-low gains. No 3rd party apps bugs, it only seamlessly constantly offering Hi-fidelity Audio out of 3.5mm Jack.

4/ unlocked HTC 10 means Unlocked...no bloat ware, no hidden locked features on any networks.

5/ Camera is excellent, fast, smooth.

6/ No blowing up battery...LOL

7/ for a mere $550 for this device is a steal.

8/ Excellent Bluetooth Audio connectivity and connection. I am talking about Bluetooth level of Dedicated DAP.

I had been in the market for the best phones and audio quality for so ...so long. After all, I could never thanks HTC enough for this, and Qualcomm at this. Finally, a high-fidelity smartphone with excellent usability and connectivity, freedom, and 0 bugs.

So, if you are like me, do yourself a favor, and give HTC 10 the chance. It is excellent as a whole package...unless you fancy those 3rd party DAC, which will constantly numb you into 3rd party app bugs (the nature of Android and hardware implementation). Then with all due respect, keep reporting the quality on your new findings

For more HTC 10 review and details

No... 

I agree on the positive points - but not the price. At 550, it is already a very expensive phone. Not disagreeing that it's worth it's money - but don't put it as "For a mere 550$" - it's wrong, considering that there are so many alternatives - even in completely different price ranges. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back